PDA

View Full Version : Walking Animatronic

vnell61
03-03-2003, 10:01 AM
I heard tht Disney was coming up with a animatronic that walks around the park mingling with guest. Has anyone heard when this is to begin.:) :) :)

YellowMan
03-03-2003, 12:07 PM
I think it's supposed to occur sometime this Spring, but I don't think an official date (it may not even have been officially announced yet either) has been announced.

DisneyFan25863
03-03-2003, 04:48 PM
Well, the only thing I heard about it was on the Travel Channel. It was a Disney Special. They had a video of it in action at Disney HQ. Cool ;)

Lost Boy
03-03-2003, 08:02 PM
I have heard that it will be at DCA because of the wider walkways and that it will some type of free walking dinosaur. Could tie in with the California Theme as we did have them walking around here several million years ago. Could be a lot of fun. I am looking forward to this. :)

newhdplayer
03-03-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
I have heard that it will be at DCA because of the wider walkways and that it will some type of free walking dinosaur. Could tie in with the California Theme as we did have them walking around here several million years ago. Could be a lot of fun. I am looking forward to this. :)

We have to make sure that no-one will get trampled by a run-away animatronic creature. Does OSHA know about this?

On second thought, that should not be a problem, since no one goes to DCA anyway.

Lost Boy
03-03-2003, 08:23 PM
Sorry, I go to DCA every time I go to the Resort. If you all would just give it a chance. It is a nice place to visit and enjoy things. It's not Disneyland, was never meant to be. I have a lot of fun at DCA and I am a hard core Disneyland Fanatic.

The Dinosaur will move very slow. And I am sure there will be plenty of "Keepers" around to make sure the area is clear. Maybe they will only use it in some kind of Parade, I don't know. But I am willing to give it a chance.

Techie7
03-03-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by newhdplayer
We have to make sure that no-one will get trampled by a run-away animatronic creature. Does OSHA know about this?

On second thought, that should not be a problem, since no one goes to DCA anyway.

Actually attendance has increased at DCA quite a bit. Also I don't think a run-away animatronic would be a concern to OSHA as much as it would be to DOSH.

YellowMan
03-03-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by newhdplayer
On second thought, that should not be a problem, since no one goes to DCA anyway. [begin sarcasm]HAHA!! You made a very unoriginal joke! I mean I haven't heard that like 50 times already. Man, I sure do wish I could be as witty as you[end sarcasm]. Seriously though, if you don't like the park don't visit it. It'll mean there'll be less crowds for those of us that want to have fun.

Now back on topic, I'm guessing they're putting it in DCA because of the wider paths as well. I don't know why they went ahead with a dinosaur when they could have made Dim from A Bug's Life. He's about the size of a dinosaur (well, in A Bug's Land he would be).

-YellowMan

cujosr
03-03-2003, 09:54 PM
This reminds me of that simpsons episode in itchy and scratchy land!!!

gn2dlnd
03-04-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by vnell61
I heard tht Disney was coming up with a animatronic that walks around the park mingling with guest.

Didn't he go work for the Gap? :D

Has anyone heard when this is to begin.:) :) :)

According to a previous thread, the last two weeks of March. Here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12495) and here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12616&highlight=animatronic+dinosaur) are links to previous threads on the walking dinosaur.

P.S. to Lost Boy and YellowMan: DCA is always going to be the Rodney Dangerfield of Disney theme parks. Did you guys write protest letters to the writers of The Simpsons and West Wing for their recent jabs at the park? Other people in the world are also hip to the fact that DCA doesn't live up to established Disney standards.

Karlos the Jackal
03-04-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by gn2dlnd
Didn't he go work for the Gap? :D
BURN!

And as far as I'm concerned, I can't see any way at all that a walkin-around-dinosaur robot won't be totally cool and excellent. I'm looking forward to it.

--K

Gandalf
03-17-2003, 10:14 AM
I heard tht Disney was coming up with a animatronic that walks around the park mingling with guest.
A few other posts suggested that this could happen sometime later in March - has anyone heard any more on it surfacing? Or was it postponed because of the elements. I missed out on seeing the Meeko (sp?) animatronic over in the challenge area and I don't think it returned to DCA. I actually like the unusual "beings" that wander around the Park. Although the eerie walking vine makes my daughter nervous (apparently the vine's emotionless face bothers her).

timl33
03-17-2003, 10:42 AM
I loved that episode!

"Remember kids, we're in the 'Itchy' lot."

Originally posted by cujosr
This reminds me of that simpsons episode in itchy and scratchy land!!!

hbquikcomjamesl
03-17-2003, 01:14 PM
Could tie in with the California Theme as we did have them walking around here several million years ago.Hmm. I suppose we probably did, although I'm reasonably certain none ended up in the La Brea Tar Pits. (Plenty of mammoths, mastodons, saber-toothed cats, and [most especially] dire wolves, though. They got more dire wolf fossils than they know what to do with.)

Doodle Duck
03-17-2003, 01:23 PM
Dinosaurs were all over California...even here in the Encinitas/Carlsbad area!

In fact is is believed that it was from El Segundo that they built/launched their first ship to leave the planet. California has always been ahead of the tech game.

rexfarms
03-17-2003, 02:35 PM
I never remember Pressler walking around the park.:p