PDA

View Full Version : CM asked "are you ready now"

Pages : [1] 2 3

orchid2
03-21-2010, 06:16 AM
Going thru Disneyland front gates this last Friday at about 1:00pm my daughter walks thru the turnstiles on the right side, I wait behind a stroller in my scooter while the line on the right is going fast the one on the left is not moving and people are going over to other lines. Problem the "girl" CM on the left side is more worried about how her hair, looks then waiting on guests, she is playing with her long black hair and long finger nails and not getting people thru. Finally she lets the stroller thru and then looks at me about 2 minutes later and said "Are you ready now" unbelievable I'm "I" ready I've been waiting some 4 minutes for you to get your hair and look perfect before you let me in and you ask me "Are you ready now" once again unbelievable. I question now what was I thinking that I didn't get a lead?

Goingquackers
03-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Really not worth getting worked up about. Relax and make the best of things.

Toocherie
03-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Agreed--the CM will eventually be noticed by higher ups.

houseofmouse
03-21-2010, 08:49 AM
I agree too. People like that seem to disappear quickly.

However, I probably would not have been so patient to wait for her to finish fussing with herself. I would have said something like"Hello? Are you open? Or I think your hair looks lovely, can we go in now?"

queenbetsey
03-21-2010, 09:07 AM
imma with you on this one. that cast member was out of line. so not disney.

janell
03-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Its sad that we say accept it and say don't let it bother you. Why do we pay so much money to go somewhere and put up with this sort of treatment? Why do we accept being talk to this way?

This CM should be thankful and happy to even have a job! Im sure there are many other people who would be greatful to have a job and would treat the people who come to their place of work, much nicer.

I know you are saying the higher ups will see this and this CM will be gone. I don't really believe that. Because the CM of years past were much better. Disney is allowing/putting up with less quality in CM. Sad. Very sad.

And Im not saying there aren't great wonderful CM's. There are. I had in countered two terrific CM the last time I was there.

Toocherie
03-21-2010, 10:39 AM
PP said she was held up four minutes. Not a lot of time in the scheme of things.

And the CM will be noticed by higher ups if only because the CM working the other turnstyle will eventually get ticked and report it.

kfreak
03-21-2010, 11:37 AM
If your food at a restaurant is horrible, and not cooked correctly do you just accept it? No you dont, you say something, and send it back. If someone is being rude to you when you are purchasing something that is about $80 do you just leave it alone in hopes that their boss will notice someday? No you dont, you say something to their boss. This is no different. Now if the CM had been trying to fix their makeup because they have been crying thats one thing. Then you know there is a underlying problem. This does not seem to be the case though. I have learned these kinds of things in classes I have to take. You should say something about it when it happens. One of my best Prof's will be the first person to say something, and she teaches Service Marketing, along with many other Courses.

BlkPearlCptn
03-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Problem the "girl" CM on the left side .....

Ok, the "girl" in quotes has me curious. It's a "girl" CM...so does that mean you weren't sure if it was a girl...boy... it? Another female species? Just curious.

I guess I'm of the camp that four min isn't that big a thing in the scheme of life. She may just have had an off day. If it's regular business as usual, then her supervisors will discover that soon enough and she'll be gone. It wouldn't really have bothered me. But, I'm that way... pretty laid back.

cstephens
03-21-2010, 02:09 PM
If your food at a restaurant is horrible, and not cooked correctly do you just accept it? No you dont, you say something, and send it back. If someone is being rude to you when you are purchasing something that is about $80 do you just leave it alone in hopes that their boss will notice someday? No you dont, you say something to their boss.

It depends on the circumstances. No, not in all cases as you've indicated above would I say something. I pick my battles.

codewoman
03-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Ok, the "girl" in quotes has me curious.

Was she under the age of 12? If she's old enough to work the gate, I'd say she was a woman. Would you have called a male of her age a boy? :( Pet peeve.

kfreak
03-21-2010, 04:24 PM
This is where I am different. If I am paying for a service I expect that service to be at the level I am spending. If I am spending $80 to get into the parks, then I expect a certain level of service. And to me her taking time to fix her hair is not up to par, and the way that she acted to the person entering the park was completely wrong, and needs to be addressed. I am not one to just complain for any little thing. I have people get my order wrong, and as long as it is close to what I ordered I am ok.

kfreak
03-21-2010, 04:55 PM
I can hear some of the complaints from the other side: "There I was, waiting in line, and the CM who took my ticket had the most unkempt, disarrayed hair I had ever seen. Here I am spending $xxx.xx for the experience and I expect properly attired and coiffured employees, not ones with disheveled appearances!"

