PDA

View Full Version : For those who have been to DL recently

Tink0706
02-28-2003, 09:13 AM
Have you noticed any chnages since the new unlimited fastpass tickets have come out? Does it seem like the rides run out of FPs earlier than usual. For any who have used them, do you find they work well or are you running all over trying to do 10 rides at a time?

Berry Princess
02-28-2003, 12:55 PM
For the few times I have gone since that started I haven't noticed any change at all. Not sure if its the days we go or what.

Ward
03-17-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Tink0706
For any who have used them, do you find they work well or are you running all over trying to do 10 rides at a time?

We got back from Disneyland/DCA last week. We had the AAA PassportPlus deal, with the Unlimited FastPass. To sum it up: It's Great!

Our first use came on a Saturday (March 8th) in Disneyland. The crowd was slightly below average for a Saturday. We followed Darkbeer's advice, and made Dad (me) the 'runner'. Mom stayed with the kids in the AstroOrbiter line (boy, did I come out ahead on that deal!). Anyway, I left them behind and hit the ground running.

My first stop was Star Tours. Nothing thrilling yet, just your normal FastPass grab. My pulse quickened as I pulled the next passes at Space Mountain. After Autopia, I crossed the hub to Indy, Thunder and Haunted (Pirates was temporarily down; Splash was closed). Man, what a rush! I reunited with the family with a stack of FPs and a huge grin (as much from the FP exhilaration as from not standing in that Astro line!).

While it was fun to 'skirt' the system in grabbing multiple FPs, it was ten times better actually using them. Going to each FP-enabled attraction knowing that we didn't have to wait in standby was fabulous! Together with their normal 'feature' of being valid past the expiration window, Unlimited FastPass actually allowed us to slow down (after my initial park-wide harvesting). We weren't having to rush to get the next FP the instant it became available.

After that first day, we alternated parks, with Disneyland for three days and DCA for two. At DCA, it was the same - except that I almost needed oxygen going FP-grabbing from Soarin all the way to Screamin, and back. Again, the others were waiting in a horribly slow loading queue (this time it was the Bug's Land queues).

I would absolutely recommend the Unlimited FastPass. It took the stress out of using the FastPass system for us. Now, if they'd only put FP on Matterhorn...

MetalliKitty
03-17-2003, 08:18 PM
Only time I have ever seen a ride not issuing fastpasses was doing last-minute run-bys in DCA, between 1/2 hour and 20 minutes before closing.

RideMax Mark
03-18-2003, 05:17 AM
I've done computer simulations comparing the effect of using the Unlimited FP option vs the "normal" FP rules, and found that overall the estimated wait time savings isn't as great as one might expect.

Assuming you're trying to do 20 different rides on a busy summer day, you're willing to arrive in time for the 8:00am opening, AND you tour the attractions in an "optimal" order in both cases, the overall expected waiting/walking time savings is about 30 minutes with the unlimited FP option. (This also assumes you know you can use "late" FP's in both cases.)

Of course, this doesn't take into account having a "runner" gather all of the FP's, but I suppose you could assign a "runner" when using the "normal" FP option as well. It also doesn't take into account the "peace of mind" factor the unlimited FP option gives you, where you don't need to stay right on top of when you can grab your next FP.