PDA

View Full Version : Tower Of Terror ?

mkyears
03-02-2003, 09:57 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a clip or video of Walt Disney worlds tower of terror online. I was curious to see what the ride will be like when it come to DCA

DisneyFan25863
03-02-2003, 10:20 AM
First off, 'they' say that DCA's TOT will be drifferent.

Also, for the record, taking videos of they net of Disney Rides is illegal (My neighbor, who is a Disney Lawyer, confirmed this)
So you might want to try Kazaa:D

YellowMan
03-02-2003, 12:48 PM
^^Well, in that case, many disney websites are breaking the law. Illegal as it may be, I don't think Disney really cares all that much about prosecuting websites for showing video and photos from their parks. If anything it's free publicity for them.

Anyway, I have searched for a while for good video of the Tower of Terror and have never found any. There are many portions of the ride in the dark (in the elevator shafts and most of the drop shaft) and video of darkness is....well...boring. I have found complete audio of the ride on filesharing programs, but never complete video. If you manage to somehow find some, be sure to post here and let us know about it.

blugenie
03-02-2003, 02:41 PM
try www.tower-of-terror.com

lots of neato stuffs

JRob2k1
03-02-2003, 05:48 PM
Also check http://www.wdwmagic.com .

But just like YellowMan said, Tower takes place mostly in the dark, and videos are in a sense pointless, since you cant see anything.

-JRob

Thomas
03-04-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
First off, 'they' say that DCA's TOT will be drifferent.

Also, for the record, taking videos of they net of Disney Rides is illegal (My neighbor, who is a Disney Lawyer, confirmed this)
So you might want to try Kazaa:D

Isn't it illegal only if it is for financial gain?

9oldmen
03-04-2003, 09:25 AM
If anything it's free publicity for them.

I don't think they are interested in that type of "free publicity" since your amateur home video and unofficial web site may or may not present the attraction in the most flattering way. Is'nt that why video taping is not allowed on certain attractions? But I have seen quite a few non-sanctioned attraction and park videos on the web, along with still photos, and I have never heard of the company pursuing the webmasters for copywrite infringment or anything like that. So maybe they don't consider it that much of a threat.

Niwel
03-04-2003, 09:50 AM
If you watch the travel channel, they have a program called "Disney World: Behind the Scenes" or something to that effect, where they show Tower of Terror, the shaft, the lobby and the outside. It's also used in episodes of both "Step by Step" and "Family Matters" if you can catch it on repeat; you can get a friend whose going to WDW to pick up a copy of their MGM studio DVD or Video; or rent or catch "Tower of Terror" on The Disney Channel starring Steve Guttenberg and Kirsten Dunst -- not an exact of WDW's version, but you'll learn more about the story behind the ride.