PDA

View Full Version : Favorite things at Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

Kandy
02-17-2003, 11:27 PM
Hey everyone,
Well I decided to start a positive thread because I got sick from the "hate" one. Anyways, what is something you always look forward to when you go to Disneyland. For me, it would have to be the characters, I love meeting them and taking pictures with them. The best is when a character recognizes you though, I always get excited.:) :) :)

So what do you guys always look forward to?

MouseWife
02-17-2003, 11:32 PM
I look forward to walking under the trestles and heading out to Main Street U.S.A.!!!

I love the smell of popcorn hitting me and seeing all of the happy people. I love hearing the music and looking into the store windows. I love seeing the Castle at the end of the street.

That, when it hits me, satisfies me pretty darn much. I really don't have a favorite ride, I just enjoy being there. But, I do love watching my kids have a good time. :)

Lashbear
02-18-2003, 12:00 AM
Walking under the berm and emerging into Main Street.. :)

Morrigoon
02-18-2003, 12:11 AM
Walking from the tunnel to the hub and feeling all my stress drain away.

Kandy
02-18-2003, 12:17 AM
I love the smell of the sweets at the end of mainstreet, and I enjoy sitting on the sidewalk and eating ice cream.

tjrj
02-18-2003, 05:51 AM
Yup, walking under the trestles and feeling the "real world" go away. Watching my husband's face as he plays with our boys on Tom Sawyer's Island-just like he played as a kid all those years ago. Can we still play there:( ? Fantasia ice cream-though the "old" Carnation Cafe was better.

merlinjones
02-18-2003, 06:32 AM
I most look forward to:

Skyway
Adventure Thru Inner Space
Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
Rocket Jets high above Tomorrowland
Submarine Voyage
CircleVision (American Journeys)
Slue Foot Sue's Golden Horseshoe Revue

Dinner at Tahitian Terrace Polynesian Revue
Lunch at Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and Skull Rock
:) :crying:

merlinjones
02-18-2003, 06:35 AM
>>Well I decided to start a positive thread because I got sick from the "hate" one. <<

I don't think there are many people around here who hate Disneyland (DCA maybe, but that hardly counts...).

CarlieB
02-18-2003, 12:22 PM
So many...

* Arriving at the gates on my first day
* Walking down Main St and taking in the sights/smells
*NOS in general
*My first ride at the Haunted Mansion
* Sharing a sundae at the Gibson Girl
* Taking in a show at the Golden Horseshoe
* Churros! (I am a recent convert!)

DJ_MENTOS
02-18-2003, 12:53 PM
A ride on the Jungle Cruise and a churro.

-DJ_MENTOS

mad4mky
02-18-2003, 01:00 PM
Just to walk under the train trestle...to Main Street...

I just get chills every time.:D

IndianaJenn
02-18-2003, 01:20 PM
I love leaving the "real world" and taking that walk down Main Street ... the musty smell of POTC ... the live music in New Orleans Square ... the load-in room on Space Mountain (because the line is almost done!) and the magical snowfall at Christmastime.

:)

02-18-2003, 01:24 PM
Besides the attractions ...

Choosing just one souvenir at the Adventureland bazaar
Mickey Mouse pancakes at the River Belle
Jazz at New Orleans Square
the way the Tomorrowland stage rises out of the ground
Parades of all kinds

tiggerandtink
02-18-2003, 01:41 PM
It sounds like I'm with the majority so far. Walking onto Main Street first thing in the morning we always go to the bakery and have something sweet with a cup of coffee and maybe grab an apple from the cart across the way then sit and watch Disneyland "wake up". That is my favorite time of the day, which is funny since I'm not a morning person in the real world.
Another thing that always makes me feel good at the parks is when I see random acts of kindness by people. I know that there are many things that people "hate" in the thread that inspired this one, but for every negative I may encounter there is always someone around the corner to restore my faith in people. That is a nice feeling.:)

jrad32
02-18-2003, 01:44 PM
The first ride on Pirates, and the park at night.

outlaw8
02-18-2003, 02:15 PM
For me it's the first GLIMPSE of the Matterhorn driving down I-5..!!!
Then finding out you can't go until the next day and the anticipation just builds all night.
Walking under the Berm!!! Leaving the real world behind and hearing the spiel from the
Disneyland RR.."Now Boarding...":)

Tref
02-18-2003, 02:37 PM
Relaxing at a Car-nation patio in the evening; cup o' coffee and pretzel in front of me. Listening to Rod Miller bang out some old tunes whilst watching the folks rush by ...

i.r.

