PDA

View Full Version : spring break vs super soap weekend

dsnylndmom
02-22-2003, 11:09 AM
We were planning a trip to DL at the end of March which ends up coinciding with Super Soap Weekend the only other time period for us to go would be Fri-Wed before Easter. Which will undoubtably be busy.

My questions is how busy? Like July/August busy? Thanksgiving/Christmas busy? We've been tons of times in July and Labor Day Weekend and just use 3 days to get it all done, would that be possible during this time period? We were thinking of doing Universal and/or Knott's over the weekend thinking maybe they would be less busy and then do DL/DCA Mon, tues and wed. Would that be plausible.

TIA
Tina:D

MouseWife
02-22-2003, 01:42 PM
Well, I've just gotten on to the board today but I don't think that the SSW is definite.

That said, I noticed that the Saturday was not very crowded {not an AP day} while Sunday was.

Your days sound best, I personally prefer to do Disneyland/DCA during the week. I prefer to do any park during the week.

Have a lot of fun!!

Berry Princess
02-22-2003, 06:33 PM
I don't think it will be to bad a time to go at all. April would be because of all the different spring breaks. But end of March shouldn't be too. I don't see it being packed like summer or Christmas time. Which nothing is like Christmas time though. LOL I do know when we went on Sunday Feb 16 we were suprised that it wasn't to bad and not a ton of people considering it was a holiday weekend. But go at the end of March and have tons of fun. It will be great during the weekdays for you guys.

MouseWife
02-22-2003, 07:42 PM
Oh, and the dates I saw were May 30 and June 1st.

So, there ya go. Safe!!

And, in my post earlier, I didn't say it clearly, was that when I went to the SSW last year, the Saturday was not extremely crowded {the lines were all full for getting autographs yes, but the park was not}. The Sunday, what a difference. You could definitely tell that it was an AP day. I mean, even if they didn't want to get autographs and such it was still an event.

Morrigoon
02-22-2003, 07:45 PM
Well, for what it's worth, my school's spring break is the week of March 17th