PDA

View Full Version : Family/kids suites near DLR

heidiwhr
02-22-2003, 03:59 PM
I hope this is the right place to post...

In May we will be taking our 18-month old to DLR and are intrigued by the family/kids suites offered by many of the hotels. This way our son can have his own room and go to bed at his normal time while we stay up and watch TV. Has anyone stayed in one of these? Are they worth it? Right now we have reservations at the BW Raffles Inn & suites, but I can't seem to find a review on that property. Any imput would be appreciated!

disguy
02-22-2003, 05:23 PM
Portifino Inn has Kid suites check the Mouseplanet Reviews section it may have more info for you. Last time I booked a kids suite at the Portifino for someone it was 99.00 (during Oct)

MouseWife
02-22-2003, 05:28 PM
I have never stayed there. I would ask if it is indeed a 'suite' with two separate rooms, though. I once did book one and then changed my reservations.

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Garden Grove. I really enjoyed it myself. The glass elevator will probably give him a thrill as will the garden on the ground floor.

This locations pool is outdoors. I understand the Anaheim location has an indoor pool. I haven't stayed there and the G.G. one is newer.

If you have AAA that will help with the rates.

There are others but I haven't stayed there. If you click on 'Travel' on the main bar on MousePlanet it wil take you to a list of hotels and such.

Have fun!

Sonya in Boise
02-23-2003, 06:57 AM
The Desert Inn and Suites has a "Parlor Suite" that has a seperate living room area. This worked well for us. The girls went to nap and I watched TV in the living room. It also has a micro/fridge and is walking distance from DL. During the off season in October we paid 69.00 a night.

It wasn't fancy, but was clean and quiet. They had a small breakfast, but they did have milk, which was a huge cost saver w/ my 20 month old. I just filled our jug every morning and stored it in the room fridge. The staff was nice and it has an indoor pool.

Pirate Girl
02-23-2003, 11:34 AM
My family recently stayed in The Ramada Limited Suites in Anaheim. <http://reservations.americanhotelguide.com/hotel/10006233-10196574O.html> It's a older hotel, but was recently remodeled. It has two sizes of suites, both with two rooms. Theres also a continental breakfast, (small) pool, and free shuttle service to the parks (although it is close enough to walk). The rooms are between 65 and 95 dollars depending on how big of a suite you want. We stayed there for 4 nights and found it was an awsome value for the price.

jamsandwich
02-23-2003, 11:51 AM
I know the Hyatt in Garden Grove (short ride to Disneyland, and they've got a shuttle), has kids suites.

http://alicante.hyatt.com/property/rooms/rooms_detail.jhtml?id=0&ssnav=0

EDIT: I just checked a random date to find a price.. looks like $150 is a good rate for the suite.. but it does seem to swing upwards, as well.

-J

SueinSac
02-24-2003, 01:55 PM
We really like the Embassy Suites in Garden Grove, too. The hot breakfast there has something good for everybody and you won't get bored with it after the 2nd day.

I just reserved a couple of nights there for mid-March, and got the best rate by calling 1-800-EMBASSY. It was better by $10-25 per night vs. the rates I found on the net.

BTW, we like the Desert Inn & Suites, too, when price is an issue (i.e. when bringing price-sensitive Grandparents along). But, the breakfast and the pool there are both pretty awful. The location, however, is great!

But if no grandparents are coming, we're at the Embassy Suites!