PDA

View Full Version : Spring Disney Mag - I'm in it! Anybody got one yet?

Pages : [1] 2

KarenW2
02-21-2003, 11:59 PM
Just wanted to ask if anyone has the new Spring issue of Disney Magazine yet. I emailed them an old photo last year, from when I was about 5 yrs old, taken at the old Fun Foto place in Tomorrowland & asked for info on where it was taken. They wrote back, months later (I kinda forgot I'd sent it in by then!), with the info and asked if they could use the photo in the magazine.

I, of course, said yes, and they told me they would send me 3 additional copies for giving them permission to use the photo. I still haven't received these issues and I still haven't received my normal subscription copy of the magazine!

A girlfriend in Alabama has gotten the magazine, says it's on page 14, but she doesn't have a scanner, so she can't scan the page so I could see it. She did type in the letter, and it was interesting, because it was totally changed from what I'd sent them! Instead of my asking for info on the photo, I was telling them where it was taken!

If someone has the Spring issue and has a scanner, is there any chance you could scan it and email it to me? I'd be forever greatful, as I'm sure I'll never see the magazine at this point!!

tiggerandtink
02-22-2003, 12:41 AM
That's really cool, and I'm sure someone will help you, but just in case can't you get it at Barnes and Noble or something like that. I see it all over the place here, and it seems like you would want an actual copy. If nothing else I would follow up with the magazine and let them know you are still waiting for your copy.

AVP
02-22-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by KarenW2
Just wanted to ask if anyone has the new Spring issue of Disney Magazine yet.

No, but I now have four copies of the Treasure Planet / Winter edition - two just arrived in the mail this week. :confused:

AVP

KarenW2
02-22-2003, 10:29 PM
Hi tiggerandtink,
I haven't seen the magazine on newsstands in my area yet and I am still waiting for the copies that are supposed to be coming here, both my subscription copy and the comps for using my photo.

I definitely DO want a real copy of the magazine, I was just hoping someone had one already who could scan it, just so I could see it before mine gets here, whenever that will be.

Since they changed the letter so much, I'm hoping it's the same picture I sent them!

Oh, Adrienne, we've had a subscription to the magazine for well over 20 years and when we bought our PAPs, we asked that they add the two year's worth of free subscriptions that come with the PAPs to our current subscription.

It still hasn't happened the last 3 years that we've had PAPs, we have only gotten one copy of the magazine with the expiration date what I had just renewed it to, BEFORE we got the PAPs!

Then suddenly, the last 2 issues we got TWO copies of the mag, one for each of our names, with different expiration dates! I have written them email (never got a response of any kind), snail mail and still don't know what they're doing!

Now I'm starting to wonder if we'll get ANY copies at this point, even tho with all our credits we won't need to renew til after 2010! At least I'm not the only one having problems with the mag.

Tigertail777
02-22-2003, 11:01 PM
I already had one subscription, then my mom added what was supposed to be 2 years longer onto it as a present....

well for one full year I got 2 copies of each issue, and then my subscription ended. I called and called about this, but they said they didnt know why I was getting 2 issues, and then said they were 2 different accounts at 2 different adresses...??? I never did get it straightened out and was got real tired of the run around I got. Now just recently I got a "its time to renew form in the mail" for crying out loud!!!!! I would still subscribe, but man they really screwed me last time!:eek:

Sophie832
02-23-2003, 03:03 AM
Is there an AP who actually gets their Disney magazines on a regular basis? I did get the winter edition, but spring? Dream on! If anyone does get them on a regular basis, could you let me in on your bribery secret? Is there a hidden club beneath Disneyland where they hoard all our magazines?! Ok, rant over.

Morrigoon
02-23-2003, 09:31 AM
I don't know, but if anyone learns the secret on how to ACTUALLY get the magazines we're supposedly recieving with our APs, let me know! I see one every now and then, but not on any remotely reliable schedule. I wish they'd at least tell us which MONTH to expect it in, sheesh!

Not Afraid
02-23-2003, 09:46 AM
We usually get them, but they arrive at strange timees. Nothing for a long time, then two different issues within a week.

I never count on them anymore. I don't really see this as an AP benefit. I'll stick with Sunset or Bon Appetite. I can count on those.:rolleyes:

tiggerandtink
02-23-2003, 12:05 PM
Hustler. Never missed an issue.

(yes, that's a joke)

I missed August '96

tinksmommy
02-23-2003, 06:43 PM
I had gotten the "free" subscription with my Disney Club membership. The entire year went by without a single issue. I kept meaning to call, but I never did. Then it was time to renew and I don't know if it was just the luck of the draw, but the cast member that I talked to asked if I had any problems with my membership (or something like that). I told her that I hadn't received any of the past year's issues of the magazine. She put a note of it in my account and said that she would see what she could do in terms of extending my subscription or something.

Before my new membership cards even came I got a large envelope in the mail with the 4 issues from the past year inside. Pretty nice if you ask me.

