PDA

View Full Version : Dreams Tower Closed?

sierranevada
02-22-2010, 04:16 PM
A friend just checked into DLH and had requested the Dreams Tower. She was told that it is completely closed for the next 2 days. I know renovation is 1/2 of the tower at a time. Is this due to the fire last week?

Darkbeer
02-22-2010, 04:25 PM
It also could be due to the construction and needing to turn off the power and/or water for a day or two. It is a weekday, and I heard it has happened at other times during the original, South end refurb.

If needed capacity is low, it is easier for the Construction Crew to be able to have the entire tower down. They can start earlier, end later (due to noise issues). It is also early in the process, where Disney has just removed the furniture from the North end, and now need to gut the rooms to their bare walls (aka Demolition). I don't think it is due to the fire.

But as Disney says, It is JUST a Request, and not a guarantee!

sierranevada
02-22-2010, 04:29 PM
That makes sense - thanks Darkbeer! We will be there on Thursday and had also requested Dreams Tower but would rather be close to our friends so we will see what happens.

AVP
02-22-2010, 06:15 PM
I have a photo tour of the new rooms running on MousePlanet tomorrow. In the interim, here's a video showing the new decor, and the "goodnight kiss" effect in the headboard.

YGBbO5in_-k

fairestoneofall
02-22-2010, 08:23 PM
And again, I say....I cannot wait to stay in one of the renovated rooms!

DisneyFunFamily4
02-22-2010, 08:25 PM
And again, I say....I cannot wait to stay in one of the renovated rooms!

Me too, we requested one for this weekend, we shall see!

fairestoneofall
02-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Me too, we requested one for this weekend, we shall see!
If you get one, we're SO coming back to your room to check it out...LOL!

DisneyFunFamily4
02-23-2010, 08:46 PM
If you get one, we're SO coming back to your room to check it out...LOL!

Of course... with camera in hand! :D

cnonnahs
02-25-2010, 12:04 PM
We definitely would like to stay in a renovated room. Should I just request to be in the Dreams tower when I call for my reservation? We are going at the end of April. Thanks in advance!

sierranevada
02-25-2010, 08:22 PM
We checked in today and got the Dreams tower - the new rooms are awesome!! Still a few qlitches - the phone by the beds doesn't have line to pull into the jack and the coffee maker broker but very minor details. I am very happy!