PDA

View Full Version : AP parking Qs

Doodle Duck
02-18-2003, 05:13 AM
So...as I understand it an AP with the P for parking MUST park IN the structure is that correct? (or Pay for parking).

How does one park in the Pinocchio lot next to the structure? Is that just overflow?

Thanks

EandCDad
02-18-2003, 05:56 AM
The Pinocchio lot is basically part of the structure. They park it on busy days and oversize vehicles park there. We've been parked there a couple of times when it was a more crowded day at the park. You enter the same way as you enter the structure, but after you pass the toll booth, you just get sent left instead of right.

It isn't necessarily "overflow" in that they don't wait till the structure is full to park it. They just seem to park it on days when they expect the structure to be full. We've gotten there before opening and been parked there when the structure was empty.

I think if you have AP parking, it is technically only good for Mickey and Friends (the structure); however, I have heard of people saying they parked in the Lion King lots.

Doodle Duck
02-18-2003, 05:58 AM
I'll give it a try (Lion King) today and see what happens.
Thanks

unoriginal
02-18-2003, 09:31 AM
The last 3 times my gf and I have gone we got sent to the Lion King lot. We usually get there about 2-3 pm, so I wonder if the time of day has anything to do with it.

adriennek
02-18-2003, 09:55 AM
I've sometimes asked to park in the Pinocchio lot. A long time ago they let me. Then the next time I asked, they were really rude about it and I haven't asked again. This was later in the day, when it's not too crowded going into the structure that I asked.

It's one of those things, I think, that it depends on the attitude of the CM you ask at the moment.

Adrienne K

Wizard69
02-18-2003, 10:12 AM
Usually if you go through the Disney Way (Lion King) lot, they will send you to Pinocchio to park. I went through there twice and both times they sent me to Pinocchio.

Doodle Duck
02-18-2003, 10:07 PM
Today we went right through Lion King Main Entrance with everyone else...and we were ALL funneled over to the structure.
This was about Noon or a bit after.
I hate that thing. Why are the floors so wavy and it's all so uneven. Truely I don't like being in there.

Kimi_Coconuts
02-19-2003, 12:31 PM
We usually use the Lion King parking lot unless it's closed, it's a much easier parking lot to use, they have never refused us.

DLfreak
02-20-2003, 10:09 AM
I usually ask to park in Chip and Dale. They are usually pretty good about it, unless it's really crowded. But I usually go on Wednesdays, so that's not usually a problem. But sometimes if the CM seems to maybe not be having a good day they won't let us. I would think they would let you park in Pinnochio if you asked.
And also, last week when I asked to park in Chip and Dale, the CM said enjoy it while we can because they are talking about turning it into preferred parking. Anybody heard about this? I wonder if it will be something offered with APs?? :confused: