PDA

View Full Version : Leprechaun Mickey Antenna Balls

Not Afraid
02-17-2003, 10:52 PM
I've been impressed and amused by the themed antenna balls Disney has been producing lately. Tonight I saw (and bought) the most adorable little Leprechaun Mickey. It is the standard black Mickey head with a white beard and a little green hat. Adorable!

I am almost ready to admit that I am collecting Antenna Balls now. At $3.50 how can I go wrong (or broke)?

I haven't checked Mouseshope for a pic, but I'm sure AVP will be picking some of these up.

MouseWife
02-17-2003, 11:34 PM
How adorable!!

Now if they could only get a pin like that to say "Kiss me, I'm Irish".

Hey, Mickey is Irish. Right? ;)

MammaSilva
02-18-2003, 08:47 AM
Hey everyone is Irish on St. Paddys day :)

Lani
02-18-2003, 08:50 AM
Well, as AVP knows, I collect all of the antenna toppers of the silhouette shapes. ANY new ones, I get one (if not two; one to stash and one to put on my car). :D

disguy
02-18-2003, 09:04 AM
How dumb do I feel! I saw that this weekend and could not figure out what it was... :)

mandi2728
02-18-2003, 11:44 AM
You should see our antenna, we keep buying and sticking them on there!

Techie7
02-18-2003, 01:24 PM
These are great! I think this was Cemeinke's find of the night. :D

tiggerandtink
02-18-2003, 01:47 PM
This is good to know. Our Mickey (red to match the paint) decided to take his own life when he was rushed through a carwash with no regard to his safety by the driver of the car which shall remain nameless. Needless to say I'm in the market for someone a little more stable and can handle a little bounce. Do they make Tigger antenna balls? Ever since we had our Disney Store transformed into a kid and home I haven't seen any new antenna balls. It's depressing really, and what with all the rain, no wonder our Mickey decided to end it all.

Traci
02-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Tiggerandtink...I too have lost a few Mickey antenna ball friends to that dreadded car wash.

The St. Patrick's day Mickey ball sounds cute, now will I get to DLR before St. Patty's Day???

Not Afraid
02-18-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Techie7
These are great! I think this was Cemeinke's find of the night. :D

I thought YOU found them? Oh well, I guess he gets the kiss.;)

kranders
02-18-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Traci
The St. Patrick's day Mickey ball sounds cute, now will I get to DLR before St. Patty's Day??? I just ordered 5 from MouseShoppe! Plus 2 of the camouflage ones.

CherylASB
02-19-2003, 02:00 PM
Love the Mickey antenna balls but mine keep getting stolen, especially when I am parked at DTD parking lot. So, I always buy 2 just in case.

Techie7
02-19-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by CherylASB
Love the Mickey antenna balls but mine keep getting stolen, especially when I am parked at DTD parking lot. So, I always buy 2 just in case. Interesting... so now I am thinking that maybe Disney is in on the stolen antenna balls in the parking lot. They take them which causes people to buy two at a time and then if they were really crazy they could resell them. What a great idea. Anyone in Resort Parking and Transportation want to confirm my theory? :D :)

lisap
02-19-2003, 03:23 PM
I've never ever had one stolen from the structure. I did have a reindeer mickey ball stolen from the parking lot of the Park Vue Inn across the street :mad:. Unsavory elements there, let me tell you.

Matterhorn Fan
02-19-2003, 03:30 PM
I have also never had an antenna Mickey stolen from the parking structure. Granted, I have only ever parked there twice and there was no antenna Mickey on my vehicle, but still--the record stands.

And for what it's worth, I have a jack-o-lantern Mickey and a Santa Mickey that I had on my car out here around the appropriate holidays last year, and neither one was stolen from the parking lot by the freshman dorms. (Amazing, isn't it?)

stinkerbell
02-20-2003, 09:23 AM
I, too, have never had an antenna ball stolen from the DLR parking structure, having never parked in the structure. So I feel pretty good about that.

I covet that antenna ball and plan to get one ASAP! Although being Irish 365 days a year.....does that mean I can have it on my car year-round?

outlaw8
02-20-2003, 09:36 AM
I have a lot of Mickey/Disney antennea toppers..Does anyone have any Good ideas
on how to display these? Besides the $1 plastic holders from Mouseshoppe.
I need to order a couple of St.Patricks's Mickey.

jslivinski
02-28-2003, 02:11 PM
I want one! Oh wait, I'm going down next weekend. Yeah I can get one.

Sheila
02-28-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by outlaw8
I have a lot of Mickey/Disney antennea toppers..Does anyone have any Good ideas on how to display these? Besides the $1 plastic holders from Mouseshoppe. I need to order a couple of St.Patricks's Mickey.

Well, ya just gotta think outside the box. I've got toppers on my TV antennas, pens, pencils and my digital phone's antenna. Plus, they serve as a safety device -- you can't poke out your eye with an antenna topper. ;)

Just don't leave them within reach of your doggies. My younger pup, Minnie, thinks they're delicious.

Sheila

cstephens
03-01-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Sheila
Well, ya just gotta think outside the box. I've got toppers on my TV antennas, pens, pencils and my digital phone's antenna. Plus, they serve as a safety device -- you can't poke out your eye with an antenna topper. ;)

Just don't leave them within reach of your doggies. My younger pup, Minnie, thinks they're delicious.

Sheila

I've got some on a few pencils at work, and we've got a bowl of 'em on the dining room table at home. Orkid has so far not discovered them or at least shown any interest in them.

Not Afraid
03-01-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by cstephens
I've got some on a few pencils at work, and we've got a bowl of 'em on the dining room table at home. Orkid has so far not discovered them or at least shown any interest in them.

She will.

Scoundrel has mangled quite a few, but, he's a scoundrel.;)

Nancy
03-01-2003, 06:40 PM
You can see what it looks like at mouseshoppe.com, under car accessories.:)

mousey_girl
03-02-2003, 05:08 PM
I saw Easter Egg toppers this weekend. So far, just in DCA. It took me a while to figure out what they are supposed to be. I am not allowed to get too close to antenna toppers, and it wasn't until I saw the egg shape that I realized what it was.

jslivinski
03-06-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
She will.

Scoundrel has mangled quite a few, but, he's a scoundrel.;) My daughter (4) came up to me the other night, proud as can be with a hadful of Mickey ears from the antenna balls. Mama was not amused. Thank goodness for hot glue guns.

stinkerbell
03-07-2003, 09:28 PM
Grrrrrr, my leprechan hat came off as I was trying to put my topper on the truck. :( I am so sad, and don't own a hot glue gun.....yet.