PDA

View Full Version : What's going on in the Festival Arena?

breecie
03-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Hello! We were at Disneyland last night around 5 p.m. and as we passed the Big Thunder Ranch, we heard music.
After a few seconds, I recognized the music as the song Hercules, Pocahontas and Hunchback sang together in Animazement(sp). The Ranch was closed, but you could see spotlights and lights on in the Festival Arena.
At first I thought it was a private performance, but since I was waiting for family to get off BTMRR I heard them practice this song and "Time of Your Life" several times.
A voice recording also came on in the Arena area saying, "Now we celebrate you with some of Disney's most memorable music.." or something like that...
Anyone know what this is?:confused:

kikid
03-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Hello! We were at Disneyland last night around 5 p.m. and as we passed the Big Thunder Ranch, we heard music.
After a few seconds, I recognized the music as the song Hercules, Pocahontas and Hunchback sang together in Animazement(sp). The Ranch was closed, but you could see spotlights and lights on in the Festival Arena.
At first I thought it was a private performance, but since I was waiting for family to get off BTMRR I heard them practice this song and "Time of Your Life" several times.
A voice recording also came on in the Arena area saying, "Now we celebrate you with some of Disney's most memorable music.." or something like that...
Anyone know what this is?:confused:
Most likely a rehearsal for for the 'D23 Disney event' on Wednesday night!
I will be there, can't wait!!!:p

breecie
03-06-2010, 07:37 PM
That is so cool! You will have to let me know after you go if you hear this is what you saw:p

kikid
03-06-2010, 07:40 PM
That is so cool! You will have to let me know after you go if you hear this is what you saw:p
Will definitely report back. Disney always has great surprises
added into these events!;)

disney_leonard
03-07-2010, 04:15 PM
The D23 event would make sense. There is no other venue near Fantasyland that can hold a few hundred people. I am looking forward to it!

dac1997
03-07-2010, 06:23 PM
What you saw/heard was an awards ceremony for a music festival that had taken place off property earlier in the day. There was supposed to be a 2nd show later, but it was moved because of the weather. This will be happening every saturday night till June.

kelli1rose
03-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Music in the Parks is a wonderful organization, and they use that area for their awards. They run music festivals for student musicians at local venues, and then use Disneyland for the awards ceremony (some on Friday late afternoons, as well as the Saturday ones) The kids get some time in the park too!

disneylandgirl
03-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Music in the Parks is a wonderful organization, and they use that area for their awards. They run music festivals for student musicians at local venues, and then use Disneyland for the awards ceremony (some on Friday late afternoons, as well as the Saturday ones) The kids get some time in the park too!

I did this when I was in band in high school. They had the awards ceremony in the back thing though, behind critter country I think. There is a closed off stage area there. It was really fun. Mickey and Minnie and others made an appearance. :D And I got to go onstage and accept the award for my school! :p

DizneeGirl
03-10-2010, 07:47 AM
When I was in high school, we competed in the Heritage Festival and the awards ceremony was at the Festival of Fools. Tons of fun...a big party with Mickey and Minnie and stuff.:)

danyoung
03-10-2010, 07:48 AM
After a few seconds, I recognized the music as the song Hercules, Pocahontas and Hunchback sang together in Animazement(sp).

I really REALLY loved that section of Animazement. Who would have thought those three songs would work so well together, but when they went for the finale with the 3 of them singing, chills every time (getting 'em now just remembering it!).

AJDerrick
03-10-2010, 07:49 AM
Yup, I did this in high school as well. Way fun! However, if you're not in the festival it's one of my least favorite times to be in the parks. ;)