PDA

View Full Version : DCA remodel [schedule]

toncasmo
02-09-2010, 07:59 AM
when is it scheduled to be done and everything open? sorry i haven't been keeping up- didn't think we were going this year, promised we'd take a year or two off, but now looks like we might go!! yeah!!

toncasmo
02-09-2010, 08:00 AM
when is it scheduled to be done and everything open? sorry i haven't been keeping up- didn't think we were going this year, promised we'd take a year or two off, but now looks like we might go!! yeah!!

3Princesses1Prince
02-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Everything is supposed to be done in 2012 I think...

kfreak
02-09-2010, 09:08 AM
The full remodel isnt supposed to be finished until 2012. I believe that they still have part of the Hollywood Backlot shutdown for the trolley construction. Others can give you more information. I am going to be going on Saturday and will know more after that.

olegc
02-09-2010, 11:41 AM
there is so much to do that it's not like they'll have it all. Swings will be ready this summer, so will World of Color lagoon light show. Right now they have torn up the hollywood backlot for the trolly. THat should be done by end of the year, next jan. then they start on the second leg going down the parade route, er, sorry, entertainment corridor to set up the cars-land leg.

Little Mermaid is supposed to be in 2011, as well as the front entrance changes. Carsland in 2012. these are very broad dates and comments - there are plenty of threads and websites dedicated to proposed or rumored dates of completion. use search more often and you will find them.

bduff
02-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Is it politically incorrect to mention other Disney fan sites?? If no, you might want to look at the California Adventure Project Tracker on the MiceAge site . . . that provides a nice summary of the DCA changes that have already been made, ones in progress, and ones not started, but on the drawing boards. But let's be clear . . . MP is my favorite site!

potzbie
02-12-2010, 04:05 PM
"Everything open"???

That's a pretty difficult question to answer, since all openings (with the exception of LANDS, like Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, which were 100% closed during their redesign) are on a ride by ride basis (or attraction by attraction basis).

World of Color looks to me like a spring or summer opening.
Hollywood Red Cars looks to me like a spring or summer opening.

Mermaid is longer term.
Carsland is longer term.

As soon as you get, say 3 or 4 of these things "open", there will an announcement of yet another ride to be added.

And the question about "everything open" will again be impossible to answer!

"Disneyland will never be complete."
-- W. E. D.

And, "DCA will never have 100% of its planned rides open with nothing pending for the summer (or spring or fall or winter)."
-- potzbie

disney42dude
02-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Hollywood Red Cars looks to me like a spring or summer opening.

Are you talking this year? I didn't think they'd open until Buena Vista Street is built.

kfreak
02-13-2010, 01:10 PM
I believe the Trolley cars arent going to be opening up until next year since they are part of the whole build for the new entrance to DCA. Even if the construction is finished they might not have them actually going until then.

mechurchlady
02-16-2010, 08:20 AM
walls walls walls as far as the eye can see are the walls walls walls
I got the bruises to tell you there are lots of walls in Wall-E Town, formerly DCA.

DLANDLUVR
06-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Im sure this has been asked a milion times but when does the ride open? I know its 2011 for DCA and 2012 for Magic Kingdom but what month for DCA opening? Spring? Summer?

TowerofTerror
06-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Its opening in june 2011 for the Ariel ride in DCA

trypticon
06-21-2010, 05:12 PM
[deleted]