PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass purchasing for others

DaDuckFan1955
02-19-2010, 01:49 PM
when my son tried to buy his girlfriend (who lives in So Cal) a So Cal A/P as a gift he was unable, as they said the Bill to has to be in So Cal, even though we wanted the pass sent to her house in So Cal) :( I understand they want to cut down on fraud for those who DO NOT live in So Cal, but does Disney not have the ability to tell the difference between the BILL TO and the SHIP TO.

DisneyGuest relations suggested we send disney dollars or a disney gift card instead. YEAH RIGHT, Send money in the mail.:confused:

Kuzcofan
02-19-2010, 02:00 PM
I too would recomend the disney dollars or gift cards. I send money in the mail every month (in check form) when I pay my bills. It is no different then that. If you are really nervous about it you can always send it insured. But as long as you don't write on the envolope what is inside it really isn't that dangerous. Plus I have received gift cards in the mail before too.

DisneyFanKat
02-19-2010, 02:19 PM
I was going to suggest the gift card for a pass (I believe they sell them at The Disney Store) - but yea, sending it through the mail is really a gamble. My friend's mom mailed some gift cards to people over the holidays and they were stolen from the cards before they were delievered!!!

Gets a little more expensive, but maybe send FedEx or Certified mail? :confused:

AJDerrick
02-19-2010, 03:47 PM
I was going to suggest the gift card for a pass (I believe they sell them at The Disney Store) - but yea, sending it through the mail is really a gamble. My friend's mom mailed some gift cards to people over the holidays and they were stolen from the cards before they were delievered!!!

Gets a little more expensive, but maybe send FedEx or Certified mail? :confused:

They do sell gift cards at www.disneystore.com, you could have that mailed straight to her with a message as well I think. You should call Guest Services and make sure they're redeemable for tickets though.

Darkbeer
02-19-2010, 06:36 PM
They do sell gift cards at www.disneystore.com (http://www.disneystore.com), you could have that mailed straight to her with a message as well I think. You should call Guest Services and make sure they're redeemable for tickets though.

Yes, there are SoCal and SoCal Select AP vouchers on sale at many places, including many SoCal Grocery Stores, Disney Stores in SoCal, etc. But one MAJOR point, the person that redeems the voucher HAS to prove they live in the correct "zip codes" to be able to use the voucher. If they can't, Disney will honor the amount paid to-wards the Deluxe or Premium AP... But only a TRUE SoCal person can currently get a SoCal/SoCal Select AP.

K & S
02-19-2010, 09:55 PM
when my son tried to buy his girlfriend (who lives in So Cal) a So Cal A/P as a gift he was unable, as they said the Bill to has to be in So Cal, even though we wanted the pass sent to her house in So Cal) :( I understand they want to cut down on fraud for those who DO NOT live in So Cal, but does Disney not have the ability to tell the difference between the BILL TO and the SHIP TO.

DisneyGuest relations suggested we send disney dollars or a disney gift card instead. YEAH RIGHT, Send money in the mail.:confused:

Of course someone would do the exact thing if they wanted to buy a So Cal AP as a cheaper alternative to a several day park hopper on their vacation.