PDA

View Full Version : Took a different kind of survey tonight...

Tinkermommy
01-27-2010, 06:24 PM
The Tinkerteen and I went to Disneyland this evening JUST for dinner -- yay! (First time since we moved in; fulfillment of a dream! :p)

Anyway, as we were leaving, we were approached by one of those survey takers who wanted to know if we were leaving. When I said we were, she asked if I'd answer a few questions. I advised her we were AP'rs, thinking she wouldn't be interested in our answers, but that wasn't the case.

They were doing a food and beverage survey, and she took me to a tiny room through a side door of the tour center next to City Hall. Only one person from each party was allowed to go inside, so I went in alone. Inside, there were 4-5 tiny workstations, each with what reminded me of a little rolltop desk, and a little computer. It only took about five minutes and covered what we ate, how we felt about the food and the service, where we got it, who was in our party, ages, income, zip code, etc.

Just thought I'd mention it since we've taken a lot of surveys at the DLR, but had never been inside the tiny room!

Bytebear
01-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Wow, I have done those surveys online several times, but never at the park. My partner seems to be a survey magnet as he is asked about ever other visit to take a survey.

Nikara
01-27-2010, 07:59 PM
I did a survey once when I was walking out of the house. I went into the exit of the Opera house, where they had several computers set up for surveys. Mine was also about food. This was maybe 6 months ago.

DaDuckFan1955
01-29-2010, 03:11 PM
I did a survey once when I was walking out of the house. I went into the exit of the Opera house, where they had several computers set up for surveys. Mine was also about food. This was maybe 6 months ago.

Yeah we did one like that around May, just off Main Street also.

Britt W
01-30-2010, 03:16 PM
I did the same survey but it was at DCA.

Drince88
01-30-2010, 06:30 PM
I've done that type of survey before, but at Epcot. AND they didn't make me go by myself (when I was with my sister).

Ish68
01-30-2010, 11:15 PM
i did the same survey at DCA a few months ago.

aznewsboy
01-31-2010, 04:36 PM
My hubby did a survey couple years ago on our last night coming out of DCA. He went into a tent & got $20 for his time. That was a nice surprise.

codewoman
01-31-2010, 05:11 PM
So they're thinking about the food! Perhaps some improvement is upcoming?

Carollea
01-31-2010, 06:53 PM
Geez, I hope so. I was very bummed when we went to blue bayou and The Flying Dutchman cookie boat AND the creme brulee trio were removed from the menu.

danyoung
02-04-2010, 08:20 AM
So, Tinkermommy, where did you eat, what did you have, and how did you answer the questions?

Disneyfan Kev
02-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Does Disney give anything in return for taking the time out to complete the survey? I've been surveyed at other parks before but they gave out rewards in the form of front of the line passes or a free dessert. I imagine Disneyland doesn't do the same, but I'm not sure...

HauntedKid
02-05-2010, 09:15 AM
well I`ve taken some surveys and have received nothing in return...yet it`s fun to take`em :)

Tinkermommy
02-05-2010, 12:57 PM
While we've occasionally received stickers for taking on-the-spot surveys, the only reward for this one was the satisfaction of getting to go through a tiny door I'd never noticed into a room I didn't know existed at Disneyland. (And I'd have done it for nothing! :p)

DwarfPlanet
02-11-2010, 02:02 PM
We got hit up to take this survey Monday night. One thing that jumped out was they were asking about the cost of drinks. I said it was ridiculous what they charged for water, $3.00 a bottle gets you a case of water on sale at the store. Another complaint I gave was what I considered inconsistancy. I can get a pretty good meal for between $6-10, but I thought it was ridiculous (must have been my favorite word that night) to charge $4.75 for a piece of corn on the cob.

CindyR
02-16-2010, 01:38 AM
I did the survey in DCA tonight, and funny enough we had been in DL, but decided to go to DCA to get Mexican food because they have the chicken tamales but DL doesn't. So we get there and lo and behold they're out of them and instead substituting chicken tacos. So I actually got to comment on that. I made sure not to overexaggerate my disappointment, but still nice to mildly complain.