PDA

View Full Version : Which park has better exclusives?

Pony Sugrue
03-03-2003, 05:38 PM
WDW's Magic Kingdom exclusively has:

"The Hall of Presidents"
"The Country Bear Jamboree"
"Tomorrowland Transit Authority" (WEDWAY Peoplemover)
"Buzz Lightyear"
"Swiss Family Treehouse"
The new "TIKI ROOM"
"Alladin's Magic Carpets"
"Alien Encounter"
"Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress"
and a few other more minor differences.
(Right now, "Winnie The Pooh" *is* exclusive to WDW, but not for very long)

DL's Magic Kingdom exclusively has:

"The Matterhorn"
"Mr. Toad"
"Pinnochio"
"Alice in Wonderland"
"Casey Jr."
"Storybook Boats"
"Indiana Jones: Temple of the fobidden Eye"
"Tarzan's Treehouse"
original "Enchanted TIKI ROOM" show
"Roger Rabbit's Car-Toon spin"
"Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln"
and a few other more minor differences.

So who has the better exclusives folks?

tiggerandtink
03-03-2003, 10:04 PM
I think that WDW's Alien Encounter is awesome. One other exclusive they have there is a functioning barbershop on Main Street. I got my hair cut there the day I proposed to my wife. I really liked having all the presidents also. DL has the corndog vendor, I like 'em. "There really aren't enough meats on a stick"-Ben Stiller in Something about Mary.
Between the two parks I would have to go with DL, because that's where it all began, for Walt and for me. As far as the resort as a whole though, I would have to go with WDW.

Lashbear
03-03-2003, 10:41 PM
Matterhorn + Indiana Jones + Corn Dogs = Disneyland wins !!
(for me, at least)

(although WDW's Snow White ride has a storyline that makes sense and that is follow-able...)

Rob :D

jrad32
03-04-2003, 10:41 AM
I thought Alien Encounter was a dude of an attraction. There really isn't much reride value there.

I think DL's exclusive attractions are better, with Indiana Jones & Matterhorn leading the way. Also the added dark rides in Fantasyland are nice. The storybookland minartures are really nice as well.

I do wish that DL had the Hall of Presidents. The Magic Kingdom definatley gets points for that, Buzz and a working peoplemover.

Don't forget about the differences in Pirates. DL is a big winner there.

sydney
03-04-2003, 11:03 AM
don't forget that mansion here in CA has an actual elevator!

Pony Sugrue
03-04-2003, 01:04 PM
Yeah but in addition to having everything DL's mansion has, the mansion in WDW has a full-blown library (which even has a whole other audio track by Paul Frees for it)... and an eerie piano room.

TheMur
03-04-2003, 01:36 PM
Matterhorn, Indy and MR. TOAD are substantial enough. But here is the big oversight - DL has Fantasmic. I know that MGM has a version (inferior IMHO) but on the Rivers of America, this is one of the great attractions at DL!

After that there are a number of smaller pluses and minuses:

DL Pirates + (afterthought at WDW)

DL Mansion + (real elavator plus HMH overlay at Christmas)

DL Not having Hall of Presidents -

DL Not having Buzz Lightyear -

DL Not having anything except Space Mt in Tomorrow Land -

DL Not having Turkey legs - (ok I don't know why I like those things so much - must be a Henry VIII thing!)

dsnylndmom
03-04-2003, 01:43 PM
I've gotta go with DL too!

I like the Haunted Mansion and the Pirates MUCH better than at WDW.

I love all the little "dark rides" in Fantasyland(Gotta have my Mr. toad's! LOL)

I do wish that DL's Tomorrowland had more rides(like the old TL) but I can live with it!

I do wish we had a Buzz too!

Tina:D :p

dsnylndmom
03-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Oh and I can't believe I forgot about Indy and Matterhorn(duh) and eating at Blue Bayou!:eek:

Dean Higgins
03-04-2003, 01:47 PM
Don't even get started on DL vs WDW in the Tomorrowland dept. Not only does WDW have a larger better multi-tracked and still white-colored Space Mtn... they also have Carousel of Progress and the People Mover... and BUZZ LIGHTYEAR is a fantastic idea.

DL's Tomorrowland bites... big time... nuff said.

mad4mky
03-04-2003, 02:38 PM
Not that I am rooting for WDW...

But, their Splash Mountain is longer, more detailed than DL's = better ride.:D

Both places are wonderful. I'd go to either one tomorrow if I could.:D (but, alas, I can't).

rexfarms
03-04-2003, 03:19 PM
I dont like the new Tiki room. I really hope that they keep our Tiki Room the same!

jrad32
03-04-2003, 03:30 PM
TheMur,

There are indeed Turkey legs at Disneyland. I was there last October and they had a stand near where the motorboats used to be.

pokeypoke
03-05-2003, 11:36 AM
While MK is built on a larger scale, Cinderella's Castle is grander and MS is a bit more elaborate, the park lacks the charm, intimacey and atmosphere of DL (IMO). Although Indy and Matterhorn exclusives are major factors, there are "minor" exclusives that leave me to choose Disneyland over Magic Kingdom....

*the fasade of IASW
*Blue Bayou Restaurant
*Snow Whites Grotto
*NOS compared to LS
*The Disney Gallery
*Fantasyland fasades
*Toontown compared to Toontown Fair
*Theming of Autopia compared to INDY Speedway
* Park hours
*Monorail through TL (when not falling apart)

Disneyland OH YEAH!!!

Pokey:)

TheMur
03-05-2003, 01:13 PM
Wow! How could I have forgotten the Disney Gallery. Even though my kids find every excuse not to go, it is not a trip to Disneyland without spending time in the Disney Gallery! As an adult, this is one of my most favorite parts of the park.

What about Club 33. No one has mentioned it. It probably doesn't count since it is not available to everyone.

innerSpaceman
03-05-2003, 02:22 PM
It's all been summed up pretty nicely.

But here's a different twist. Disneyland's exclusive that none of the copy Magic Kingdoms have - - -

The Majestic Matterhorn

The one, the only.

For that reason alone, Disneyland Rulz!