PDA

View Full Version : DLH [Disneyland Hotel] rates in April

kranders
02-18-2003, 08:58 AM
I'm looking to book the Disneyland Hotel on April 5-7th(MA weekend:)) and was quoted $189 as the AP rate. Expedia shows $194 and MousePlanet Travel $219.

This is much higher than I've ever paid before. Does anyond know of a large convention or event that may be boosting the rates?

MouseWife
02-18-2003, 12:30 PM
I don't have a clue.

But, I am wondering if they are getting wise to the fact that a lot of people have year round school and generally have a spring month off {we have pretty much all of April} and figure they can keep the prices up?

I don't like it, no sir I do not. :mad:

But that is just my thinking. :D

downingfamily1
02-18-2003, 02:13 PM
I ran into the same thing. There is no AP deal other than the 10% off. They assure me this is a great deal, but really it's not. I booked packages for the rest of my party who don't have AP's and they got tickets and everything for less than $300 more than my room only with my AP "discount."
One really helpful gal at the hotel number told me to keep checking back to see if something comes up. She thought something probably would come up late January or early February, so far nothing. The cast members have been rather short with me when I call and check so I wonder if they are skipping major discounts for a while?
-Julie

kranders
02-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by downingfamily1
The cast members have been rather short with me when I call and check so I wonder if they are skipping major discounts for a while? I've experienced this also. The CMs are generally very nice and pleasant, but this last week the gentleman on the phone was pretty short and rude!

parveen50
02-18-2003, 06:58 PM
I had phoned mid - January about an AP rate for 1st week of May - I was quoted $213/night as the best rate. I talked to a CM last week as well - she was actually quite helpful, and said that the really good rates for March should come out in a few days - She indicated to ask for "Super Sunday" rates - although they are not good for just Sundays only.
I have noticed that on Expedia - best rates are for under 2 weeks ahead.
Good luck!

chelbell
02-18-2003, 09:11 PM
Hello all. I just called Disneyland Resort on Sunday, and the lady I spoke with was SO nice! I asked her if there were any discounts available, and she told me that there is one available thru May 14th...code LMQ......I checked prices for 5/4-5/8 and they were: Disneyland Hotel....pool view upper floors $169....lower floors $163.....Grand Californian....theme park view $208.....Downtown Disney view $195.....city/courtyard view...$179. I'm assuming that when she said "thru May 14th", that April would be included? You might want to try it. Hope this helps.:D

kranders
02-19-2003, 07:00 AM
chelbell,
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try and let you know what I find out.

oohykitten
02-19-2003, 12:27 PM
that is A LOT!!! I only paid 300, for an ocean view room at the Ritz, Valentines weekend!

kranders
02-25-2003, 10:55 AM
Chelbell,
Thanks, you just saved me mucho $$$.

I called DLH and asked for their BEST rate...told her that I have a Premium AP and AAA. She quoted me $187 as the BEST rate, a lower level city view. Then I mentioned the LMQ code you gave me!;)

"Oh...you want the 'LMQ' rate??!!" I got a $139 dollar rate for a lower level pool view room!:D

chelbell
02-25-2003, 11:21 AM
YEAH!!!!!:D Good for you! It's amazing what they wont give you until you ask for it!! I hope you have a great time, but, how could you not have a great time with a pool view at the Disneyland Hotel??:p ;)