PDA

View Full Version : New "2 more Days & Night Free" promotion; Summer Nightastic returns 6/11

Pages : [1] 2

MousePlanet AutoPoster
03-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Disneyland Resort Offers Spring/Summer Value With 'Two More Days & Nights Free ... (http://news.google.com/news/url?fd=R&sa=T&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.prnewswire.com%2Fnews-releases%2Fdisneyland-resort-offers-springsummer-value-with-two-more-days--nights-free-when-you-buy-a-3-daynight-vacation-package-87908557.html&usg=AFQjCNGdgj1yUgTcBWrr8XANRp6qJ15VWw)
PR Newswire (press release)
entertainment lineup to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure theme parks will be highlighted by the all-new "World of Color" nighttime spectacular. ...
New Disneyland head gives inside look at job (http://news.google.com/news/url?fd=R&sa=T&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ocregister.com%2Fnews%2Fatten tion-239269-details-disneyland.html&usg=AFQjCNE8kn9LVJ5xX6TkXeKoxhYX8NR1YA)OCRegister

all 6 news articles (http://news.google.com/news/more?pz=1&ned=us&ncl=dhpCkpnjhNk5sGM_g5YFptlrKyRUM)

More... (http://news.google.com/news/url?fd=R&sa=T&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.prnewswire.com%2Fnews-releases%2Fdisneyland-resort-offers-springsummer-value-with-two-more-days--nights-free-when-you-buy-a-3-daynight-vacation-package-87908557.html&usg=AFQjCNGdgj1yUgTcBWrr8XANRp6qJ15VWw)

AVP
03-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Copying the full text of the press release:

Disneyland Resort Offers Spring/Summer Value With 'Two More Days & Nights Free' When You Buy a 3-Day/Night Vacation Package

Vacationers can also save with 'room only' offer at an on-site Disneyland Resort Hotel

ANAHEIM, Calif., March 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Disneyland Resort in Southern California has the perfect solution for shaking off the winter blues: irresistible vacation savings and a lineup of exciting family entertainment at the place "Where Dreams Come True."

This May through September, vacationers can receive two extra nights of hotel accommodations and two more days of theme park adventures for free when they purchase a three-night, three-day Disneyland Resort vacation package. This special vacation package provides guests five days and nights of Disneyland Resort experiences, for the price of three.

For those who already have theme park admission tickets, the Disneyland Resort is rolling out a second offer that features great savings at any of its three on-site resort hotels. Guests can take 40 percent off their room rate at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa; save 35 percent at the Disneyland Hotel; or get 30 percent off at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. These hotel room offers require a two-night minimum stay. Resort hotel benefits include Disney character wake up calls, easy access to character dining locations, and a Key to the Magic card – which allows guests to charge meals and merchandise to their hotel account. In addition, clients staying at any one of the Disneyland Resort hotels are within an easy walk to both theme parks and the Downtown Disney District, an exciting shopping, dining and entertainment zone.

Booking for either vacation offer begins March 16 and runs through Sept. 1, 2010. Travel must occur between May 1 and Sept. 26, 2010. The "Two More Days & Nights Free Vacation Package" when you buy three days/nights is valid at all three Disneyland Resort Hotels and at participating Anaheim-area Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotels, allowing a wide range of hotel accommodations and prices to fit every budget. Vacations may be booked through travel agents, at www.disneyland.com, or by calling the Walt Disney Travel Company at 800/854-3104.

Along with all the fun and entertainment of the Disneyland Resort attractions, a spring or summer visit offers some special highlights. Spring marks the return of Disney's California Food & Wine Festival to Disney's California Adventure park and other Resort locations. The return of the "Summer Nightastic!" entertainment lineup to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure theme parks will be highlighted by the all-new "World of Color" nighttime spectacular.

Disney's California Food & Wine Festival

Disney's California Food & Wine Festival will create culinary experiences for guests of every palate – April 16 through May 31 – at Disney's California Adventure park and select locations across the Disneyland Resort. Chefs, winemakers and brewmasters will celebrate The Art of Flavor at this year's tantalizing festival, which features entertaining culinary demonstrations, outstanding wine and spirits seminars, and delicious food, wine and beer. Some events, including culinary demonstrations, are included with admission to Disney's California Adventure park. Signature events are separately ticketed and require reservations. For details, visit www.disneyland.com/foodandwine.

