PDA

View Full Version : Going to DL next weekend!

miepanda
03-04-2003, 08:12 AM
my friend and i are going to disneyland/dca to celebrate my 30th! hope you guys can help us out. where might the "best video taping spot" be for believe? we'd love to catch tinkerbell fly! also, i made reservations for goofy's kitchen at 8:15am on the 16th. where is the best place to park if we decide to go to dca after the breakfast?

jrad32
03-04-2003, 08:20 AM
The fireworks are good from the hub, but I also like the less crowded seating area near Dumbo.

dsnyredhead
03-04-2003, 09:20 AM
The best place is Main Street. I've watched them from Small World Mall alot. You can see Tink fly though you have to turn around to see her.

Wizard69
03-04-2003, 11:02 AM
The best place to watch Believe is the hub.

As far as parking, do you mean yourselves or the car?

miepanda
03-04-2003, 11:17 AM
yes, i'm sorry, i meant to park the car... we're staying at the hilton anaheim, so after we check out from the hilton, we plan to drive to the disneyland hotel for goofy's kitchen... afterwards, we're thinking of taking in dca for a couple of hours... is there a better lot to park in this situation? it's been years since we've been up there... hope i'm making sense! and thanks for all the help! :D

timl33
03-04-2003, 11:41 AM
Wherever you park for Disneyland should be good enough for DCA as well. DCA is just a stone's throw from Disneyland. You'll see when you get there. :)

Wizard69
03-04-2003, 06:15 PM
The Hilton should have a shuttle to the park. Check with the hotel to see. See if they will drop you off at the Disneyland hotel instead of the park entrance. After Goofy's Kitchen, walk through Downtown Disney to DCA.

Or, park your car in the Mickey and Friends parking structure and follow the signs to the trams. When you get to where you board the trams, look to the right. You will see an opening in the fence with a cast member standing there. Go through the opening and turn left. Walk straight towards the opening in the fence (follow the signs which say "Downtown Disney"). Go through the opening in the fence and turn right. There is a signal there. Cross the street into the Downtown Disney parking lot. Keep going through the parking lot towards ESPN Zone. Once you reach ESPN Zone, keep going until the building ends. Turn right and go to the Disneyland Hotel from there and go to Goofy's Kitchen. After that, backtrack and when you see ESPN Zone, keep walking straight toward the monorail track. Keep walking through Downtown Disney to DCA which will be on your right after La Brea Bakery.

julia
03-04-2003, 07:07 PM
Have fun at Disneyland! Main Street is supposedly the best place to see the fireworks, according to the guy in charge of the fireworks at Disneyland, but I've always enjoyed watching them over between Critter Country and New Orleans Square - there is a bit of blockage from the foliage and trees, though, but it is really small.

The shuttle is the best idea. But, if I was parking, I'd probably use the Disney parking structure over towards the Disneyland Hotel and Downtown Disney. Disneyland and California Adventure are really close; California Adventure was built on the old Disneyland parking lot, so that should tell you how close it is to Disneyland.

You'll have a great time at Goofy's Kitchen - it is a lot of fun!

Have a great trip!
:) Julia