PDA

View Full Version : "Seasonal Pricing" now in effect at DLR Character Meals

AVP
03-12-2010, 05:27 PM
The Disneyland Resort has implemented "seasonal pricing" at the following character meals through April 18, 2010. The upcharge is $2 - $6 per person, and varies by location:

Ariel’s Grotto – Ariel’s Disney Princess Celebration
Plaza Inn - Breakfast in the Park with Minnie and Friends
Goofy’s Kitchen
Disney’s PCH Grill – “Surf’s Up! Breakfast with Mickey & Friends”
Storyteller’s Café (character breakfast)

AVP

mkraemer
03-12-2010, 10:18 PM
The Disneyland Resort has implemented "seasonal pricing" at the following character meals through April 18, 2010. The upcharge is $2 - $6 per person, and varies by location:

Ariel’s Grotto – Ariel’s Disney Princess Celebration
Plaza Inn - Breakfast in the Park with Minnie and Friends
Goofy’s Kitchen
Disney’s PCH Grill – “Surf’s Up! Breakfast with Mickey & Friends”
Storyteller’s Café (character breakfast)

AVP

And this is precisely why dining vouchers are a good idea because the price is protected.

Malcon10t
03-13-2010, 06:13 AM
And this is precisely why dining vouchers are a good idea because the price is protected.But... the vouchers cost more than the meal with an AP discount during the non-peak season, and about the same price during peak. I usually compare the price, then decide. When I am buying 10, it is sometimes a better buy to do a voucher, othertimes, better to pay using my AP.

wwomant
03-13-2010, 08:58 AM
But... the vouchers cost more than the meal with an AP discount during the non-peak season,

or a AAA discount

mkraemer
03-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Ah, but not *everyone* who goes to Disneyland are regulars (so no APs), and perhaps not AAA members...

janell
03-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I'll avoided these place till the Seasonal Pricing is gone.

Malcon10t
03-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Ah, but not *everyone* who goes to Disneyland are regulars (so no APs), and perhaps not AAA members...You are correct. Which is why people need to calculate the cost with a voucher vs price minus any discount. Also Disney Visa offers discounts also.

3Princesses1Prince
03-14-2010, 11:05 PM
But... the vouchers cost more than the meal with an AP discount during the non-peak season, and about the same price during peak. I usually compare the price, then decide. When I am buying 10, it is sometimes a better buy to do a voucher, othertimes, better to pay using my AP.

Yep, in December vouchers would only have saved us $6 TOTAL for 2 adults and 2 kids over our AP discount. And in our case, we were booked at the wrong time (after they closed) and got switched to dinner instead of brunch. When we go in June we'll have 20 people so I'll have to compare the differences again!

Susie63
03-19-2010, 01:24 PM
We went in Feb to Goofy's kitchen and when I presented my AAA card, I was told they don't have that discount anymore(by the manager).

codewoman
03-19-2010, 06:41 PM
We went in Feb to Goofy's kitchen and when I presented my AAA card, I was told they don't have that discount anymore(by the manager).

I believe Disney has discontinued all AAA dining discounts. :crying:

mechurchlady
03-20-2010, 07:50 AM
I picked up their savings magazine and there was no mention of Disneyland discounts in the magazine.

jcatron243
03-21-2010, 06:15 AM
Plaza inn told us No AAA discounts anymore either (on 3-16)