PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones queue

Pages : [1] 2

Wackokid
07-24-2001, 07:22 PM
i heard somebody talking about a bamboo pole and a rope that does this funny stuff in the indiana jones line
i just wondered where they were in the line and are they in the stand-by line or the fastpass line?
um.. also... how do you think the crowds will be this thursday?

JRob2k1
07-24-2001, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Wackokid
i heard somebody talking about a bamboo pole and a rope that does this funny stuff in the indiana jones line
i just wondered where they were in the line and are they in the stand-by line or the fastpass line?
um.. also... how do you think the crowds will be this thursday?

Crowded, its summer!

As for the line...

The Bamboo pole is a neat effect that is located in the spike room in the que. What happens is when you push the pole, the ceiling(with spikes on it) starts "falling" down on you. The actual movement is very little, but it startles many with the loud sound it makes! Since the addition of FastPass, the line is held up at points and then let through, where you end up walking past much of the que. The spike room is one of these areas. No matter if your in FP line or stand-by, you will rush right by it. So if you remember, stop at the spike room and give the bamboo a good pull!

-JRob

Wackokid
07-24-2001, 08:46 PM
okay thanks, but what about the rope?

Napsto
07-24-2001, 08:51 PM
that is such a great team.

Napsto
07-24-2001, 08:51 PM
ooops i mean trick!

winniepooh
07-24-2001, 10:12 PM
If we are talking about the same rope, I believe it somewhere up where the big videoscreen is, if you pull it there is the sound of someone falling down.

For extra fun push the bamboo pole, and then start screaming "OH MY GOD, We ARE GONNA DIE", (dont do if there is smaller children in the room ). It works best with tourists who are visiting for the first time....

Matterhorn Fan
07-25-2001, 04:44 AM
The rope's in the room that's between the room with the pole and before you get to the film room. The FastPass line always bypasses it.

Lacrosse Boy
07-26-2001, 12:40 PM
There's a signon the ceiling I hear.

MissETicket
07-26-2001, 03:33 PM
Ack! I haven't been to DL in a little over a year (not quite on withdrawals, but close(went to WDW, though)). The last time I was there, Indy was having Fastpass put in. There was no swing music (you know, Glenn Miller, etc.) outside, so there was no real mood. I love that part of the queue. Is the music there now? I e-mailed DL and they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. Hmmm...:rolleyes:

Dreamstaker
07-26-2001, 03:55 PM
The music is from a Radio in the tent that you pass after you have left the ride. It is on the left and the jungle cruise river is on the right. The music was still playing when I was there Sunday.

They are not using the que area with the man down the hole, but if you wanted to walk out of line to pull the rope, you could.

MissETicket
07-26-2001, 06:23 PM
Dreamstaker, thank you for the info. Do you know how many times I e-mailed DL? They asked me to clarify what I meant several times (even though I was perfectly clear, to the last detail). Arrgh. Again, thank you. ;)

Dreamstaker
07-26-2001, 08:00 PM
You are welcome. Sometimes I wonder if the office staff have ever been on the rides.

Wackokid
07-27-2001, 04:30 PM
oh well... i didnt get to see it anyway... the line was too long and we just used the single rider thingy...

something kinda weird happened when we went on it the second time...
we stalled right after the rolling ball and everyone turned around and you could see the drop and barely you could see the room moving and stuff
has that happened to anyone else?

Gauchograd99
07-27-2001, 07:39 PM
Hey Wackokid.... I think we were on the same car (last Sunday right?)! We sat there for about 3 minutes. Anyhow, that was cool and very interesting. I was looking for all sorts of "helps" at what goes on (since ppl have "spoiled" it and I love the spoilers) and was interested to see the hill and the steepness of it. Very interesting to me.

Wackokid
07-27-2001, 08:20 PM
no i was there last night (thursday) and it only stalled for about 15 seconds
actually it didn't stall right under the drop it stalled about halfway through the curve

Gauchograd99
07-28-2001, 09:26 PM
Oh.... we had about a 2 minute wait before you get to the curve and just when you can begin to see Indy standing there. I might be way off here but I think they may have more vehicles on the track than normal, hence this issue jumping up once in a while.

DisneylandKid
07-29-2001, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Gauchograd99
Hey Wackokid.... I think we were on the same car (last Sunday right?)! We sat there for about 3 minutes. Anyhow, that was cool and very interesting. I was looking for all sorts of "helps" at what goes on (since ppl have "spoiled" it and I love the spoilers) and was interested to see the hill and the steepness of it. Very interesting to me.