That would be the Leads job to tell them they are unkept, and need to fix their appearance before they start work for the day. Every job has a set of standards, its MGMT's job to make sure people follow them.

cstephens
03-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Was she under the age of 12? If she's old enough to work the gate, I'd say she was a woman. Would you have called a male of her age a boy? :( Pet peeve.

I use "girl" to describe a lot of people of the female gender, regardless of age. For males, I use "guy". I wish there was a female equivalent of "guy", but "gal" doesn't really do it for me.

BlkPearlCptn
03-21-2010, 06:12 PM
I don't mind the use of the term "girl." It was the OP putting it in quotes that gave it a whole another meaning. Just wondered what they meant by that.

The old man
03-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Finally she lets the stroller thru and then looks at me about 2 minutes later and said "Are you ready now" unbelievable I'm "I" ready I've been waiting some 4 minutes for you to get your hair and look perfect before you let me in and you ask me "Are you ready now" once again unbelievable.
I find your grammar and syntax very difficult to read. One example is that sentence above. I can't follow it.

kfreak
03-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Only if the lead notices. One could also say it is the leads job to supervise their performance and activities, yes?

It is, but if people arent doing their job, then you should say something. If you think I am being a [deleted], then I am sorry. If you choose to do nothing then you are part of the problem. If you want Disneyland to turn in to Knotts, or Magic Mountain then go for it. I would rather say something then not if I feel it is deserved.

janell
03-21-2010, 08:30 PM
It is, but if people arent doing their job, then you should say something. If you think I am being a [deleted], then I am sorry. If you choose to do nothing then you are part of the problem. If you want Disneyland to turn in to Knotts, or Magic Mountain then go for it. I would rather say something then not if I feel it is deserved.

I agree with you. I don't want Disneyland to turn into Knotts or Magic Mt. I wont even go to those parks. The customer service isn't as good and the theming or lack there of.

Which is why I find the level of CM's we have now is sad. The level of help isn't always there anymore. As a guest you are given attitude. Thats not fair.

Seashellmama
03-21-2010, 10:02 PM
If the situation was exactly as the OP described, then yes- it seems like a problem. Something about the presentation and wording of the events sets me to suspecting that there's another side to this one, though. I don't think it was just that it was difficult to read, with poor (mostly missing) punctuation and random inappropriate quotation marks, but those things don't help me align with the wronged guest here.

said "Are you ready now" unbelievable I'm "I" ready I've been waitingI find your grammar and syntax very difficult to read. One example is that sentence above. I can't follow it.

That was, I believe, supposed to read, "[...]said 'Are you ready now?' Unbelievable! Am I ready?? I've been waiting [...]".

Tan Da Man
03-22-2010, 12:27 AM
I cant even defend the CM here..I cant tell you how man bad experiences me or my other CM friends have had with the people working the turnstiles..its really unbelievable

AJDerrick
03-22-2010, 07:37 AM
I agree that the CM should've been more on top of things, but I also think that going into DL (during spring break times especially) you should have a good enough attitude to not sweat the small stuff. If one CM can mess up your day then I can't imagine what all the people squashed into the parks will do to you.

Bottom line? Yup, CM was wrong. But you're still at the Happiest Place on Earth! Try to shrug stuff like that off--chances are it won't be the last time something annoying happens in a park!

disneylandgirl
03-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Bottom line? Yup, CM was wrong. But you're still at the Happiest Place on Earth! Try to shrug stuff like that off--chances are it won't be the last time something annoying happens in a park!

Exactly what I was thinking. Get over yourselves cranky people!! Just have fun, you're at DISNEYLAND!!

DwarfPlanet
03-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Exactly what I was thinking. Get over yourselves cranky people!! Just have fun, you're at DISNEYLAND!!

No, do not get over yourselves, you are paying for a service. If the service does not live up to expectations then you need to report it to the proper personnel not just complain about it in a forum. If you did not visit guest services with her name then you are just as much at fault for letting this behavior possibly continue.

The old man
03-22-2010, 09:38 AM
That was, I believe, supposed to read, "[...]said 'Are you ready now?' Unbelievable! Am I ready?? I've been waiting [...]".

Very good. What about this one?

"I question now what was I thinking that I didn't get a lead?"

houseofmouse
03-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Very good. What about this one?

"I question now what was I thinking that I didn't get a lead?"

Why do you care? Is this the grammar thread?
Sometimes people think faster than they can type and it does not always come out right.