* Guests must be at least 21 years of age to attend; valid ID required. Space is limited. Admission to Disney's California Adventure Park is required for events held within the Park and is not included in the event price. Information is subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice.

"Summer Nightastic!" Returns

Beginning June 11, "Summer Nightastic!" returns to the Disneyland Resort, featuring exciting evening events that will electrify the night. "Summer Nightastic!" runs through Aug. 29 at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure theme parks.

Headlining the entertainment is the new nighttime water spectacular – "World of Color" – at Disney's California Adventure park. Surpassing all previous water productions, "World of Color" brings Disney animation to life with powerful fountains that are the stars of the show, forming the world's largest projected water screen. In the making since 2005, "World of Color" combines hundreds of magnificent fountains, LED-produced dazzling colors, and an all-new kaleidoscope of audio and visual effects to take water-infused entertainment to a new level of artistry.

Located in Paradise Bay, Disney's newest production features an unprecedented infrastructure of water effects, larger-than-life projections, lasers, fire, fog, surround sound and stunning images. This technical wizardry, combined with classic, animated Disney and Disney-Pixar film sequences, creates an emotional experience for guests as jaw-dropping effects sweep across the lagoon and soar into the sky.

Meanwhile, at Disneyland park, "Fantasmic!" ignites the night with thrills, life-like creatures including a fire-breathing dragon, and spine-tingling adventures for Sorcerer Mickey. Also, in the skies above Sleeping Beauty Castle, "Magical" sparks to life with a dazzling fireworks spectacular in which colorful choreographed pyrotechnics burst and soar to a soundtrack of celebratory Disney songs. "Magical," which premiered in summer 2009, features both Tinker Bell and Dumbo in flight over the castle.

Walt Disney Travel Company Vacation Package Benefits

Booking a package through the Walt Disney Travel Company comes with magical extras, including preferred seating** to some of the most popular shows and attractions in Disney's California Adventure park, a Disneyland Resort Park Hopper ticket that makes it easy to experience the best of both theme parks, and one Magic Morning admission*** into Disneyland one hour before it opens to the general public. In addition, each person included in the package receives a collectible Disney pin, lanyard and luggage tag.

To book a Disneyland Resort vacation package, visit www.disneyland.com, call 800/854-3104 or visit your local travel agent. For general Disneyland Resort information, park hours and entertainment

schedules, call 714/781-4565 or visit www.disneyland.com. The summer vacation offer cannot be combined with any other discounts.

Resort Hotel Disclaimer

Offer is valid for bookings from 3/16/10 through 9/1/10 and for arrivals from 5/1/10 through 9/26/10 with travel being completed by 10/1/10. Upon the purchase of a 3-night package, with 3-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® souvenir tickets at a participating Hotel for a family of four (3 adults and 1 child (age 3-9)), two (2) consecutive free nights will be added to the hotel stay and two (2) days added to the tickets. Offer applied once per package/reservation and not valid for previously booked rooms. Check for offers associated with other lengths of stay. The Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® souvenir tickets expire 13 days after first use or 10/13/10, whichever occurs first, and each day of use of a ticket constitutes one full day of use. Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial purposes. Offer subject to availability; advance reservations required. Not valid with any other discount or promotion. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.

Good Neighbor Hotel Disclaimer

Offer is valid for bookings 3/16/10 through 9/1/10 and for arrivals from 5/1/10 through 9/26/10 with travel being completed by 10/1/10. Blockout Dates vary and other restrictions apply. Upon the purchase of a 3-night package, with 3-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® souvenir tickets at a participating hotel for a family of four (3 adults and 1 child (age 3-9)), two (2) consecutive free nights will be added to the hotel stay and two (2) days added to the tickets. Offer applied once per package/reservation and not valid for previously booked rooms. Check for offers associated with other lengths of stay. The Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® souvenir tickets expire 13 days after first use or 10/13/10, whichever occurs first, and each day of use of a ticket constitutes one full day of use. Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial purposes. Offer subject to availability; advance reservations required. Not valid with any other discount or promotion. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.

