PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Parade in late March!

Pages : [1] 2

bduff
02-05-2010, 07:08 AM
The Disney website just released the entertainment scheduled for Fri 3/19, and they show the EP for that day. I thought I read on other threads that there was no way the EP was going to run before summer this year. We're going to begin our visit on 3/29. Hopefully the EP will run again during the week we're there.

wvnative
02-05-2010, 07:21 AM
I saw that this morning too. I'm eccited! It's a must see for us, okay - for me. lol Now I just need to convince the kid(s) that our first timer just can't miss it.

kkmickey
02-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Yay!!!! I am so happy - I will be there at the end of March, and I haven't seen the Electrical Parade for a few years. :) :) :) It almost makes up for no F! (almost!)

hjschulz
02-05-2010, 08:25 AM
That can only mean one thing. Huge crowds for spring break!

Malcon10t
02-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Well, since they aren't running Fantasmic!, they probably needed another nighttime draw. ELP will be nice!

HauntedKid
02-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Ok...so...I`ve red, from another site, dont quite recall the name...that they will bring to Disnyeland this parade...I know that maybe it`s a bit anoying since I`ve asked this before...but is is true?? For the 55th celebration?? Does anyone know?? thanx :D

Darkbeer
02-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Currently at Disneyland.com, the Disney's Electrical Parade is return nightly starting March 19th. Alas, it doesn't show an end date due to the way the system works, But an educated guess is April 11th, or 18th.

cstephens
02-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Currently at Disneyland.com, the Disney's Electrical Parade is return nightly starting March 19th. Alas, it doesn't show an end date due to the way the system works, But an educated guess is April 11th, or 18th.

I'm thinking HauntedKid is asking about the Electrical Parade coming back to *Disneyland*, not DCA.

AVP
02-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Make plans to see the Electrical Parade during this spring run, because it's heading to Walt Disney World this summer (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=1506316#post1506316) as part of their Summer Nightastic promotion. I've asked Disney to confirm end dates for California, and I'm waiting for a reply - everyone is pretty tied up at the big WDW announcement event today.

AVP

BlkPearlCptn
02-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Make plans to see the Electrical Parade during this spring run, because it's heading to Walt Disney World this summer (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=1506316#post1506316) as part of their Summer Nightastic promotion. I've asked Disney to confirm end dates for California, and I'm waiting for a reply - everyone is pretty tied up at the big WDW announcement event today.

AVP

So much for the rumors that it's going back to Disneyland. :(

janell
02-10-2010, 07:34 PM

AVP

Why are they taking it to WDW and not leaving it here? They could just build more floats for WDW. Is it due to WoC? Will the Electrical Parade come back to DCA?

I am not happy at all that they are not going to have Electrical Parade at DCA. Its a park that doesn't have much and they are taking more away?

AVP
02-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Why are they taking it to WDW and not leaving it here?My completely snarky opinion? Because they have no real idea what the crowds for World of Color are going to look like, and this is a perfect way to avoid having to establish crowd control procedures to deal with both shows during the opening weeks & months. By sending DEP over to WDW for the summer, they completely avoid the issue for now.

When I first heard about this, I told Tony "It's like they had a baby, and decided to send the older sibling to grandmas for the summer because it's too much work to take care of both of them."

AVP

houseofmouse
02-11-2010, 06:10 AM
I just read about the EP this morning. Such a bummer. I can understand a little, since they will need to figure out the logistics of WOC first.

I love EP though. Maybe we should add to this thread title, Ep in Late March but NOT this Summer!!

I fear the crowds at DL for Fireworks this summer if there is no EP!

janell
02-11-2010, 06:52 AM
My completely snarky opinion? Because they have no real idea what the crowds for World of Color are going to look like, and this is a perfect way to avoid having to establish crowd control procedures to deal with both shows during the opening weeks & months. By sending DEP over to WDW for the summer, they completely avoid the issue for now.

When I first heard about this, I told Tony "It's like they had a baby, and decided to send the older sibling to grandmas for the summer because it's too much work to take care of both of them."

AVP

I agree with you. I can total see them not wanting to deal with crowd control and taking the easyway out by sending DEP away. It sort of makes me not like WOC. I'm sure it will be a great show but I'm not sure it's great enough to replace a classic like DEP. There isn't much out there like DEP. If I want a water show I can go to Vegas, Bellagio(sp?) and that's free to watch that wTer show. No AP or ticket needed!

spectromen
02-11-2010, 08:17 AM
I can't believe this. The cost of shipping that whole thing to FL and then (maybe?) back? After Anaheim just spent millions upgrading it? And leaving both California parks without a nighttime parade during it's 55th anniversary? This is ridiculous.

