PDA

View Full Version : Any one else wish they put a special "stamp" on the mail sent from main street?

nursechrissy32
01-21-2010, 09:37 PM
I am sure Disney has gotten letter before from the nostalgic of us...requesting just an itsy bitsy teeney weeney sorta sparkly muy magically inserted "Mailed from Disneyland" stamp onto all the mail we put in the mail boxes in the park?

I always write "mailed from Disneyland" and put a lil sparkly glue on them...but it would be awesome cool if they could just put a lil love in it? who agrees!!!! Lets petition!! :)

The Mouse Is Back
01-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Yes!! I think the first time I asked for this must have been at least 35 years ago.

Universal Studios Orlando is going to have a special "certified" stamp for the Hogsmeade post office ( a real U.S. post office) at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter if you mail something from there, maybe peer pressure (and a lot more whining from us) will force Disney to do something similar.

I doubt it, though. Maybe for a $50.00 charge and an additional $10.00 "processing fee". :rolleyes:

Ally

Malcon10t
01-22-2010, 05:33 AM
The issue? It is illegal to "tamper" with mail. So, not going to happen. But I did like the Disney stamps, too bad the USPS took them off the market.

AnotherJenny
01-22-2010, 07:46 AM
If you really want Disney postage, you could buy stamps from Zazzle. They're going to cost you way more than face value, though. I would probably buy the 1st class letter rate, that way if you don't use them all up, if the postcard rate goes up, you can still use them.

Also, there's a chance they won't get postmarked.

(Technically USPS isn't supposed to postmark them, but usually they end up getting it anyway.)

DebT
01-22-2010, 11:18 AM
WDW has a special postage mark you can get. I went to a specific store (can't remember which one) at Downtown Disney and they post marked it right there. I believe there was an additional cost. I would think DLR could do the same...

tink's mom
01-22-2010, 05:49 PM
They used to. http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/archive/index.php/t-31024.html

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-24-2010, 09:02 PM
They used to. http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/archive/index.php/t-31024.html

I was just going to post that they use to. I remember as a kid putting my post cards to family in the mailboxes just before you go through the tunnel into Disneyland. I miss this!

smd4
01-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Having an actual operating post office with a Disneyland stamp was among the ideas Walt Disney floated in the very first memo he ever created detailing what would one day become Disneyland. As he wrote back in 1948,
In the Town Hall we will have a real Post Office where mail and packages can be mailed (Note: Check with Burbank on how to go about getting our own postal stamp).

Just another of Walt's ideas removed...

TowerofTerror
01-25-2010, 10:17 AM
I would say to if mail something I would like it say you mailed it from disneyland

Goodnplenty
01-26-2010, 05:12 AM
I think it would be great to have a stamp. We have a little town here called Christmas, Florida. The post office puts a stamp right out on the table where you bundle your Christmas cards and you can stamp them yourself. They have a poster that shows you were to stamp the envelope.

GnP:D