PDA

View Full Version : [Doors added to parking lot] trams

Finding Gigi
02-12-2010, 05:37 PM
The trams to and from the resort now have doors. Not sure if anyone posted this.

Finding Gigi
02-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Here is a link to a pic http://twitpic.com/12v4ay

mechurchlady
02-12-2010, 07:14 PM
For the tram from Simba parking lot, next to Paradise Pier Hotel, they had to put doors on the trams. Thanks for the photo. I cannot wait for them to get the trams running from Simba again.

http://twitpic.com/12v53y
That is another view of the new trams.

darph nader
02-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Let's see how long it takes before someone steps out and walks into the darn things. :eyeroll: What's next,seatbelts? :eek:

Tinkermommy
02-13-2010, 06:44 AM
Do they open and close automatically?

I'm curious to know if/how this is affecting tram loading time -- especially near closing time.

janell
02-13-2010, 01:00 PM
To bad they can't do one of those walking belt things (not sure what they are called) they have them at airports and in Vegas. No need for trams. But then again Im sure that has its problems too. I guess there is no great fix for this.

olegc
02-13-2010, 03:51 PM
i had posted this earlier - but i can hear the yelling and arguing now at the end of a long and crowded day. Folks trying to all squish in on the tram to make it back to the car - and the doors won't close. So the CM will announce over the PA that folks need to get out of the tram if the doors won't close... of course no one will move (well, almost no one) so the CM will have to walk up and down to tell folks to get off... it won't be pretty but I guess too many guests have been getting off or cramming the trams too full.

then again, maybe it's Disney Legal going bonkers again. Why not just put us all in plastic bubble wrap for the entire day.

darph nader
02-13-2010, 04:56 PM
then again, maybe it's Disney Legal going bonkers again. Why not just put us all in plastic bubble wrap for the entire day.

Sad to say,that is the way the world is becoming. Blame someone else for my/our problems. :(

candles71
02-14-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm thinking it goes back to the lawsuit from the lady who fell from the tram.

mechurchlady
02-14-2010, 07:25 PM
One of the guys who works trams was sitting behind me on the tram. We were talking and he said that all trams will be with doors. Legal and safety issues depending on where the trams travel. Crossing Disneyland Way requires doors but there are also safety issues on the Mickey and Friends tram.

houseofmouse
02-15-2010, 05:23 PM
I wonder if it has to do with the Simba lot Wouldn't it have to cross a road or two?? Or the new lot they are paving?

I think for me the doors will be okay. I don't have strollers or small kids anymore. For some it may cause a headache or two.

orchid2
02-16-2010, 03:49 AM
One thing I dislike that is the trams it's the worst part of Disneyland... I walk with a cane so walking to the parking lot is out for me (before anyone says just walk)... I too think it would be nice to have a moving walk over to the Parks... yes I know it would be almost impossible to do but much nicer then the trams... I can see some real problem with the doors and I must say I under stand completely why Disney is doing it but for the guest who behave while loading and riding the trams the doors will cause us a lot of lost time with people overloading the seating row with too many people or the strollers, perhaps Disney could make the strollers only go into the special lines for them and stop them from loading into regular rows and stop from hitting other guest in the head and arms with these strollers.... that would be nice..... they might think about having a Anaheim Police Office there at each tram to try and kept a better handle on things.... like I stated the trams are the worst thing and makes me always think twice about going to the Parks......

mechurchlady
02-16-2010, 08:16 AM
They are working to ease the congestion and deal with strollers. On busy days they unload the disabled on the north side so that they do not have to fight their way down the exiting masses. They sometimes will unload the regular guests on the north side then circle around to load. The front area is for disabled then strollers. I have seen CMs directing people to other areas of the tram that can hold the larger strollers. It is not a police matter but a Disney management matter. It is up to Disney to make sure guests are served fairly and quickly and safely. also they do have the vans for the disabled but they only can handle about three wheelchairs.

