PDA

View Full Version : Corn Dog Wagon

pinksand
01-22-2010, 12:55 PM
I see that it's closed, but I am wondering if anyone knows why it's closed for 3+ months - how long does it take to refurb a wagon?

Darkbeer
01-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Actually, the refurb project got delayed, and the Corn Dog Wagon is currently open and operating as normal.

Prince_lv
01-23-2010, 09:05 AM
That was my thought to. Why would it take so long to refurb a wagon. My 14 year old said "They ought to just buy a new one, it would probably be faster".

olegc
01-23-2010, 11:48 AM
can you imagine the grease, etc? also, I wonder if part of it is to improve some of the cash register/ops info that might be shared between the cart and the network. Hmmmm...

Malcon10t
01-23-2010, 04:35 PM
It would take me 6 hours to get to City Hall. Since some here know the answer, it is easier to ask here.

bennette
01-23-2010, 06:16 PM
I believe she means she lives a six-hour drive away. Thus it would be faster to get the question answered in the virtual world.

Toocherie
01-23-2010, 06:16 PM
I think malcon means that she lives 6 hours away from Disneyland--so it would be quite a trek to get the question answered. I only live 15 minutes away but I would post on here rather than spend at least an hour trudging over to the park, parking, taking the tram in, going through security and the entrance and going to City Hall.

Part of the appeal of a site such as this is that you can get questions like "is the corn dog cart open or closed?" answered by people quickly and easily. And, in some people's experiences--sometimes the answers on this site can be more reliable than the answers you get from City Hall!

Malcon10t
01-23-2010, 06:29 PM
6 hours? Ok. In all the years we have been to Disneyland(since 1969) I can't remember any wait longer than about 45 minutes.I have been going since about the same time as you (1967). In 1974 I waited 5 hours when Space Mountain opened. On Dec 29th, 2009, Indy wait time for a Fastpass was 20 mins (that was the line to GET a fastpass.) The line to ride was 140 mins.

During peak times, lines often exceed 45 mins. It is each persons choice to wait.

However, like others have said, for me, going to City Hall to get the answer would not be feasible, since I live 6 hours away. Thus, many ask questions like this virtually. The Corn Dog cart has been posted as closed, however, it has been noted it is not closed. If they were at the park to see it was open, again, there would be no point in going to City Hall. Since they are not at the park, next best thing is to ask here, where someone might have the answers.

Darkbeer
01-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Ok, that all makes sense. When OP said: "I see that it's closed" , I took it that she was in Disneyland and she "saw" that it was closed. Then I wondered why she didn't stop at City Hall on the way out and ask? Sorry.

Actually I think she is responing to the Mouseplanet.com weekly Disneyland update that is posted here every Monday. It has been claming that the Corn Dog Wagon is closed since early January, even though it has remained open.

AVP
01-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Actually I think she is responing to the Mouseplanet.com weekly Disneyland update that is posted here every Monday. It has been claming that the Corn Dog Wagon is closed since early January, even though it has remained open.And hey, thanks for bringing that error to our attention when you first noticed it.

AVP

Darkbeer
01-24-2010, 05:15 AM
And hey, thanks for bringing that error to our attention when you first noticed it.

AVP

And I did a few days ago, along with a few other changes...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=139648

lbrackjo
01-24-2010, 09:04 AM
I'd rather have the closure list overly cautious than optimistic. If soemthing is scheduled closed, but turns out to be open--great. If it is not listed as closed, but is--that is more of the bummer. Everyone posting info is apprciated.

pinksand
01-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Yep, Darkbeer is right - I "saw" it was closed on the weekly updates. Am going to DLR soon, so I've been monitoring them with more apt interest and I heart the corn dog wagon. Three month's closure seemed excessive. I could build a new one myself in that amount of time. Thanks for the update, Darkbeer!