PDA

View Full Version : Golden dreams music

DizneyFanatic
02-26-2003, 11:22 PM
Does anyone know the name of the music that plays during the show and where to find it. Any help would be appreciated

cujosr
02-26-2003, 11:38 PM
The name of the song in "One Dream" and it is on the Official DCA Album. The orchestrial soundtrack is unavailable.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
02-26-2003, 11:45 PM
"One Dream... they come from everywhere with just one dream, this home is where - we all can share with just one dream"

I think the most touching part of the song is where the gospel choir joins in.... during the movie they show what appears to be a black gay male holding the hand of a white gay male dying of AIDS.

JeffG
02-27-2003, 11:56 AM
The orchestrial score is by a very talented film composer by the name of Bruce Broughton. He also scored "Seasons of the Vine", "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience", "It's Tough to be a Bug", "Ellen's Energy Adventure" and "Timekeeper" for the Disney parks.

Broughton also has some pretty extensive film and TV credits, including excellent scores for "The Rescuers Down Under", "Silverado", "Tombstone", "Young Sherlock Holmes", "Honey, I Blew Up the Kid", "The Boy Who Could Fly", "Lost in Space" (the recent feature film), and "Tiny Toons Adventures". He also served as the conductor for the "Rhapsady in Blue" segment of "Fantasia 2000".

Broughton's score for "Golden Dreams" is really outstanding and I really hope Disney seriously considers including a suite from it on their next "official album" CD release.

-Jeff