Tigertail777
02-18-2003, 05:56 PM
Seeing and doing all of Adventureland (my fave land), and riding pirates...especially as the evening starts to come on its so magical emerging from pirates or HM. I saw Fantasmic for the first time last trip too, and man I loved that it was truly magical (as was beleive). Oh and I finally saw Blue Bayou too, wow that place has a beautiful quiet magic all its own. Another really wonderful ride in the evening is big thunder when they have all those lanterns glowing...truly awesome. Subs used to be wonderful at night too, the way the light would twinkle on the aqua colored water, and you could see stuff lit up in the murky depths. I almost cried when I saw it this last trip...but this is supposed to be a happy thread so I will stow that. So many magical things at DL...its hard to recount them all...:)

DisneyFan25863
02-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Personally, I Love riding the Monorail and Star Tours :cool:

uberfrau
02-18-2003, 06:05 PM
oh boy, nighttime train! In the dark along the rivers of America on a nice, warm summer night.

AVP
02-18-2003, 06:07 PM
My favorite thing at Disneyland is the reaction of the unsuspecting guests when the snow starts to fall on Main Street after Believe. The look of wonder on their faces - adults and kids alike - during those first moments when the lights come up and everyone is staring up at the sky as the snow falls is amazing.

It's so fleeting - adults quickly realize that it's just soap, and you can see the magic dissapate as they share their "discovery" with the rest of the crowd. But for a few seconds, they really do believe, and the whole scene is so magical.

AVP

jamsandwich
02-18-2003, 08:57 PM
Since I posted in the "things you hate" thread, I thought it only fitting to give this thread a bump.

Some of the things I love:

- When the park isn't busy. This goes for Splash Mountain during Fantasmic or any other time that there are large tracts of unoccupied real estate. While the crowds at times are part of the enjoyment, when they're really thin, Disneyland seems like a different place. Since it's usually night time, it usually offers a peaceful and romantic sort of mood.

- Ice cream. I'm not a big ice cream fan... but my wife loves it. I'm not sure what it is about the parlor on Main Street, but she can't get enough of it... her enjoyment is contagious.

- Walking through the gates first thing in the morning.

- While it will make some people cringe, I actually have some good memories of DCA from our 2001 trip as well. But those are maybe for another thread :)

- I thought I'd leave rides for last, as the atmosphere issues are the ones that are really interesting. After all, everyone knows the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Carribean are great :)

-J

vnell61
02-18-2003, 09:32 PM
*Seeing the Disneyland Resort signs coming in off I-5.
*The first glimpse of the Matterhorn from the freeway.
*Going under the arches into Main Street(reading the message above them about leaving the real world.
*The first sight of Main Street in the morning. The magical atmosphere that takes over at this very point.
*The excitement of going to the first attraction of the day.
*Eating a Monte Cristo at the blue bayou taking in all the atmosphere.
*Being treated kind by most all the CM's.
*The anticipation that builds while waiting for the first show of Fantasmic.
*The first sight of dawn as the Magic Kingdom begins to light up.
*Main street at night the beautiful lights and the night lamps give you a special feeling of nostalgia.

chelbell
02-18-2003, 09:45 PM
:) The divinity from the candy shop on Main Street
:eek: Watching Tinkerbell fly from the Matterhorn
:) Walking down Main Street for the first time of the trip
:) Shopping at the Emporium
:eek: Space Mountain
:) Disneyland at Night
:) Staying at the Disneyland Hotel
:eek: My kids thinking they are really driving Utopia cars

cemeinke
02-19-2003, 06:56 PM
Some repeats here but:

Seeing the Matterhorn from outside the park
Believe Fireowrks - especially the oohs & aahs of the corwd at the first volly of flares
Tinkerbell
The Characters - I have complete suspension of disbelief and am always amazed to see the likes of Mary Poppins or the Mad Hatter wandering about