PDA

View Full Version : DISNEY'S AMERICA in Anaheim

Pony Sugrue
02-19-2003, 03:33 PM
Well now that there is talk of Disney possibly changing the theme of DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE to DISNEY'S AMERICA... what do you all think of this?

Morrigoon
02-19-2003, 03:44 PM
I'm behind the idea. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8040&highlight=disneys+america)

cemeinke
02-19-2003, 08:24 PM
I think Disney's America runs into the same problems as DCA, why go to a fake version of "fill in the blank" when you can go see the real one.

I think that any historic or reality-based representations will always be criticised, or end up boring.

I'd rather see something the lends itself to unrestricted imagination - maybe american film, literature, or art might work. Gangster-noir hollywood? Woodsy Walden Pond? Abstract-Expressionist Land?

jrad32
02-19-2003, 09:20 PM
While Disney's America does have more restrictions in themeing then say Disneyland, I still back the idea. I'm extremely disappointed with DCA, and a revamp can only help. That is if they spend the money and do it right.

But I have to wonder if that's going to happen with the economy what it is and the way things seem to be working at Disney.

It would be nice if they shifted the funding on the proposed Epcott-discoveryland redo to a redo for DCA. Sorry East Coasters, but an old Epcot is still better than the new park we have out west.

MammaSilva
02-19-2003, 09:25 PM
Personally I think they should just call it Disney Adventure... leave any other description out then they can do whatever they want and not be held to a certain theme that they can't carry off well

jrad32
02-19-2003, 09:28 PM
As long as they do something, and do it soon.

MrTheFrog
02-19-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva
Personally I think they should just call it Disney Adventure... leave any other description out then they can do whatever they want and not be held to a certain theme that they can't carry off well

I was actually thinking of something similar to this idea recently, but simply changing the name to "Disney California's Adventures" or "Disney Adventures- California". And it could basically be Disney's version of "Islands of Adventure", with no definitive theme, just lots of exciting things to do. And if Orlando wanted to follow suit, they can open "Disney Florida's Adventures" or "Disney Adventures -Florida".
Just an idea,
-Artie

Morrigoon
02-19-2003, 11:27 PM
Then ditch the "adventure" moniker in favor of Disney's Discoveryland. After all, people want a simple name that they can exclude "Disney's" from in normal speech. And "Adventure" is just too darn close to Adventureland for my tastes. At least "Discoveryland" isn't used in SoCal at present (since we have Tomorrowland).

Or, at least call it Americot.

Duane
02-20-2003, 11:33 AM
I had no idea that Disney was considering changing the name, are you sure or is this just a rumor? I think the important thing to do is to change the contents of the park, not the name. I don't feel any Disney magic in this park at all. It seems too much like a cheap traveling fair. Poor theming and low cost attractions are destroying the possibilities of success for this park. You have to spend money to make money!

Disney Nick
02-20-2003, 02:01 PM
Well, if they built Westcot there'd be no problems here.... :)

YellowMan
02-20-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Then ditch the "adventure" moniker in favor of Disney's Discoveryland. After all, people want a simple name that they can exclude "Disney's" from in normal speech. And "Adventure" is just too darn close to Adventureland for my tastes. At least "Discoveryland" isn't used in SoCal at present (since we have Tomorrowland).

Or, at least call it Americot. I'm gonna have to disagree with anything ending in land. It just sounds like an extension of Disneyland Park, which would just make people even more angry when they find out that they have to pay extra for an extension of Disneyland.