PDA

View Full Version : Sucks to Bee a Monorail.

MonorailMan
03-04-2003, 06:04 AM
Well, According to David's artical today, it seems that the Monorail's can't catch a break, although, they can catch plenty of breakdowns, and falts.

Example: Me and Mom were heading out of the park, and Monorail Blue passed over. At the time, I wasn't thinking about it, but I felt something moist over my head. When I was using the restrooms near the entrance, I saw that I got squirted by some oil. Mom cracked up when I told her what it was. :)

refurbmike
03-04-2003, 10:54 AM
Yea, while waiting in Stand-By for Soarin once, I would freak out every time the monorail would pass overhead. I was always afraid it would drop some piece of equipment on me. :eek:

innerSpaceman
03-04-2003, 11:44 AM
I run for my life everytime the monorail passes overhead.

rexfarms
03-04-2003, 03:22 PM
Poor Monorails. :(

Disneyfreak
03-04-2003, 05:42 PM
They should put the monorails out of their misory, and bust out the new monorails with the bubble top!:)
Everyone try to tell city hall if something like oil gets on your head (you should of immediately told them about the oil) that is major. The monorail could of been loosing oil pressure and could of been slowly breaking down. Also if you would put in a recommendation that new monorails be developed and the track refurbished for the 50th anniversary.:p

rexfarms
03-04-2003, 05:57 PM
How come Bombardier(sp) wont build us some new ones?

Disneyfreak
03-04-2003, 05:59 PM
Its not bombardier its disneys stupid budget. Im sure that it would be a plessure to build them some if disney would stop being so cheap. Besides Disneyland is the reason they are in business.

rexfarms
03-04-2003, 06:03 PM
What are you thinking about. How much would it cost for a new fleet? How many members are there of MP. How much would it take each member to give for a new fleet? I can always wonder.

DisneyFan25863
03-04-2003, 06:15 PM
More than we can afford (we are talking 5mil a train, and that was in the 70's!:eek: )

Also, whenever the Monorail passes overhead, it's an running joke in my family that I'll yell "HIT THE DECK! DEATH IS COMING!"

You should have seen the look on my friend's face when I yelled that last month :D

Morrigoon
03-04-2003, 06:47 PM
Well, what is Vegas paying for the new trains they've ordered?

edit: Here they are... Mark VI's (http://www.monorails.org/tMspages/CnstLV22a.html)

rexfarms
03-04-2003, 07:25 PM
How do you suggest we get Disney to get us new ones? They are not even "new" they were built on the bottoms of the Mark III.

MonorailMan
03-04-2003, 08:32 PM
If anyone has looked at the queue covers on Soarin', there full of oil. ;)

You know, you right rex, now that I think about it, the Mark V's were nort new when they were installed. This mans we are running on 44 year old Monorails (but with new stuff). I say they get some new ones.

BIAAPD! ;)

rexfarms
03-04-2003, 09:09 PM
http://www.bombardier.com/ :(