PDA

View Full Version : Working at Disney

Pirate Girl
02-20-2003, 03:13 PM
Does anyone know anything about applying to work at Disneyland? I don't want to apply online, where do I go, what do they look for ect.?

Morrigoon
02-20-2003, 03:34 PM
Depends on what "level" you're looking at... costume or suit?

For regular hourly (costume) jobs, you can go to TDA directly. The entrance is off Ball, facing the freeway. Turn left, park in the uncovered lot (if you can find a space!) and then walk into the main doors of the building (from the parking lot, you'll walk toward the gate, make a left, and you'll see the main entrance about 60 feet away). Walk up to the desk, ask what they're hiring for lately, and fill out an application.

Better yet, find out when they're having a "job fair", because that's the best way to get hired quickly. Be enthusiastic, smile (naturally) at them when you're interviewing, and think of a time when you had a leadership role, as well as a time you had difficulty working with someone and how you handled it, because they WILL ask you.

For salaried (suit) jobs, you have to find the location of the Professional Staffing office, which is never on-site. The actual title is "Disneyland Professional Staffing". I'm sorry, I don't know where they are now. Last I heard, they were in some non-descript space in an office building with nary a sign to show for it.