PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland & DCA closing early tonight (1/21)

AVP
01-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Due to current and expected weather, Disneyland will close at 6pm tonight, with DCA closing at 5. At the moment, Downtown Disney stores and restaurants are planning to maintain their normal operating schedules, but most (if not all) of the kiosks have already closed for the day, or didn't open at all this morning.

AVP

Darkbeer
01-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Just got this e-mail from the local News Radio Station, KNX 1070

Southwest suspends all takeoffs and landings Thursday in Burbank, Ontario and San Diego and at Phoenix and Tucson in Arizona. Most Southwest flights are canceled in Orange County, and some are canceled at LAX.

Mermaid
01-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Wow! I can't believe they cancelled all the flights. It has just been rainy and sorta windy so far. It worries me for what is yet to come!

magicmanfrank
01-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Holy Mackeral!

You know it's bad when the Disney folks close the $$$ gates early!

=Frank=

cstephens
01-21-2010, 02:50 PM
It's been incredibly windy where I am on the west side of L.A. I expect planes would have trouble landing because of them.

The Mouse Is Back
01-21-2010, 05:32 PM
It's been pouring buckets for several hours at a time over here in the SFV. El Niņo is a scary beast, and unpredictable.

Better they err on the side of caution. I do feel really bad for the vacationers who had no idea they'd end up being here in such bad weather but that's one of those unpredictabilities of travel.

Ally

aznewsboy
01-21-2010, 06:28 PM
I do feel really bad for the vacationers who had no idea they'd end up being here in such bad weather but that's one of those unpredictabilities of travel.

Ally

Me too. It's been raining in Phoenix since yesterday. Usually it rains for 10 minutes at best and off & on. We actually have a tornado watch. Seriously strange stuff for us. Pouring right now with fierce winds.