PDA

View Full Version : Summer Nightastic

kingqueen 3princesses
03-22-2010, 12:45 PM
So, I planned our trip June 1-5.

I'm a little confused about Fireworks, Fantasmic, and World of Color.

Do these events not start until the 11th?

I'm guessing the fireworks are still on the weekends that first week of June--it's just the "Remember" ones instead of the "Magic" ones...is that right?

Will Fantasmic be running or not until summer nightastic starts?

I can't see that an official opening date has been set for World of Color--Is your guess that it will open before the 11th?

I'm wondering if I should postpone my trip by a week...I was just thinking the earlier in the month, the better chance I have of fewer crowds.

S S Columbia
03-24-2010, 11:50 AM
According to MP's weekly update (March 22 (http://www.mouseplanet.com/9203/Disneyland_Resort_Update)), Fantasmic is expected to return on Friday, May 28. If that happens, then it's safe to say that Fantasmic will likely to be showing on May 28/29/30, June 4/5/6, and nightly from June 11 to Aug. 29. That's only based on 2008, when Fantasmic was not shown on the weekdays (Mon. to Thurs.) in the first 2 weeks in June.

The fireworks will be transitioning from RDCT to Magical, so it's hard to say. In '07 and '08, DL did not have fireworks on the weekdays in the first week of June.

World Of Color: Who knows? :)

HTH :)

oregontraveler
03-24-2010, 12:17 PM
I read somewhere else that WOC will start June 11th, so as not to compete with F! returning on May28th.

AVP
03-24-2010, 02:51 PM
I read somewhere else that WOC will start June 11th, so as not to compete with F! returning on May28th.Not exactly. Disney sent out a press release last week that said Summer Nightastic will return June 11th, and that World of Color will be part of Summer Nightastic. (You can read the press release here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=1517010&postcount=2)).

What Disney very carefully DID NOT SAY in that press release was that World of Color would actually debut on June 11th. In fact, as we noted in this week's Disneyland Resort Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/9203/Disneyland_Resort_Update), Disney has been exceptionally careful not to give ANY concrete opening date for World of Color. From non-official sources we've heard June 1st, and we've heard June 18th, and (from the real-doom-and-gloomers), we've heard "sometime this summer, if we're lucky," but Disney won't commit to anything officially.

Unfortunately the press release was so vaguely worded that some people definitely read it to mean that World of Color would open on June 11th. A Disneyland spokesperson told the Orange County Register yesterday that the date hasn't been finalized and will be announced later this spring; the Register's article (http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2010/03/23/disney-releases-summer-deal-but-no-show-dates/38521/) implied that "Disney blogs and fan Web sites" had "misinterpreted" the press release.

I personally think it's really dirty pool to release a deliberately vague press release, then point fingers when people reach a perfectly reasonable conclusion based on your poor choice of wording. I get that Disney is trying to avoid a repeat of last year's Summer Nightastic drama, where they built the marketing campaign around the Fantasic dragon, only to deal with a series of mechanical issue that delayed the dragon's debut until after Summer Nightastic ended, but they were being too coy here and it failed.

Disney has since revised the press release on their Web site. Where it originally said

Beginning June 11, "Summer Nightastic!" returns to the Disneyland Resort, featuring exciting evening events that will electrify the night. "Summer Nightastic!" runs through Aug. 29 at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure theme parks.

Headlining the entertainment is the new nighttime water spectacular – "World of Color" – at Disney's California Adventure park.

it now reads:

Beginning June 11, “Summer Nightastic!” returns to the Disneyland Resort, featuring exciting evening events that will electrify the night. "Summer Nightastic!" runs through Aug. 29 at Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure theme parks.

Also coming this year is the new nighttime water spectacular – “World of Color” – at Disney’s California Adventure park.
That's a big difference.

AVP

houseofmouse
03-24-2010, 06:31 PM
So lame. :|

Double check your releases before you release them.

S S Columbia
04-19-2010, 07:30 AM

Do these events not start until the 11th?

I'm guessing the fireworks are still on the weekends that first week of June--it's just the "Remember" ones instead of the "Magic" ones...is that right?

Will Fantasmic be running or not until summer nightastic starts?

I can't see that an official opening date has been set for World of Color--Is your guess that it will open before the 11th?

I'm wondering if I should postpone my trip by a week...I was just thinking the earlier in the month, the better chance I have of fewer crowds.
Magical fireworks and Fantasmic are on the official DLR calendar:

Friday, May 28, through Monday, May 31.

(The official calendar is currently updated to May 31.)

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/daily/daily?name=CalendarDailyPage&date=20100522&span=10&parkDCA=true&parkDLP=true&parkDTD=false

Hope this helps. :)

Flygirl
04-19-2010, 04:47 PM
It has been a couple of years since we have been to Disneyland. What is the difference between the "Remember" and "Magic" fireworks shows? I think the last one we saw was 2 years ago--I think it was the "Wishes" show.

cstephens
04-19-2010, 05:09 PM
It has been a couple of years since we have been to Disneyland. What is the difference between the "Remember" and "Magic" fireworks shows? I think the last one we saw was 2 years ago--I think it was the "Wishes" show.

What you're referring to as the "Wishes" show is really the "Remember" show. "Wishes" is the song that they use for "Remember", which was the fireworks show from the 50th celebration, which takes you on a journey around the park, experiencing attractions.

"Magical" debuted last year (I think) and is the summer fireworks show. The major selling point of the show is that Dumbo flies during the fireworks.

disneykohler
04-19-2010, 11:47 PM
cstephens: This has absolutely no bearing on this thread, but I have to say it. I LOVE your countdown. I just laughed out loud at work and they think I've lost my mind. :) Carry on!

Lex

S S Columbia
04-20-2010, 03:16 PM
It's official! World of Color is scheduled to open on June 11.

From the disneyparks blog:

The Date You've Been Waiting For: 'World of Color' Water Spectacular Debuts June 11 at Disney's California Adventure Park (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/04/the-date-youve-been-waiting-for-world-of-color-water-spectacular-debuts-june-11-at-disneys-california-adventure-park/)

http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/woc410008LARGE.jpg

S S Columbia
04-21-2010, 07:07 AM

Update:

For your dates, fireworks and Fantasmic are both listed on the calendar!

Right now the calendar is updated to Wednesday, June 2:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/daily/daily?name=CalendarDailyPage&date=20100528&span=10&parkDCA=true&parkDLP=true&parkDTD=false

Fantasmic & Magical fireworks are scheduled every night from May 28 - June 2.

:)

erinemc76
06-07-2010, 08:05 AM
This question may have already been answered, but I don't see it right now. How long will the World of Color show run? I know it's billed as a summertime event, but what's the official end date of summertime festivities? Thanks!

daveywest
06-07-2010, 08:37 AM
World of Color isn't just a summer only show. It will run year round (likely dropping to weekends & holidays only in off season). Think of it as the Fantasmic of CA.

erinemc76
06-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks!