PDA

View Full Version : Special Valentine's Day Menus

stan4d_steph
01-26-2010, 10:48 AM
The Disneyland Parks Blog released some information on special dining menus for Valentine's Day at Steakhouse 55 and Carnation Cafe. Here's a link to the full article (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/01/special-valentines-day-menus-available-at-disneyland-resort-restaurants/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+DisneyParks+(Disney+Parks+Blog) ).

What do you think of the menus? Is anyone planning to go to those or to any other DL restaurant on Valentine's Day?

AVP
01-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Disney sent the full menus to me, so I'll go ahead and post them here:

Steakhouse 55

Happy Valentines Day!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Great Beginnings

Celebration Etched Champagne Flutes Filled with Your Choice of:

“Magicale” Sparkling Sweet Brachetto Rose
-or-
Iron Horse Fairytale Cuvee

First Sensation
Your Choice of these Great Beginnings

“Steakhouse 55” Seven Onion Soup, Parmesan Crisp
-or-
“Wedge” Iceberg Lettuce, Vine-Ripened Tomato and Gorgonzola Dressing

Heart of the Matter
Your Choice of these Heart Warming Entrees

Certified Angus Filet Mignon
-or-
Broiled Halibut Steak with Lemon Caper Sauce
-or-
Shelton Free-Range Double Breast of Chicken
-or-
Portobello Mushroom Stack with Roasted Peppers

Side Choice of:

Steamed Asparagus Spears, Hollandaise
-or-
Chef’s Potato Stack Au Gratin

Sweet Temptations for the Sweet

To Share…

Heart Shaped Chocolate & Kahlua Mousse
with a Crispy Praline Center

Carnation Cafe:

Valentine’s Day at Carnation Café
Main Street USA
February 12, 13 and 14, 2010

Special Entree
Angel Hair Pasta
with Pesto Marinated Shrimp
and Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce

And for Dessert
Strawberry and Passion Fruit Shortcake with Whipped Heavy Cream

stan4d_steph
01-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Looks good. Did they give you the prices too?

AVP
01-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Looks good. Did they give you the prices too?Nope, but I'm gathering that info, along with some of the Downtown Disney menus.

AVP

MuckaMowie
01-26-2010, 07:51 PM
I called. . .no more Steakhouse 55 reservations left:crying:

disneymama4
01-26-2010, 09:13 PM
We went to disneyland for valentines day 2 years ago, and I dont know if they have it still but at the storytellers cafe they had a wonderful dinner and a fabulous all you can eat dessert bar.

samkj
01-27-2010, 06:20 PM
We're eating at Blue Bayou that day. I wonder if they'll have anything special.

AVP
01-31-2010, 05:09 PM
This will be in Monday's Disneyland Update, but here are the details for the Downtown Disney restaurants. All of the theme park and hotel restaurants are already booked for Valentine's Day except Carnation Cafe, so your options are limited if you don't already have reservations:

Catal will serve a three-course prix fixe Valentine's Day meal for $55 per person. Full menu also available. Call 714-774-4442 to make reservations, or book a table online through the Patina Group Web site (link).

First Course Selection (Choice of one)

Organic greens, Idiazàbal cheese, Medjool dates, almonds, citrus vinaigrette
Grilled diver scallop, shaved artichoke salad, blood orange “caviar,” tarragon oil
House made buttermilk cheese, wildflower honey, Harry’s berries, brioche croutons, Szechuan peppercorns
Hand-rolled pasta, Carlsbad Farms zucchini blossoms, unfiltered olive oil, green garlic, sweet shrimp
Jonah crab claws, Meyer lemon-tarragon aїoli
Roasted pepper soup, mascarpone ravioli, petite spigariello, aleppo pepper

Main Course Selection (Choice of one)

Licorice-scented duck breast and confit, toasted cashew polenta, organic beets in different textures
Jidori chicken breast, braised Napa cabbage, house cured pancetta, pearl onions
Slow-roasted market cod, piquillo pepper romesco sauce, clams, baby leeks, crispy potatoes
Braised short ribs with pearl barley risotto, farmers’ market vegetables, mustard pearls
Bucatini pasta, Uva meat balls, crushed tomato, Calabrian chilies, pecorino cheese
Wild mushroom risotto, house made truffle sausage, chive blossom, micro onions

Dessert (Choice of one)

Strawberry rhubarb tart, crème fraîche quenelle, hibiscus jus
Milk chocolate mousse, passion fruit crémeux, coconut dacquoise, strawberry jus

Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria will serve a three-course prix fixe Valentine's Day meal for $60 per couple. Full menu also available. Call 714-776-6200 to make reservations, or book a table online through the Patina Group Web site (link).

First course: Caesar or mista salad

Main course selection (Choice of one)

Pear gorgonzola ravioli white wine cream, toasted walnuts, lemon
Lobster ravioli roasted mushrooms, Champagne bubbles, tarragon pesto

Dessert selection (Choice of one; includes two glasses of dessert wine “Brachetto Magicale”)

Strawberry rhubarb tart, crème fraîche quenelle, hibiscus jus
Milk chocolate mousse, passion fruit crèmeux, coconut dacquoise, strawberry jus

Tortilla Jo's will serve a three-course prix fixe Valentine's Day meal for $40 per couple. Full menu also available. Call 714-535-5000 to make reservations, or book a table online through the Patina Group Web site (link).
First course - Lobster, poblano and buttery Yukon Gold potato chowder with charred corn salsa

Entrée - Roasted muscovy duck breast with habenero maple glaze, warm roasted beets, pineapple salsa and sweet bacon potato bacon gratin

Dessert - Strawberry rhubarb tart with crème fraîche, quenelle and hibiscus jus
Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen will serve their normal dinner menu, along with a special four-course Valentine's Day Call prix fixe menu and a raspberry white chocolate cheesecake dessert. Details were not finalized as of press time, but the final menu should be posted to the restaurant's Web site later this week (link). 714-776-5200 to make reservations.

olegc
01-31-2010, 08:01 PM
sorry to be a nudge - but if everything is already booked then what's the value of printing the menus?

bennette
01-31-2010, 08:19 PM
She said the hotel and theme park restaurants are booked, not the DTD venues?

AVP
01-31-2010, 08:31 PM
sorry to be a nudge - but if everything is already booked then what's the value of printing the menus? Re-read what I wrote above. I didn't provide the menus for the places that are booked out, I provided the menus for the four table service restaurants that are offering a special Valentine's Day menu AND still have space available.

AVP

olegc
02-01-2010, 06:24 AM
Re-read what I wrote above. I didn't provide the menus for the places that are booked out, I provided the menus for the four table service restaurants that are offering a special Valentine's Day menu AND still have space available.

AVP

ahh - thank you!