**Preferred seating and show capacity is limited and subject to availability. Valid only during dates of vacation package. Show times vary.

***Early entry allows admission into selected attractions at Disneyland® Park before the Park opens to the public on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday. Each Guest must have a valid Admission Ticket to the Park. To maximize your early entry experience, it is strongly recommended that you arrive at least one hour and fifteen minutes prior to regular Park opening. Applicable days and times of operation, and all other elements including, without limitation, operation of attractions, entertainment, and services may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to capacity and other restrictions.

codewoman
03-16-2010, 07:40 PM
They also have 5 for the price of 3 day parkhoppers on the Disneyland website! And 6 for the price of 4. Woo hoo! Purchased them online this evening. :D

janell
03-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Can you turn the 5 day pass into an AP? I know you need to do it by the 5th day.

codewoman
03-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Can you turn the 5 day pass into an AP? I know you need to do it by the 5th day.

Yes. In fact, I think you can do it on the fifth day. But why would you want to wait that long? If you do it after using your early entry (so you don't lose that), you can start getting the discount on meals.

You'll still need to pay the difference between the cost of the 5 day pass and the cost of an annual pass.

janell
03-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Yes. In fact, I think you can do it on the fifth day. But why would you want to wait that long? If you do it after using your early entry (so you don't lose that), you can start getting the discount on meals.

You'll still need to pay the difference between the cost of the 5 day pass and the cost of an annual pass.

Thank you for the idea. Very good idea to do it after early entry.

How does early entry with the package work? This would be the first time buying a package, I normally have an AP(which expires in June so I'll wait till Sept to get a new one). For early entry, do you just show your room key to get in early? Thats what I have done before. I always get confused if everyone has to show their room ticket or just one of us for 4 people. So I have everyone get their room key out. lol

codewoman
03-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Thank you for the idea. Very good idea to do it after early entry.

How does early entry with the package work? This would be the first time buying a package, I normally have an AP(which expires in June so I'll wait till Sept to get a new one). For early entry, do you just show your room key to get in early? Thats what I have done before. I always get confused if everyone has to show their room ticket or just one of us for 4 people. So I have everyone get their room key out. lol

If you're staying on property you get early entry any time it's offered. So far! When I was there the last time, I think we could just use the room key. I don't remember. You used to have to show that little cardboard folder they gave you and up to six people could get in with it. But now I think it's just the room key. And it doesn't matter if you have an AP or not!

But if you're staying off-property (like a good neighbor hotel), you'll only get the one early entry with your parkhopper. So you'll want to use that before you get your AP.

janell
03-17-2010, 11:41 AM
If you're staying on property you get early entry any time it's offered. So far! When I was there the last time, I think we could just use the room key. I don't remember. You used to have to show that little cardboard folder they gave you and up to six people could get in with it. But now I think it's just the room key. And it doesn't matter if you have an AP or not!

But if you're staying off-property (like a good neighbor hotel), you'll only get the one early entry with your parkhopper. So you'll want to use that before you get your AP.

Oh okay I get it. Thank you for your help. I know its an easy concept. But it seems like every time we do early entry, there is some new protocol. lol Its hard to keep up. :) Thank you.

disneyland addict13
03-17-2010, 11:51 AM
When we were there in December, we stayed at the Grand Californian and had 5-Day park hoppers. I'm looking at the ticket right now, and it says "Resort Hotel Guest. Includes Magic Morning" on the bottom right above the Signature line. In previous years, we had to show our room key, but in December, the information was right on our ticket, so we didn't have to show anything. We used our Magic Morning entry three times while we were there.

SoCalDisneyLover
03-17-2010, 03:52 PM

If you upgrade to an AP that's blocked out on one of your later days, you won't be able to get into the park.

disney4iv
03-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Ok, so now World of Color and the Magical fireworks won't be starting until June 11th???? AAAAAAAhhhhh our vacation is scheduled June 5-10th! What a bummer! So, does anyone know if they will be showing the Remember fireworks until then? And does this mean that Fantasmic won't show until the 11th either?? :crying:

TowerofTerror
03-18-2010, 09:24 AM
they only show fireworks show friday thru sunday during the time your there. fantasmic is due back the week before your trip

AJDerrick
03-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Can I ask where you found the date for WoC? I haven't seen anything very set in stone yet...

