PDA

View Full Version : Major attraction?

vnell61
02-17-2003, 09:31 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if Disney would put in a major attraction in the old big thunder ranch space. My idea would definitely be an E atrraction, maybe some sort of rapid tpye ride themed after the old true life adventure series or some thing like it, with a huge show building showcasing the latest tecnology. It would have to blow grizzly out of the water. That woundn't be hard to do. Does anyone else have ideas for that area. Wishing that some day it might happen...:) :) :) :) :) :)

Morrigoon
02-17-2003, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I wanna see Forbidden Mountain, with a queue that starts on the FL side of the CM tunnel.

gn2dlnd
02-18-2003, 12:33 AM
I'm sure I've said this here before, but it bears repeating. Discovery Bay, Discovery Bay, Discovery Bay!

Discovery Bay!

Pony Sugrue
02-19-2003, 02:50 PM
Both should be heavily themed a'la SPLASH MOUNTAIN and some sort of roller coaster too.

If loaded from the FRONTIERLAND side, some sort of AMERICAN FOLKLORE/LEGENDS (Pecos Bill, Paul Bunyan, Casey Jones, John Henry) ride would be great.

If loaded from the FANTASYLAND side, the no-brainer should be "VILLIAN MOUNTAIN" (Hook, Ursula, Headless Horseman, Malificent etc.) ending with a Chernobog finale.

The latter (although I'd personally love the former) would be the most popular attraction of all DISNEY time. I guarantee it.

Disneyfreak
02-19-2003, 03:09 PM
I made the same exact post once and I said they needed a river raft ride, but not ones that are round. It would have indy technology and one car would look like an actual rapids raft. It would have many tracks and it would be different everytime. the computer would choose the track and would go into different show buildings and it would be the neatest ride on earth. It would have many show effects like falling rocks etc. Oh and I cant forget, Big Thunder BBQ at the exit of the attraction.

Tref
02-19-2003, 03:25 PM
Forbidden Mountain? Discovery Bay? Are these attractions from WDW?

I would prefer to see the area stay as it is. I like the idea that there is still a sizable amount of space left in Disneyland, even if its just for pony rides or a BBQ.

Could FM & DB fit in DCA?

As for water rapid rides (not to sound like a broken record but ...) I think they could do some serious re-work on the water ride in DCA, which I think is just lame. (It will get you wet if that is all you are looking for ... )

A quick poll -- how many of you have been on the Chakranadi Rapids at Animal Kingdom and what did you think? (especially in comparison to the version at DCA)

i.r.

Disneyfreak
02-19-2003, 03:35 PM
Why do you think we hate WDW so much. We are sort of envious of there rides and size of land that we dont have. They have way more money to burn on new attractions that it makes our park look empty. This is why we want to fill in this land.

Morrigoon
02-19-2003, 03:42 PM
Tref: Forbidden Mountain does not exist. It's made up. However, it has been described in great detail on these boards by yours truly. Feel free to do a search, I'm rather proud of the idea.

jrad32
02-19-2003, 09:26 PM
As mentioned on previous threads the Tall Tales area concept or the Villian Mountain are both awesome ideas. I agree with the Pony.

Let's see it Disney.

MrTheFrog
02-19-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Pony Sugrue
If loaded from the FRONTIERLAND side, some sort of AMERICAN FOLKLORE/LEGENDS (Pecos Bill, Paul Bunyan, Casey Jones, John Henry) ride would be great.

I love that idea. Also if they wanted to go a kiddy friendly route they can do a ride themed to "Woody's Round-up" where you follow Sheriff Woody on an adventure to save Jessie and the poor little woodland creatures from dynamite and gunpowder, like in the movie.
Just a thought,
-Artie

Morrigoon
02-19-2003, 11:39 PM
How about the old idea for WRE?

(western river expedition - an old WDI pirates-like concept)

experiment626
02-21-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Tref
A quick poll -- how many of you have been on the Chakranadi Rapids at Animal Kingdom and what did you think? (especially in comparison to the version at DCA)

The rapid ride at AK is Kali River Rapids and GRR is 100 times better and about twice as long as KRR. Though when we went on it in December we went 3 times in a row w/o getting off which was fun. And we had two little girls from Texas with us in the raft that kept telling the newbies who would get in our raft "Y'all gonna get wet" (in perfect texas accents) if they ended up backwards at the drop.

merlinjones
02-21-2003, 09:03 AM
Maleficent's Castle in the Forbidden Mountains - -with a wild coaster ride - - as fairies help us escape from the dungeon, past goons, thorns, fire and a huge dragon!

I would much prefer this epic (and highly marketable) Sleeping Beauty theme to a villain team-up ride. With both thrills and escapism, Disney classicism and modern tech - - it would be a hit with all generations.

This would expand Fantasyland over from the current Skyway hill into the ranch area.

daannzzz
02-21-2003, 09:51 AM
I would vote for Discovery Bay. It was awesome looking and has room for a few levels of attractions though probably not the ones they had envisioned. "Island at the Top of the World" is one of my favorite Disney movies and would make a great ride but most people don't know it. This theme would fit in back there to inbetween Frontierland and Fantasyland. There are loads of things they could put in this theme.
Kali River rapids is very pretty and does have a "story" to it with some decent theming to it. It starts of very nice and then you get the story and after if goes down the hill it goes down hill and is the least action packed, most wimpy rapids on any ripids ride I have been on. I would have liked it if they had included the queue area as part of the ride. It would have made the ride longer and more impressive.