PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Club Wing of Grand Californian?

phatboy
02-15-2010, 08:32 AM
We will be staying in early March in the new Vacation Club wing of the Grand Californian. Does anybody have word on what the rooms look like and how their experience staying there has been? Do you check in at the usual front desk area or is there a separate entrance? Do you enter DCA from the same area between the spa and Napa Rose? How about the purchase of groceries for the room? Any details would certainly be appreciated.

The Red Head
02-15-2010, 10:22 AM
The rooms are really nice. We have stayed in a studio a few times and a 1 bedroom once. We have had some amazing views if the park too. You check in at the regular check in desk. I don't know about grocerys, we have not bought any on property. We have just done 1 night stays and brought snacks and water up with us from home.

AVP
02-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Does anybody have word on what the rooms look like and how their experience staying there has been?

There are a lot of photos in the Disneyland Resort Update from the week it opened. (CLICK ME (http://www.mouseplanet.com/8999/Disneyland_Resort_Update))

Do you check in at the usual front desk area or is there a separate entrance? Same front desk.

Do you enter DCA from the same area between the spa and Napa Rose? Yes.

How about the purchase of groceries for the room? Whitewater Snacks was "refurbished" to offer a small selection of groceries. When I say small, I mean limited, overpriced, and frankly unsuited to anything other than making cereal. If you actually intend to cook full meals, I'd order from Vons.com - they will deliver to the hotel, though you need to be there to accept the delivery. Don't forget, this is one of only two DVC properties with a grill area, so be sure to order some grill-able items if you're so inclined - Disney doesn't even sell hot dogs in their mart. :rolleyes:

AVP

Nonsuch
02-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Any details would certainly be appreciated.
I don't post to this board very much, and can't post a link.
There is a 143 page thread about VGC in the disboard, under DVC-mousecellaneous :rolleyes: