PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland for wife's b-day

brentm77
02-19-2003, 07:11 AM
I posted awhile back about surprising my wife with a trip to Disneyland for her birthday. What I was wondering is if there is a good place to get birthday cake on the disneyland resort property, or somewhere nearby. Or even better, can you get birthday cake in the Disneyland itself?

We have a rental car and are staying with family in near Mile Square park. If we need to get the cake off property it doesn't have to be that close to the resort. I just don't want to buy gross grocery store cake, I would like it to be good quality.

Thanks,
Brent

MouseWife
02-19-2003, 07:56 AM
http://www.letseatoc.com/bakeries.htm

I can't vouche for any of these bakeries.

Wait, I have purchased cakes from Knott's Berry Farms Bakery. Delicious.

disneydana
02-19-2003, 08:02 AM
If you are planning on eating lunch or dinner at the Blue Bayou, you can order a cake when you make your reservations with Disney Dining (714) 781-DINE. The cakes are made at the Disneyland Hotel Bakery and are VERY good. I am about 99% sure that you can get a cake for the Blue Bayou so if I am wrong... I am sooo sorry.

There are also some GREAT restaurants at the 3 hotels that you can also order a cake and have with dinner. Just a short distance from the parks.

kranders
02-19-2003, 09:20 AM
We ate at the Blue Bayou for my wifes birthday 2 weeks ago and didn't want to make a big deal about it. We mentioned it to the waiter at dessert time and they brought her a personal cake with a candle in it...at no charge.:D

Make sure you stop at City Hall and get a "It's my Birthday" sticker for her. It makes the day special when all the CMs (and guests) notice it and say happy birthday. My wife proudly wore hers and it boldly stated that she was 49!!!

brentm77
02-19-2003, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the quick info. I called and made reservations on the Blue Bayou. I wasn't going to spend the money this trip to eat there, but I figured if I am taking her all the way to Disneyland for her B-day, we better do it right.

The said they could order a cake, but then we would have a cake to carry around. So I am going to tell them it is her B-Day and see if they can put a candle in desert or maybe they will bring her a piece of cake like Kranders mentioned.

Thanks for the tip on the b-day sticker too!

By the way, does anyone know how the crowds have been today or yesterday?

Thanks,
Brent