PDA

View Full Version : Give a Day question

wwomant
03-03-2010, 02:45 PM
I have a child volunteer question that I can't find the answer to on the GAD web site that I'm hoping someone here will know the answer to.

My son doesn't turn 6 until October, and we can't sign him up for an activity before his birthday. I was hoping to wait until then to have our family complete a volunteer opportunity, and use our tickets in December. However, I have heard that they already have about 700,000 volunteers signed up and I am afraid that if we wait until October that none of us will be able to get the free tickets. So I have signed my husband and myself up for an activity in April. If they still have opportunities available in October, I know my husband or I has to complete the activity with our son. Will they allow one of us to sign up for a second activity so that our son can complete his? Or if DH and I both do ours now will be basically be out of luck on DS's even if they have tickets left?

AVP
03-03-2010, 02:48 PM
You can sign up for multiple opportunities, but you can only earn one voucher.

AVP

wwomant
03-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Thank you AVP! That's good news.

Mickey71
03-06-2010, 03:37 PM
I would get signed up... I heard the program is maxed out and many of the opportunities are closing !!!! I had to RUSH sign up yesterday as the location we chose was pulling the plug on registrations last night

wwomant
03-06-2010, 04:26 PM
DH and I did sign up last week, so we're good to go. :)

ssmatik
03-08-2010, 03:48 PM
I don't want to start another thread so I'll add my question here. I have looked everywhere (except where the answer is) and can't find the answer. If I want to use my voucher on a day that my deluxe pass is blacked out, can I use it to cover the $45 cost of the blackout ticket?

Thanks.

DebT
03-08-2010, 06:21 PM
If I want to use my voucher on a day that my deluxe pass is blacked out, can I use it to cover the $45 cost of the blackout ticket?

I'd been wondering the same thing. Thanks for asking.

AVP
03-08-2010, 07:41 PM
You can redeem the voucher for theme park admission any day that the GadGadd ticket is valid, regardless of whether it's a AP blockout date or not. You'll be issued a one-day, one-park ticket.

You can not redeem the voucher for a Blockout ticket (which is a hopper), even though it's a less-expensive ticket. You can only get credit for the value of the GadGadd ticket when you use it to purchase a ticket of GREATER (not equal, not lesser) value. That's why SoCal residents can't upgrade the GadGadd ticket to the SoCal 2Fer ticket - it's the same value.

AVP

ssmatik
03-09-2010, 08:41 AM
You can redeem the voucher for theme park admission any day that the GadGadd ticket is valid, regardless of whether it's a AP blockout date or not. You'll be issued a one-day, one-park ticket.

You can not redeem the voucher for a Blockout ticket (which is a hopper), even though it's a less-expensive ticket. You can only get credit for the value of the GadGadd ticket when you use it to purchase a ticket of GREATER (not equal, not lesser) value. That's why SoCal residents can't upgrade the GadGadd ticket to the SoCal 2Fer ticket - it's the same value.

AVP

What a bummer.
So can I use the voucher plus $25 to upgrade to a 1-day hopper?

AVP
03-09-2010, 08:43 AM
What a bummer.
So can I use the voucher plus $25 to upgrade to a 1-day hopper?Yes.

ralfrick
03-09-2010, 02:51 PM
It's full. If you haven't signed up, it's too late.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/WhatWillYouCelebrate/index?name=Give-A-Day-Get-A-Disney-Day

A bientot

olegc
03-09-2010, 02:56 PM
It's full. If you haven't signed up, it's too late.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/WhatWillYouCelebrate/index?name=Give-A-Day-Get-A-Disney-Day

A bientot

beat me to it. yup - no more freebies - but lots of people still need help out there.

ralfrick
03-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Yeah, we were going to sign up the wife. The boy and I planted some trees a few weeks back, so that's 2 days of FPs at WDW in August. I started taking the boy with me volunteering at a community radio station before he could contribute just to get him used to the idea of pitching in; good to do when you can.

A bientot.

aznewsboy
03-21-2010, 03:13 PM
I hope it's okay to post a different question in this thread regarding the GADGADD tickets. We are planning to upgrade our voucher to a hopper & I noticd on the DL website they have a 5day hopper for the price of a 3day good through Sept when we plan on going. Do you think we can upgrade to that or is that too much of a special deal already? Just curious as that would be a really great deal.

Malcon10t
03-21-2010, 03:51 PM
I hope it's okay to post a different question in this thread regarding the GADGADD tickets. We are planning to upgrade our voucher to a hopper & I noticd on the DL website they have a 5day hopper for the price of a 3day good through Sept when we plan on going. Do you think we can upgrade to that or is that too much of a special deal already? Just curious as that would be a really great deal.Usually, when you upgrade at the park, it is at the gate price. The 5 for 3 is an online price.