PDA

View Full Version : Gallery/Pirates offers SPOILERS!

Doodle Duck
03-02-2003, 08:15 PM
The new gallery show at DL is super. Great art and extras...but...in the room that has the stuf about the new movie POTC...there are major plot hints and visual spoilers galore!

Barberosa the evil Pirate Capt. and his crew are DEAD-ites! Under the light of the Moon the turn into....well your just gonna have to see the amazing art! The Dead and horrible Monkey is amazing and the evil Capt. well...lets just say it's a PG visage.
Great show don't miss it but I'm real surprised at the spoilers.... hmmmmm.

cstephens
03-02-2003, 10:55 PM
I looked around the exhibit for a little while. I've gotta go back when I can actually read everything. I did look in the room with the info about the movie, and I liked seeing some of the ideas. I didn't think the information was really spoilers per say as they don't really tell you that much about the movie. I was, however, rather annoyed that two of the placards had blatant grammatical errors. Now, I know I'm a stickler for that sort of thing, but you'd think that for an exhibit of this magnitude, and considering they had to make these nice placards, they'd actually bother to have someone check this stuff before it goes to production?

Here's a picture of the first placard: http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/pirates1.jpg and here's a picture of the second placard: http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/pirates2.jpg.

cujosr
03-03-2003, 10:10 AM
After visiting the exhibit on Sat. I want to see this film NOW!!! On the other hand the placards and concept art on display didn't tell me anything more than I already knew other than there is a dead monkey in the movie. COOOLL!

KarenW2
03-03-2003, 11:34 AM
Hi Cindy,
You're a woman after my own heart!! Both my husband and I notice things like this and continually wonder how places that pay big money for these things DON'T apparently have someone to proof-read the signs or whatever, before these things go up!!

Imagine the confusion for guests from foreign countries who are trying to read and understand English, only to encounter something like this!!

We look forward to seeing the new exhibit on our next visit!