PDA

View Full Version : Matterhorn and Small World are in beautiful condition!

Disneyfreak
02-18-2003, 02:58 PM
I had a chance to visit Disneyland yesterday. I went on matterhorn and small world. Matterhorn I have noticed they repainted the whole track. Especially where it rusted up from the water. The wheels on the cars have been replaced which give a better ride. I am so joyed that I couldnt tell a difference in the walls width. I love all of the plants they installed. My favorite part of it was that when you go where Harold growls at you, they blasted the growl and it scared me literally. They turned up the volume finally. The only downside was that there were still holes mainly in the lift area on the roof, but no big deal. The ride looks very clean and the track is in great condition. The spanish spiel is back and everything is even better than it was. \

Small world I was blown away by what they did with the sound track. It was a trillion times better than it was. But you have to be a fan to know the difference. The end was my favorite because the sound track showed the most change there.

Hope you can ride these soon!
post your comments about these rides here.

tazart
02-18-2003, 03:19 PM
I am hoping to go tomorrow morning. I'll report back then.

Morrigoon
02-18-2003, 09:00 PM
Agreed. Disney deserves a round of applause for their recent restoration work.

vnell61
02-19-2003, 10:04 AM
Great news! Maybe they are finally going to straighten up and give us back the Disneyland we expect.

Pirate Bill
02-19-2003, 01:27 PM
I was there this last weekend. Can't say much about Small World (other than it looked great). I don't really remember much about the sound. In fact, I do try to avoid that ride. About 1/2 way though I start wishing the sound actually stops... or there's some missing, lost verse we haven't heard before.

The Matterhorn was really cool. I noticed all the cars had been cleaned really well. The trees added a nice touch. I had heard that there was supposed to be a new scene added on one of the tracks. The only thing that stands out is when on the initial climb on the right side track, there was a lighted, mist thing to your right. Maybe that was always there, I also can't recall EVERYTHING about that ride either. What was the new scene?

I did, however, notice that it was running quite slow. Both sides in fact. It might have been because of all the larger holes now that caused a difference in 'relative' speed... now between you and objects on the ground instead of all the walls and smaller openings?? I just didn't feel any speed anymore. Oh well. It did ride a little smoother though, but some turns are still quite a jolt.

Anyone else??
-- Mike

justagrrl
02-19-2003, 01:49 PM
We had a lovely ride on Small World today.

Didn't get to ride Matterhorn. The ride was wrapped around the mountain and as we went by on the Monorail, it stopped running altogether. I overheard other guests say something to the effect of "again. it was down earlier".

Is it having problems for some reason?

Cadaverous Pallor
02-20-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Pirate Bill
I did, however, notice that it was running quite slow. I haven't ridden it since it reopened, but here's my 2 cents. In my experience, the ride speed is definitely linked to the time of day. The later it is in the day, the faster it runs. Most coasters are like this, but the Matterhorn is the most reliable on this. It's simply a matter of the track warming up.

Must....get.....to....park! I am so mad I was blocked last weekend. :mad: :mad: :mad:

theg0ldensnitch
02-20-2003, 11:41 AM
My Boyfriend and I are going to DLR on Saturday and we can't wait to ride Matterhorn. It is his favorite ride. :)

tazart
02-21-2003, 07:25 PM
So I finally get to DLR 2 days after I thought I would. Matterhorn looks great! The new eyes of the beast remind me of some of the tail light effects some people have on their street rods. You know, mostly red but looks purple in the center. It's kinda like that.

Small World sounds terrific! I listened with great care and I really liked how each area had a more distinct sound to set it apart from the other areas. What I found most different were the Hawai'i area and the one right after it. Very well done. It also looks like the sets as you enter and as you leave the building are new. Help me out with this, is this correct? It's been a while since I have been on the ride in its non-holiday mode.

I have to go now. I just discovered I'm bleeding. :eek:

Disneyfreak
02-21-2003, 10:47 PM
They didnt add the animal plants, they just added horns tails etc. Hope you get that cut taken care of LOL!!:crying:

LIMANDL4EVA
02-21-2003, 11:14 PM
didnt see much of a difference on the matterhorn, maybe a little smoother on the right side, but nothing HUGE. im speechless when i think of what small world was a year ago compared to what it is now, (painting of the facade, upkeep of the ride it self, SOUNDTRACK, lighting) its AWESOME!

Disneyfreak
02-21-2003, 11:21 PM
Anyone have pictures of small world at night! I would appretiate it.
Thanks!:)

cemeinke
02-22-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
Anyone have pictures of small world at night! I would appretiate it.
Thanks!:)

Here you go:

Small World at Night (http://www.linkline.com/personal/cemeinke/img/Disneyland%202027.jpg)

Tigertail777
02-22-2003, 01:27 AM
Holy crap cemeinke! What a beautiful pic! did you take it??

cemeinke
02-22-2003, 09:08 AM
Yup me and my Cannon S30 (Good choice HBTiggerFan ;) )

MonorailMan
02-22-2003, 05:59 PM
Finally! I get to hide the 'horn tomorrow. :)

Ace
02-22-2003, 07:24 PM
I'm going Tuesday, so I'll finally get to ride both of them. Unfortunately, Splash Mountain will be closed, although the ROA might be open, since i'm going to cry enough (over splash) to fill it.

Matterhorn Fan
02-23-2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
Finally! I get to hide the 'horn tomorrow. :) Will this magic trick be televised live, or will I have to download the video tomorrow? ;)

MonorailMan
02-23-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
Will this magic trick be televised live, or will I have to download the video tomorrow? ;)

LOL. :)

I can't belive I made that mistake. :o :D