PDA

View Full Version : DisneyQuest @ DTD [Downtown Disney]

Pages : [1] 2

DisneyFan25863
02-16-2003, 06:26 PM
I think one of the best ideas for DTD is to put in a DisneyQuest, like the one at WDW. It would actually rake in alot of money for them, because so many people who are staying at the hotels look for somthing to do while not visiting the parks. My only request is that Ap's get in for free :)

What do you think?

Lashbear
02-16-2003, 07:48 PM
Gosh... they already have an ESPN Zone ;)

DisneyFan25863
02-16-2003, 08:03 PM
So?

Lashbear
02-16-2003, 08:06 PM
Well, why would you need any other VR experiences when you can play VR Air hockey...... oh. ;) <-------Winky smiley indicating my tongue is firmly in my cheek here..

DisneyFan25863
02-16-2003, 08:13 PM
But ESPN is sport-oriented, while DQ (NOT DairyQueen;))would be more 'Disney' oriented

Lashbear
02-16-2003, 08:24 PM
That's right.. and that is why a DQ would be such a good idea !:)

DisneyFan25863
02-16-2003, 08:25 PM
Actually, an actual DQ (Dairy Queen) would be good in DTD too ;)

Lashbear
02-16-2003, 08:29 PM
..or a Dippin' Dots ! **Yum**

YellowMan
02-16-2003, 09:05 PM
Why not build a Disney Quest with a Virtual Dairy Queen attraction? It could simulate eating ice cream, and be just like the real thing only not. Okay, I'm just talking gibberish now.

But seriously folks, I'm all for both ideas (Disney Quest and Dairy Queen). While DisneyQuest would cost extra money, it would be fun and I think (as stated earlier) a lot of the hotel guests would enjoy it as a mid-day diversion from the crowds in the parks.

marciemi
02-17-2003, 03:43 PM
Living near to Chicago, we were really bummed out when the DQ there closed. I thought at that time that they should have just moved everything they had there right to Anaheim for DTD. All they'd need then was the building itself and they wouldn't pay the exorbitant rent they must have in downtown Chicago. I can't believe they closed that one - we were never there when it wasn't packed. DQ (in my opinion) had a lot more for the younger kid crowd (4-10) than ESPN zone offers.

DisneyDustin22
02-17-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Lashbear
..or a Dippin' Dots ! **Yum**

DIPPIN' DOTS! thats what Disney needs, its hard to believe they already dont have one...that stuff is the bomb.

Lashbear
02-18-2003, 02:50 AM
I first had Dippin Dots at Kennedy Space Centre, and I hunted them out everywhere I went after that !! ....especially the choc-mint !!!!!!

justagrrl
02-18-2003, 06:02 AM
Instead of a Dairy Queen, I request a Cold Stone Creamery.

mad4mky
02-18-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by justagrrl
Instead of a Dairy Queen, I request a Cold Stone Creamery.

I vote for a DQ also...Dairy Queen that is!:D

I love Dairy Queen...especially their Blizzards. And, they are not overpriced like at Cold Stone.
One little Reeses Peanut Butter Cup per a big scoop of ice cream.:(
Dairy Queen puts lots of those lucious little goodies in their Blizzards....yummm.....:)

vnell61
02-18-2003, 10:12 AM
Until Eisner takes a pay cut DTD will probably remained unchanged for lack of funds. DTD will still be the same boring place 10 years from now. The parking lot was more thrilling.

Sheila
02-18-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
I think one of the best ideas for DTD is to put in a DisneyQuest, like the one at WDW. It would actually rake in alot of money for them, because so many people who are staying at the hotels look for somthing to do while not visiting the parks. My only request is that Ap's get in for free :)

What do you think?

Unfortunately, the Disney Quest franchise was a colossal money-loser for the Disney company. They shut down all the sites except for WDW because they could not afford to keep them open.

It's doubtful they'd build another (even at DLR's DTD) if it was going to lose money for them. I'm sure they feel ESPN Zone is enough.

Sheila

jrad32
02-18-2003, 11:57 AM
Disneyquest wasn't really all that exciting in my opinion. There really isn't anything there that I haven't seen at arcades.

tiggerandtink
02-18-2003, 02:14 PM
Ok, what am I missing here with these Dippin' Dots? It sounds like something I should know about! Also, how about a Krispy Kreme or In-n-Out burger (or a Fatburger) in DTD or DCA for that matter. They are all CA creations that they don't have back east (as far as I know).
And now back on topic. . . I never made it DisneyQuest in WDW, we were there a week and didn't have the time ( I chose Islands of Adventure for our day away, had to see Spidey). It didn't really appeal to me in it's description, it just sounded like a big Game Works. What else does it have?

mad4mky
02-18-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by tiggerandtink
Ok, what am I missing here with these Dippin' Dots? It sounds like something I should know about! Also, how about a Krispy Kreme or In-n-Out burger (or a Fatburger) in DTD or DCA for that matter. They are all CA creations that they don't have back east (as far as I know).

They do have Krispy Kremes back east....
My husband had eaten them in the DC/Philly area...
and that was years before they came to our area...which is the No. Cal/SF Bay area.

YellowMan
02-18-2003, 02:19 PM
Ok, what am I missing here with these Dippin' Dots? It sounds like something I should know about! Also, how about a Krispy Kreme or In-n-Out burger (or a Fatburger) in DTD or DCA for that matter. They are all CA creations that they don't have back east (as far as I know). Thank you. I got severely bashed for even suggesting In-N-Out in the past. I think In-N-Out would fit in very well in DCA (too bad Disney has a deal with McDonald's and not In-N-Out) or even Downtown Disney, but I was amazed at how many people despised the idea of a "mundane and regular fastfood place" among the great high-class (and expensive) restaurants already there.

tiggerandtink
02-18-2003, 02:27 PM
I think it would go well in DCA (talking about In/Out) since it is based in SoCA. Only in the past few years have they opened a couple in AZ and NV. When I was growing up in Tucson it was always cool to have an In and Out t-shirt (we were kids okay?) and I always looked forward to eating there and thought of it as part of our Disney trip. Now I don't eat fastfood very often anymore, but my wife craves it constantly (she's pregnant) and she really wants In/Out. I try to keep her content with Fat Burger which they finally put up here (and I actually like better) but apparently pregnant cravings cannot be ignored:p . But I digress. Yes, it is CA and would be a great and affordabe addition.

jrad32
02-18-2003, 02:42 PM
I doubt Disney would ever allow In N Out or Fatburger to come in. Disney execs know they can charge high prices for their subpar food, so that's what they will continue to do.

Pony Sugrue
02-19-2003, 02:38 PM
how about a Krispy Kreme or In-n-Out burger (or a Fatburger) in DTD or DCA for that matter. They are all CA creations that they don't have back east (as far as I know).

KRISPY KREME is actually from back east... just like Walt Disney.

tiggerandtink
02-19-2003, 03:05 PM
NC to be exact. My bad. Well, the burger place at least. And I still don't know what Dippin' Dots is/are.

Techie7
02-19-2003, 03:14 PM
And I still don't know what Dippin' Dots is/are. Here is a Link (http://www.dippindots.com/dd_info.asp) to information about this fun treat!