KarenW2
02-26-2003, 11:26 PM
I'm so happy to report that when I opened my mail cluster box today, I found an envelope from Disney Magazine, along with the typical, much less important, bills and junk mail. I got my 2 comp copies of the Spring Disney Magazine, with my picture and letter inside!

The return address read New York, but it was postmarked somewhere illegible in Massachusettes, so I guess that's why it took so long to get here.

I'm still awaiting my regular subscription copy, but I'm glad to have these two copies today!

mad4mky
02-27-2003, 08:36 AM
Hey....
I got my magazine yesterday!!!
I brought it to work today to scan through during my lunch hour...
But, when I read your post, I just took it out of my tote, and looked up your picture!
What a great, great photo to have in the Disney magazine.

You are now a celeb!

What fun seeing the picture and thinking..."I know her..!" (from MP of course!;) )

justagrrl
02-27-2003, 01:48 PM
I got mine in the mail yesterday - and went and found your photo right away. :) That's pretty darn cool.

Ghoulish Delight
02-27-2003, 01:50 PM
I got mine today. Great picture, Karen.

Incidentally, I find the ultrasound hidden Mickey that is on that same page very disturbing.

RStar
02-27-2003, 05:20 PM
Strange, I've never seemed to have a problem that I'm aware of. I got it with my Magic Kindom Club, then the AP. Sure, they come at weird times, but I don't belive I've missed any.

Now the AP newsletter is a different story..............

KarenW2
02-27-2003, 11:04 PM
Well, I'm happy to say that I got MY subscription copy in the mail today, with the same expiration date my previous one had on it, when they also sent one in my husband's name in error. So now I'm wondering if we're going to receive yet another copy, for HIS subscription, that was supposed to have been combined with mine. This would be the one time I wouldn't mind getting an extra copy!

I had gotten a letter from them about a month ago, saying they had finally fixed the problem, but that it might take another issue before the fixed expiration date took effect. I guess we'll see what happens!

Yes, Ghoulish Delight, I agree with you. I found that ultrasound picture a bit odd myself.

This has definitely made my list of exciting happenings in my life, of which there have only been a few. Biggest & best, meeting & marrying my wonderful hubby, and then there's the time I was part of a small group who was asked to sing in a concert at Carnegie Hall in NYC! That was an amazing experience!!

So glad y'all enjoyed my picture. Thanks for all the kind words!!

cstephens
02-28-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by KarenW2
Well, I'm happy to say that I got MY subscription copy in the mail today, with the same expiration date my previous one had on it, when they also sent one in my husband's name in error. So now I'm wondering if we're going to receive yet another copy, for HIS subscription, that was supposed to have been combined with mine. This would be the one time I wouldn't mind getting an extra copy!

OK, now I can't remember - are you supposed to get one copy for each AP or one per household? We got two yesterday, one for me and one for my husband.

KarenW2 - If you want extra copies of the magazine, PM me a mailing address, and I'd be happy to send ours to you.

ae's mom
02-28-2003, 11:21 AM
I got mine yesterday and the first thing I did was look for your picture!!! Even though I don't know you personally, I felt like I did....through MP, of course! Great picture!! I love old Disneyland photos!! :p

RStar
02-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Got mine yesterday as well! Funny, they must get most of them out the same day or something.

Yes the ultrasound was disturbing, and did anyone notice the picture of Ed and Lisa riding Dumbo in the upper right of the same page? Interesting..............

lisap
02-28-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by RStar
did anyone notice the picture of Ed and Lisa riding Dumbo in the upper right of the same page? Interesting..............

Wow, I guess we have been to WDW, honey! :eek: ;)

RStar
02-28-2003, 03:41 PM
It's kinda sick though, since Lisa is Eds' daughter:eek: .......

teri
02-28-2003, 04:27 PM
Cute picture!!! You oughta post it. :)

Dawnie
03-01-2003, 04:05 PM
I received my copy sometime last week. Just looked up the pic, what a sweet family photo.
What a treat to have found a family treasure in a Grandma heirloom.

Thanks for sharing!

DaddyB
03-01-2003, 09:51 PM
I got mine day before yesterday, and I'M IN IT TOO!

About 4 months ago, I asked a question to the "Ask Dave" column, and they answered it quickly via email. About 3 weeks ago I got another email asking if they could print my question in the Disney Magazine. Of course I said that I'd be flattered.

So I open up this issue, and there it is (the one about the flag in New Orleans Square)!

I'm in print! I'm in print!
(ripping off Steve Martin's "I'm in the phone book! I'm in the phone book!" from "The Jerk")

Christiii
03-02-2003, 12:41 PM
I am sooo proud of you!!! That is by far the best pic Ive seen in there!! I just love Vintage disney things, and that pic is just wonderful!! OK< you got me thinking now..so I just sent in my christmas card pics for this year...so Im keeping my fingers crossed that Ill be famous like you :-) If you havnet seen em, just click on the links in my signature..the sol and gabe ones :-)