PDA

View Full Version : Rasulo

LIMANDL4EVA
02-21-2003, 11:11 PM
I don't know about everyone else on these boards, but I had seen a SIGNIFICANT difference of quality being added to the parks lately since James Rasulo came aboard. I don't know if he actually had anything to do with the recent 'beautification' of Fantasyland and all the painting going in the parks, but I am noticing a great deal of upkeep in the parks lately now that Pressler is gone. Or is all this happening now just a coincidence?
Thoughts?
-M

Disneyfreak
02-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Good question! I think yes but it might be partly just time for the paint and stuff to be done. I think hes giving us a better budget to work with.

tabacco
02-21-2003, 11:45 PM
Yeah, I've been noticing Good Things happening since he took over as well.

YellowMan
02-22-2003, 12:30 AM
I too think that it might just be time for painting and general upkeep to be done. I think it might be a little too soon to see serious results from Mr. Rasulo, although I'm not business guy so I'm really just going off of assumptions here.

LIMANDL4EVA
02-22-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
Good question! I think yes but it might be partly just time for the paint and stuff to be done. I think hes giving us a better budget to work with.
But DLR wouldn't be in a paint and rehab frenzy right now if Pressler had kept up what he was doing, all the recently painted and rehabbed attractions would still be rotting away. Personally, I would like to credit Rasulo with all this, but I as well am not a buisnessman, so I don't know whether or not he has been with the company long enough to affect anything thus far.

YellowMan
02-22-2003, 02:01 PM
But DLR wouldn't be in a paint and rehab frenzy right now if Pressler had kept up what he was doing, all the recently painted and rehabbed attractions would still be rotting away. But you may recall that a lot of painting and restoring began during the Pressler reign. King Arthur's Carrousel for one closed way back during while Mr. Pressler was employed by the Disney Company, and there were people out painting various things even then (just during the day, so people had even more reason to complain as opposed to being glad some work was being done).

JeffG
02-22-2003, 04:16 PM
Most likely, the vast majority of the refurbishment work going on right now was greenlighted under Pressler's leadership.

-Jeff

merlinjones
02-23-2003, 08:05 AM
Isn't the current maintenence a panicked reaction to Eisner and the Board, dissatisfied with Pressler's rundown of the park?

I seem to remember reading a rumor a few years back that word from on high (Michael or Roy?) demanded that the park be like new for the 50th...

Morrigoon
02-23-2003, 09:25 AM
I still credit Cynthia Harriss...

Within 6 months of her taking over DLR, things started improving, and are still improving. This is a park president who cares enough about the park to actually go INTO the park and see for herself. I think she's much more in touch with what the guests want than *ahem* "other" people at her level and above in the company.

Now, if Jay turns out to be another Cynthia, only with more control over the budgets, fantastic. Even if Pressler is the one who greenlighted the projects, we can at least give Rasulo his due for not stopping them from happening, which he could have done. So, yay Jay.

Gemini Cricket
02-23-2003, 09:59 AM
I am hopeful that these new, good changes are due to Rasulo.

However, until I see another original E-Ticket soon for Disneyland, I will remain pessimistic about Disneyland's growth.

:)

Bill Catherall
02-23-2003, 11:39 AM
I think it's still much too soon to be seeing any kind of impact Rasulo may have. There's no way someone can enter a company and within a couple weeks have new projects underway. The first thing he has to do is get a feel for how the company is being run and how well it's doing. Only then can he know what needs changing and where to start implementing whatever strategies he has. That takes several months. Then it would be another many months before anybody actually sees what his changes lead to. I'd say it will be another year before we see what Rasulo has really brought to the company.

We should be giving all the credit for the recent improvements to Cynthia Harris.

LIMANDL4EVA
02-23-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall
We should be giving all the credit for the recent improvements to Cynthia Harris.
YAY for Cynthia!!:D

rexfarms
02-25-2003, 05:58 PM
I love Cynthia. She is great, and way nice.