What's more, WDW could easily use this as an excuse to NOT bring back Spectromagic, either, which would really be upsetting...

janell
02-11-2010, 09:53 AM
It just hit me, they are paying how much to ship DEP back to WDW and maybe then back to DLR? And they are raising the ticket prices and AP. Something is so wrong with this picture!

orchid2
02-11-2010, 11:21 AM
How sad we are losing one of the best parades ever ... sad we are losing it to WDW... it's one of the only parades that even men enjoy... think that Disney needs to change it's mind about this and not let it go... the water thing well it's not like a real parade and the kids will not get into it like they do the beautiful lights and all the movement with this parade.... bye the way I have to agree with people stating our prices are going up here where we are already having problems affording the AP and Disney's spending all the money to ship this across the US... makes no sense to me.... going to miss that parade alot....

houseofmouse
02-11-2010, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE=spectromen;1506529]I can't believe this. The cost of shipping that whole thing to FL and then (maybe?) back? After Anaheim just spent millions upgrading it? And leaving both California parks without a nighttime parade during it's 55th anniversary? This is ridiculous.
/QUOTE]

How do you think they get the money to pay for all this??:mad:

What are the chances we will see a new parade? Maybe not this year....

cstephens
02-11-2010, 12:44 PM
It just hit me, they are paying how much to ship DEP back to WDW and maybe then back to DLR?

I don't think it's that uncommon for them to ship parade floats, though this is for a fairly limited time, I would think. When the parade was at WDW previously, it was our original floats, with modifications.

There have been parades that have been shipped around amongst the international parks as well. There's a parade that the husband wants to see, and I can't remember if it's in Tokyo or Paris right now.

olegc
02-11-2010, 01:06 PM
on crowd control - it's not that they don't want to deal. I would think they have no clue how to handle that bottleneck that will be created when everyone decides to leave. And - not knowing the crowd patterns for those not in the viewing pen, er, zone. I don't like it either but I think it's a smart idea - on paper. If the crowds hold up all summer they will be justified since the EP did not carry that much weight anymore. However, the one benefit they do lose is spreading out the crowd versus concentrating it in one location. Maybe MP should have a new category - WoC Crowd Experiences.. it will fill up nicely..

then again, maybe it will be like the Olympcis and everyone will stay away....

Nah! :p

Rumpelteazer
02-11-2010, 02:08 PM
I just read about the EP this morning. Such a bummer. I can understand a little, since they will need to figure out the logistics of WOC first.

I love EP though. Maybe we should add to this thread title, Ep in Late March but NOT this Summer!!

I fear the crowds at DL for Fireworks this summer if there is no EP!

Don't fear the firework crowds, they will all still be at DCA waiting for World of Color.:)

janell
02-11-2010, 02:59 PM
I don't think it's that uncommon for them to ship parade floats, though this is for a fairly limited time, I would think. When the parade was at WDW previously, it was our original floats, with modifications.

There have been parades that have been shipped around amongst the international parks as well. There's a parade that the husband wants to see, and I can't remember if it's in Tokyo or Paris right now.

Interesting that they ship floats internationally. One would think it would be cheaper to just make a new float then to send it over seas. :)

I guess Im sick of Disney not allowing certain things to stay in certain parks. DEP belongs in DLR, WDW has so much and DLR just doesn't. I wish they leave things alone. They could have just let DEP go dark for the first few months of WOC and see how to best handle the crowds. It wont be all that hard, they just need to do the times for each show at different times. Who knows DCA could end up being more of a night park with two show/parade at night. Being in the parks at night is a lot of fun, so why not market it that way?

BrandonH
02-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Why not ship SpectroMagic to California and give the other coast a chance to experience it? That seems to be a more elegant solution than shipping the same parade back to DCA or Disneyland again.

spectromen
02-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Brandon - that's been entertained before but some of Spectro's floats are too large for our parade route here. However, never say never - they love to ship things to other parks and whittle them down to nothing...<cough> Fantillusion at <cough> DLP....:eyeroll:

The Evil Queen
02-15-2010, 07:39 PM
I saw this in the DLR Update.."If you want to catch a final look at Disney's Electrical Parade before it "glows away" for the summer, the show will be presented nightly March 19 through April 11, and again April 14–18."

My son has never seen this parade. I totaly psyched that we get to experience it before it goes away! Yeah!!!:p