PDA

View Full Version : Rivers of America, A Scramble to get it finished!

Disneyfreak
03-02-2003, 08:23 PM
I was at Disneyland and DCA on March 1st and the River is a mess. There is equipment everywhere. It is not organized at all! It is an engineers nightmare.
Do you think they can finish the river this month? Oh also if anyone has pictures of this mess I would be greatful. :)
Also on the train the guy on the mic said the river would be done in the beginning of March when I was there.:D

Baloo
03-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Just because they have all sorts of equipment all ver and the place might look like a mess to you does not meen that it is not organized or on time. There not not just one group of people working with all the alterations but several groups all doing their work.

AVP
03-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Photos in tomorrow's update - lots of mess for you.

I heard the silliest thing from a guest today. "Look - they drained the river and found all those cars at the bottom - I bet Hoffa's down there!"

AVP

Darkbeer
03-03-2003, 07:17 PM
I have already heard rumors of the rehab coming back late..... at least a week or two.

Which doesn't surprise me. Originally, the RoA was going to close in late January, and they moved it up, in part, IMHO, to allow for delays. Remember that most of the rehab is being done outdoors, and the weather is a factor, and we have had some strong rains lately.

I think that they have April 11th as an important "If they can" date, due to the planned Media coverage for Winnie the Pooh. So, I think Disney will strongly attempt to get the Rivers at least filled by April 11th. But, if there is some thing important that needs additional rehab, Disney will keep the River closed, and make sure the item is fixed, since I doubt we will see the Rivers drained again for many years.

RStar
03-04-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by AVP
Photos in tomorrow's update - lots of mess for you.

I heard the silliest thing from a guest today. "Look - they drained the river and found all those cars at the bottom - I bet Hoffa's down there!"

AVP

That's too funny Adrienne!:D LOL

Thanks for sharing it.

Darkbeer
03-07-2003, 10:27 PM
Disney just released new rehab dates...

The Rivers are now scheduled to come back...

April 10th :p

http://www.mouseinfo.com/mousetalk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6763

mousey_girl
03-08-2003, 02:30 PM
We took the RR from NO station to TL. While passing by the RoA the speil started in on how this was the way things looked like 100+ years ago. I couldn't help it, I started cracking up. Even my normally quiet hubby remarked how nice it must have been for the setterlers to have heavy machinery.

YellowMan
03-08-2003, 02:38 PM
Well I just posted some pics on my website of the rehab, and it looks a little more cleaned up (at least more than last week). Here's the page with the pics.

http://www.themeparksource.com/updates/2003/03.07.2003/page08.shtml