There are ways that guests can help like one person loads and sits with the idsabled person or stroller. I se the whole front area with one wheelchair or stroller because the whole group has to sit up front. Going home on Sunday a man pushed a walker onto the tram and sat with one person and the other three in his group sat in the back row of the tram. I got out and sat in the second seat while Mom was being strapped in. This allowed a large lady and her lady friend to sit down and take that tram. There are things being done but a lot of it is just plain poor judgment of guest like crossing the yellow line, pushing, and no obeying the CMs.

Who remembers the old blue and yellow trams where you sat facing out to the side of the tram?

Darkbeer
02-16-2010, 10:44 AM
I wonder if it has to do with the Simba lot Wouldn't it have to cross a road or two?? Or the new lot they are paving?

Yes, the new Simba route, which has the trams crossing Disneyland Drive is the main issue driving the new doors. And since the Disney lawyers found out that SOME Trams would have doors, they got worried if someone fell out of the trams without doors, and basically mandated that ALL trams would get the new doors.

As for the new Parking Lot near the Convention Center, that lot, along with Buzz Lightyear and Pongo require totally street legal buses, so no trams for those lots.

mechurchlady
02-17-2010, 03:24 AM
I checked yesterday and there is a stroller car on the back of the trams. It is just like the disabled front car in size. There was an announcement that anyone with strollers waiting up front should go to the back of the tram as that front area is reserved for the disabled.

I got the impression that the Simba tram was running yesterday. I probably am wrong but that is the impression that I got. and the CMs for the most part are trying to pack the trams especially for the disabled. The group in front of us actually split up so that Mom and I could ride the tram, there were 7 people in their group but 4 were disabled in some way.

lauramaynot
02-17-2010, 08:18 PM
I for one kinda like the doors. Yes it may slow the loading and unloading of the tram, but I like the idea that someone won't come and try to push their way into an already full row. That is my biggest pet peeve. I can't tell you how many times I have had all my kids on a row and someone wants to squeeze in because there is 'plenty' of room and since there are less than 5 adults on the bench so it is OK - GRR! but their big bum has now pushed my kid practically off the other end :mad: Then the whole way I am praying that kid can hang on tight enough when we hit the curve and the weight shifts that they aren't pushed off the tram - oh and these aren't little children - they are 13, 12 and 10 and of course they fight about who gets to sit on the end so they don't have to sit so close to a stranger...

fredc
02-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Being ancient, I remember trams crossing West Street to and from the Disneyland Hotel without doors and the early Lion King trams crossing Disneyland Drive without doors. When did these new regulations go into effect and are they state, city or Disney mandates?

dznyphreak
02-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Pretty sure they're state...don't vehicles need a certain checklist of things (turn signals...windshields...doors...) in order to be "street-legal"?

mowsluver
02-28-2010, 07:33 PM
I wish, at the end of the day/night, they would have one or two totally stroller/disabled trams. I mean one with nothing but the wide open seats.
I have a double stroller because of 2 little ones, but I will sit with the stroller and have everyone else sit in the other seats so as to leave room for others with strollers.
But after a long day in the park, the stroller lines become enormous! The kids are usually asleep by that time or close to it and then having to wait for tram after tram just sucks!
There are a great many people there with strollers and with only two spots per tram, it is bad!
I also am slightly disabled so walking to the car after walking all day is out of the question.

disneylandgirl
03-01-2010, 02:59 PM
I like the doors. I always feel like I'm going to fall off the edge when they turn.

danyoung
03-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Being ancient, I remember trams crossing West Street to and from the Disneyland Hotel without doors and the early Lion King trams crossing Disneyland Drive without doors.

I also remember being 4 years old and standing in the front seat of the car, holding on to Dad's shoulder. My seat belt was Dad's right arm shooting out in case he had to brake suddenly.

Times change.

AnotherJenny
03-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Can we get shoulder harness seat belts too? I'm hoping to act out "Defending Your Life."

(Or I could go to Universal, but I'd rather not if I don't have to...)