PDA

View Full Version : Tiana's Mardi Gras Celebration

AVP
02-05-2010, 10:28 AM
A new atmosphere show called Tiana's Mardi Gras Celebration kicks off in New Orleans Square today. Princess Tiana, the Jambalaya Jazz band and several dancers parade from the Court of Angels to the upper terrace in front of French Market, where they stop to perform several songs from The Princess and the Frog. The show is performed several times each day, check the printed entertainment schedule when you arrive for that day's showtimes. The show is weather-sensitive, so don't expect performances on rainy days. Tiana's Mardi Gras Celebration is scheduled to perform through Labor Day, Sept. 6.

This weekend's showtimes (Friday - Tuesday, weather permitting) are 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 3:00, 4:00 & 5:00.

AVP

shan7805
02-05-2010, 10:39 AM
WOOHOO!! SO glad to see Princess Tiana back out in a show, was afraid Disney was ready to "lock" her up in the vault! :)

olegc
02-05-2010, 12:23 PM
WOOHOO!! SO glad to see Princess Tiana back out in a show, was afraid Disney was ready to "lock" her up in the vault! :)

while I love the music - the "format" is nothing different than when Queenie and her band came out and did the same exact thing two or three times a day. Now it's PatF tunes, but same deal otherwise....

disney42dude
02-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Awesome! Can't wait to see and hear them sing again!

lowfidelity
02-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Does this mean that the boat show that was supposed to start again in May when the ROA fill back up will not happen?

Just curious.

MammaSilva
02-06-2010, 07:42 AM
Does this replace the show that Queenie used to do?

olegc
02-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Does this replace the show that Queenie used to do?

my guess is yes. did they not suspend the show while the Showboat Jubilee was held?

the format of the show sounds exactly like Queenie's show (from Angel's court, through streets, to brick platform in front of French Market) so I doubt they will do two similar shows.

MammaSilva
02-06-2010, 09:22 AM
I agree, they aren't likely to have two shows so similar in the same area. We didn't get a chance to see the new show when we were there last November but we do love the show that Queenie and the band put on, I'll be looking forward to comparing the two this spring.

TowerofTerror
02-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Awesome to know they got Tiana Show back even though for now its not on the Mark Twain

HauntedKid
02-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Yes! I loved the boat thing, this should work for now.... :)

GoldenEars
02-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Rumor has it that this extremely watered down version of TSJ is only supposed to last until the RoA is back up again. At which time, the *real* show will be brought back on the at boat!

I saw TMGC, and altho it's really cute, it doesn't compare to TSJ. It is what it is for the time being. The cast does a great job and I'm glad Princess Tiana is back. But she needs her rightful spot, along with Prince Naveen and the rest of the cast on that boat.

lauramaynot
02-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Rumor has it that this extremely watered down version of TSJ is only supposed to last until the RoA is back up again. At which time, the *real* show will be brought back on the at boat!

I saw TMGC, and altho it's really cute, it doesn't compare to TSJ. It is what it is for the time being. The cast does a great job and I'm glad Princess Tiana is back. But she needs her rightful spot, along with Prince Naveen and the rest of the cast on that boat.

I like this rumor. My DD really wants to see Tiana when we go next month so we were glad to hear she would be *somewhere* hopefully the riverboat version will be back soon!

stan4d_steph
02-08-2010, 05:50 AM
I didn't stay for the whole show, but I was really impressed with what I saw of the Showboat Jubilee -- live music, large cast, guest participation. I'm glad to hear it may be coming back. It fits in nicely with the New Orleans Square theme too.

Sansarc
02-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Where is the court of angels? And by terrace . . . do you mean it ends upstairs? On a balcony?

Rumpelteazer
02-08-2010, 07:41 PM

A few things don't sound right with this. First off, I called DL today and was told the new Tiana show would be there until Labor Day. This mirrors what AVP said in the beginning. Second, people keep talking about (not on this thread) how the riverboat show will come back in May to promote the dvd release. Disney Store is now pre-selling it and it comes out mid-March. I'm not sure they are going to pull a show being "advertised" as showing til Labor Day to promote a movie that's been out for two months. I know Disney always has the perogative to do what they want, and I absolutely loved the showboat show, but I don't think all the cards are lining up for it to come back. I guess when they hold auditions for a showboat show we'll know for sure. :)

heatherya
02-08-2010, 09:52 PM
we caught a bit of this show on sunday. we were walking by on our way to the pooh ride, and i heard tiana singing. at first i thought they were playing music over the speakers, then we saw the crowd. there were a few musicians, a couple of back up singers, and tiana in full dress (beautiful!) singing I'm Almost There. we didn't stay to watch, but what i saw looked good :)