PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland is closing early (again) Friday, January 22nd

Darkbeer
01-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Disneyland will close at 8 PM tonight, with no fireworks instead of the scheduled 11 PM.

DCA will close at 6 PM tonight.

The park actually had a Hail Storm this afternoon.

VickiC
01-22-2010, 06:18 PM
I had hail the size of marbles in my yard. Freaky.

heatherya
01-22-2010, 08:33 PM
when was the hail storm? we were here and didn't see it...though we were back in our room this afternoon and then hid out in the animation place for the other part of the afternoon. disneyland rained on my parade by closing early on my birthday. oh well...at least tomorrow is supposed to be much better.

VickiC
01-22-2010, 08:42 PM
It hit in Placentia around 4:00. Biggest hail I've seen here in ages.

TowerofTerror
01-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Wow another day that disneyland had to close early

olegc
01-23-2010, 11:47 AM
i was surprised at an early closure on a friday night. It was very cold but not much rain (at least nothing tremedously powerful). The skeptic in me makes me think they decided to do that due to very low attendance numbers which has not happened too often. closing shops and restaurants - yes. Closing the entire park? hmmm..

heatherya
01-23-2010, 04:12 PM
olegc, i was suspiscious about that as well! it was fine last night...it's beautiful today though.

MissMinnieFan
01-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Any idea on this week's forecast? We arrive Thursday, and are hoping for at least some dry weather, we can handle cold as long as it's not wet.

kfreak
01-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Any idea on this week's forecast? We arrive Thursday, and are hoping for at least some dry weather, we can handle cold as long as it's not wet.

Thursday and Friday look like they will be no rain, but Saturday and Sunday look like some rain. Also the following Monday looks like it could be rain. Mind you this is all from the 10 day forecast from weather.com so I dont know how accurate it will be until it gets closer to the date.

bubsy
01-24-2010, 03:51 PM
We were there on 21st and 22nd. I wasn't surprised they closed early both days. On the 22nd it rained pretty much solidly from 9am - 3pm. There were no lines and we rode everything, even Autopia which I don't enjoy. The parks were empty and we definitely didn't miss out on anything even with early closures.

We didn't stay until even 8pm, it was freezing (48 according to accuweather) and being in the rain for hours was pretty exhausting. We fit so much into the 8 hours we were there - even caught Bill Hill & the Hillbillies which I hadn't seen in years.

We only rode the Matternhorn once during the rain on Thursday. The bobsleds were full of water. http://www.flickr.com/photos/megpag/4295886355/ I had on wellies but my husband didn't, and even though there wasn't as much water in the front sled once the ride started going it sloshed all over you. Saturday morning the bobsleds were almost dry, the back seats still had a tiny bit of water.

It was awesome to have the parks practically empty, I wouldn't mind going when it was cold and raining again. Main Street on Thursday at 1pm: http://www.flickr.com/photos/megpag/4301472524/

We were able to ride some rides multiple times without getting off.

I didn't notice the hailstorm on Friday but we may have been back at the hotel already or inside a building at that point.

Saturday morning was beautiful. We were in the park from 9am - 11:30am and were able to fit in breakfast at Riverbelle, Space Mountain, Buzz, Matterhorn, BTMRR, Pirates and Haunted Mansion.