PDA

View Full Version : Walk in Walt's Footsteps

jslivinski
03-03-2003, 12:18 PM
YES or NO

Hubby and I are coming down this weekend by ourselves. I've wanted to do this tour, but don't know if I really want to spend $100.00 for the two of us to do it.

So what's your opinion? If you've done it, was it worth it?

hbquikcomjamesl
03-03-2003, 12:22 PM
I take the tour every year, on July 4th, but since it was last revised only a few months ago, I haven't been on the current version.

disneyscott
03-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Yes you should do it, it is worth the money. Remember to choose the right tour because they also do a welcome to Disneyland tour and its not the same and I would never go on that one again.

mad4mky
03-03-2003, 01:29 PM
Julie...
My hubby dear and I took it one time when we went down without the kiddies.

We really enjoyed it...and learned quite a bit.

We even took it on a terribly rainy day...and still enjoyed it.:D

A lot has to do with who your guide will be. We happened to get a great guide...who's enthusiasm and love for Disneyland came through with every word he spoke.:)

Take the tour.:D

Niwel
03-03-2003, 01:40 PM
YES, YES, YES ...

I took this tour by myself in December when it was just held for APs (there ended up being 16 of us) ... and it was wonderful. I learned some things I didn't know, and remembered some facts I had forgotten.

The addition of the Tiki Room, the Train and lunch really makes it a wonderful experience.

I won't give away too much, but you won't regret it ... PLUS you get the special walk-in-walt's pin :)

jslivinski
03-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the responses. I think we've decided to skip the tour. Although I would love to do it, hubby isn't quite the Disney geek I am. Maybe one of these days I'll treat my son.

mad4mky
03-04-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by jslivinski
Maybe one of these days I'll treat my son.

While it's very nice of you to think of your son. I don't think he would nearly appreciate it. Especially with the cost of it and all.

If you really want to take him...wait until he is...about 12 or so, when he can perhaps fully understand and appreciate the tour. There is a lot of walking and talking...and standing. Most youngsters get bored and start whinning...
Which isn't fair to him or the other guests on the tour.:)

julia
03-05-2003, 12:16 PM
The Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour was just revamped and I hear it is more detailed, longer and includes a great lunch at the end of the tour. I can't wait to do the tour when I get back to Disneyland in June....

:) Julia

jslivinski
03-05-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by mad4mky
While it's very nice of you to think of your son. I don't think he would nearly appreciate it. Especially with the cost of it and all.
He's a big geek like me.

mad4mky
03-06-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by jslivinski
He's a big geek like me.

Geek or not. The tour is not geared for little kids. Before you spend your money...and your little one starts whinning 15 minutes into the tour...
Wait and take him when he's quite a bit older. Seriously.

You'll not only be wasting your money...but taking the tour away from other guests.

my .02.

hbquikcomjamesl
03-06-2003, 07:32 AM
I've seen kids, mainly older ones, enjoy the Walt's Footsteps tour. But I've also seen other kids, particularly younger ones, so utterly bored that they were indeed interfering with other people's enjoyment of the tour.

If you have a kid who can spend hours quietly poring over Walt's biography, or the Imagineering book, or the like, then maybe he or she might enjoy the Walt's Footsteps tour. But otherwise, . . .