PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pier Is it worth the $?

Corrieandles
02-20-2003, 09:56 AM
I'm planning a trip with my mom for the end of May beginning of June. I'm 25 and she is 50 something...:) I'm wondering if the Paradise Pier also offers some "Disney Magic" as the Disneyland Hotel does. If not staying at the actual Disneyland Hotel, would my money be better spent at say the Hilton? Any other recommendations would be much appreciated. It's my mom's first time to Disneyland....I'm so excited to share this with her finally!!!!

lisap
02-20-2003, 10:05 AM
I think the Paradise Pier is a nice hotel, especially if you get a DCA Park view. Even though it's the farthest walk from the parks, and a bit more subdued, I still get the Disney Feeling. I've been annoyed waiting for the shuttle buses from the Hilton and Marriot--but that's just me. Is your mom a good walker? I doubt the distance to the PP will bother her if she can hike around at Disneyland all day:). Have a great trip-

Ps. If you do decide to stay off property, I would go with the Marriot over the Hilton.

MouseWife
02-20-2003, 10:33 AM
I think you can get a great feeling from the PP.

The decor has Disney accents and it is a very nice hotel.

Plus, it is a short walk to the 'grounds' in front of the Disneyland Hotel, set inbetween the two. A lot of fun.

Downtown Disney isn't too far of a walk either So, to get the spirit is just a few moments away. : )

Tref
02-20-2003, 12:04 PM
I had a great time at the PP Hotel. I didn't mind the walk, either (and you WILL have to do some walking). The view of DCA is essential, though, I think I may have balked if I had been placed elsewhere.

Hmm, in fact, PP may have the best view of ANY of the Disney run hotels. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

I remain,

chelbell
02-20-2003, 12:22 PM
You're right Tref....it does have the best park views of all the resort hotels. I think Paradise Pier is a great hotel! We have stayed there several times. I think you would definately get a Disney "feel" there. As for the walk, it's really NOT that far. It is a little further than the other resort hotels, but it's a nice walk. I am a firm believer that it's worth the extra $$$ to stay on property. However, we have stayed off-property also, and the Hilton is our favorite. The Coast Anaheim (formerly WestCoast Anaheim) is also nice, or at least it was when we were there a few years ago. We had a room with a great view of Disneyland, and the prices are much less than the Hilton. Happy planning! :D