AJDerrick
03-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Never mind. Google is a wonderful thing. If anyone else is interested, here is the link:

http://www.examiner.com/x-41634-Anaheim-Disneyland-Travel-Examiner~y2010m3d17-Summer-Nightastic-returns-June-11th-with-World-of-Color

olegc
03-18-2010, 10:43 AM
the actual press release is here
http://www.disneylandnews.com/press+releases/disneyland+park/disneyland+offers+value+package.htm

scroll to the 4th paragraph...

AVP
03-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Can I ask where you found the date for WoC? I haven't seen anything very set in stone yet...Disney has said only that World of Color will "headline" Summer Nightastic, not specified when it will open. We've heard June 1st, which would definitely give them some time to "soft open" the show before Summer Nightastic officially returns, avoiding a repeat of the Fantasmic! Dragon situation from 2009.

AVP

AVP
03-18-2010, 10:46 AM
the actual press release is here
And also in the second post (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=1517010&postcount=2) of this thread. ;)

olegc
03-18-2010, 10:47 AM
And also in the second post (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=1517010&postcount=2) of this thread. ;)

oops, sorry.

AJDerrick
03-18-2010, 01:31 PM
oops, sorry.

Thanks olegc. You were exactly right; they merged the thread I had seen with the press release from yesterday. Since I was sick all day long I had missed the boat!

goalieump413
03-19-2010, 07:35 AM
The travel completed by date shows 10/1. Does anyone know what Disney's plans are for the Halloween time near the end of September?

-edited-

I chatted with a CM and got this resonse...

you: I'm thinking of a family vacation using your 5 for 3 hotel/ticket promotion for this summer. I would like to visit later in September. When does Disneyland's Halloween time begin?

Zina: the Mickey's Trick or Treat will be the month of October, the tickets for that go on sale about late summer

Zina: when they do go on sale I can expect the Disney hotels to sell out almost overnight, I highly recommend to lock in your hotel now then wait for the tickets

you: Ok, but does the Halloween overlay happen in late September like it did in 2009?

Zina: It may or may not, we will need to see what the schedule will be like

Zina: but October 1st is that Friday and I expect it to begin that weekend, they may include Thursday September 30th, but we will need to wait

you: Then it appears that the summer 5 for 3 promotion misses the Halloween Time. Thank you for clearing that up.

Zina: Correct

Zina: Promotional offers are always different and not guaranteed. I would recommend booking your vacation as soon as you can to make sure you get your first choice for the dates and resort. If promotions are released later on, you may be able to modify your reservation to include any special offer, depending on resort availability.

HauntedKid
03-26-2010, 10:00 AM
So...besides WoC there`s not gonna be anything new to the summer promotion...? :(

olegc
03-26-2010, 02:38 PM
So...besides WoC there`s not gonna be anything new to the summer promotion...? :(

that might be enough IMHO. it may take a good number of hours out of your day to see that.

mechurchlady
03-27-2010, 03:27 PM
I just got off the phone with DTC. The online rate is what you see on AP availability and must be booked online. The quote I got was $500 for two nights. Calling on the phone got me $194 a night but the manager dropped it after his CM got a quote of $480 for two nights via online. The current AP availability page as PST instead of PDT on the time.

We are booked for June 13 and 14 with fingers crossed that we get to see World of Color.

This is what I just got by booking online even though it is cheap by phone.
2 Night Room Total* (USD): $504.00
Tax (USD): $75.60
Grand Total** (USD): $579.60
Deposit (due today) (USD): $289.80

fairestoneofall
03-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Could we use the park hoppers to renew our APs? Our expiration in 9/12 but we usually stay Labor Day weekend at DLR.

AVP
03-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Could we use the park hoppers to renew our APs? Our expiration in 9/12 but we usually stay Labor Day weekend at DLR.No, but if your APs expire, you can upgrade the tickets to an AP.

AVP