Go to the "Indiana Jones effects [major spoilers]" thread, and find out more about that.

mcampisi
07-30-2001, 08:28 AM
It's disappointing that they spent so much time and effort in an awesome queue area and storyline leading up to the ride. I don't think I've been in a line for that has used either the outside area or the winding area with the rope in the last 2 years. Not that I like standing in lines necessarily mind you. Just the effort on Indy is nothing short of amazing.

stan4d_steph
07-30-2001, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by mcampisi
It's disappointing that they spent so much time and effort in an awesome queue area and storyline leading up to the ride.

I absolutely agree with you on this. I hope in the future they will plan FastPass into the design of the queue. Now, not only does FP make it longer for those without, but you don't even get to enjoy the inside themed queue area while you are waiting. All of it is going to waste in my opinion, which is sad. Also, it is much cooler to be waiting in there than outside.

Ralph Wiggum
07-30-2001, 03:20 PM
Yeah...its no fun just running through all of the queue. YOu miss the little details like the man on the rope or the pole that makes the ceilng fall.

Uncle Dick
02-24-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Gauchograd99
Oh.... we had about a 2 minute wait before you get to the curve and just when you can begin to see Indy standing there. I might be way off here but I think they may have more vehicles on the track than normal, hence this issue jumping up once in a while.

On one trip through the Temple of Mara, I think my jeep stalled about five or six times at various points starting with the rat room. When I finally got to the load/unload area, it turned out that only one side of the track was working, which backed up the jeeps for quite some distance. I think it's totally cool that the jeeps still sputter and shake even when they're idling due to a back up. Just another reason why Indy is the best ride in the park.

The queue area by the rope hasn't been used for a while now and last time I checked, the rope itself was gone, although the picks used by the workers were still audible.

Originally posted by stan4d_steph
I absolutely agree with you on this. I hope in the future they will plan FastPass into the design of the queue. Now, not only does FP make it longer for those without, but you don't even get to enjoy the inside themed queue area while you are waiting. All of it is going to waste in my opinion, which is sad. Also, it is much cooler to be waiting in there than outside.

Yeah. What really bugs me is the way the Star Tours queue is neglected. I still don't understand why the left queue is used for both fastpass and standby while the right queue is left unused. Why not just run fastpass through the right hand side, letting standby enjoy the queue in it's entirety?

Techie7
02-24-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

On one trip through the Temple of Mara, I think my jeep stalled about five or six times at various points starting with the rat room.

Actually I was curious if this is happening more and more. The last few trips I have taken on Indy I have had the same trouble of stoping. I have not gotten lucky to hold in a visible area. But it seems like every trip I have taken lately has gotten stuck by issues at the load/unload. Maybe I just notice it more. Also I agree about experiencing the queue's. They are a big part of the ride experience in getting you ready for the attraction.

Uncle Dick
02-24-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Techie7

Actually I was curious if this is happening more and more.

I haven't noticed. I ride Indy quite frequently and I haven't had any troubles since around October last year. I have noticed that the newly enhanced "rat drop thingy" works only sporadically and the 1st half of the bug room hasn't worked in months.

bluepearl
02-24-2002, 10:46 PM
On a few of the rides my friends and I have made on Indy, the Jeep didn't stall right before the rat room image (where it stalls in the dark, then gets started again). So we zoom through that room, but the smoke screen hasn't had enough time to re-generate and that entire effect is useless. And then, strangely, we stall in the room where the skeletons throw the arrows - right at the beginning of the room.

Then tonight, we did stall before we were supposed to see the rat image, and there wasn't a smoke screen at all. I rolled my eyes and came to two assumptions: the smoke screen machine is broken (either wasn't working at all today or has been broken for some time and cannot make the full smoke screen) or they're sending in a lot of Jeeps and there isn't enough time for the smoke screen to re-generate. If I were a "trip of a lifetime" visitor, I would've been disappointed.

LightGuy20
02-24-2002, 11:20 PM
I do think that fastpass does impact the whole experience since you don't get to fully imerse yourself in the queue. At least I've done Indy a lot and I've seen the translations of all the writings in there. (In addition to doing them myself when I waited in line the first time right after it opened and you got the code key card.)

I was surprised when the new Autopia didn't really seem like they planned for fastpass. I would have liked to at least watched some of those little car videos on the second level, but I've never been in line there long enough to see them, usually it's just a walk by. And when they let the standby people into the line, those who have been waiting really don't appreciate people holding up the line to watch the little videos. I was surpised they didn't design the queue with something more for the whole standby section to do.

One of the best things about Disney attractions is the entire experience, and that doesn't just include what happens after you reach the load zone. Star Tours wouldn't be the same without all that preshow. You couldn't really have the Haunted Mansion without the stretching room and hallway.