PDA

View Full Version : Grizzy River Run-wet??

Pages : [1] 2

GeminiAngel
02-16-2003, 11:32 AM
So really? how wet does one get? I'm comming in 3 weeks and I want to know if I need to pack extra shoes, clothes. It totally looks like fun!!!:D

cemeinke
02-16-2003, 11:35 AM
The only thing that will get you wetter is your shower.

There's a slight chance that you'll make it unscathed, but that rarely happend.

DisneyFan25863
02-16-2003, 11:36 AM
You WILL get wet on that ride.... You have been warned :D

tiggerandtink
02-16-2003, 11:47 AM
buy yourself a mickey rain poncho just for that ride, and maybe put baggies on your feet- rides like this are exactly why I always wear my nike sport sandels to the parks, plus they make me look really sporty

MammaSilva
02-16-2003, 12:37 PM
do your self a favor and save a few bucks, head to your local walmart/kmart and buy a few of those cheapo clear plastic ponchos.. you know the ones that are like saran wrap? or even one of the 'regular' ponchos and take it with you because the Mickey Ponchos are way overpriced :)

GeminiAngel
02-16-2003, 12:39 PM
Thanks Guys!!! *covered head-to-toe in plastic, lol*

tiggerandtink
02-16-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva
do your self a favor and save a few bucks, head to your local walmart/kmart and buy a few of those cheapo clear plastic ponchos.. you know the ones that are like saran wrap? or even one of the 'regular' ponchos and take it with you because the Mickey Ponchos are way overpriced :)
Really, we bought a couple during a rainstorm @ Epcot and they were less than $5 each, which I thought a fairly good price for Disney (insert Homer and churro joke here). Plus, they have Mickey on them so we've kept them as souviners. Another bright side is the fact that everyone in the park looks like a rubber duck so we all blend in and I don't have to worry about people hounding me for my autograph all day. That's such a pain.

MonorailMan
02-16-2003, 12:56 PM
The best two things to stay protected:

Duct Tape,and Plastic. :D :rolleyes:

Yes, dry is not an option on GRR. :)

tod
02-16-2003, 01:12 PM
Wet? No.

Soaked to the skin, wring-your-clothes-out soppy, soggy, squish-when-you-walk leave-wet-footprints-for-hours finally-buy-a-pair-of-too-big-Mickey-Mouse-sweatpants-and-carry-your-wallet-because-they-have-no-pockets and don't feel dry for three hours after that inundated with water.

That's what it's like.

They should let you change into a bathing suit before you get in the raft, that's how wet it is.

--T

YellowMan
02-16-2003, 01:23 PM
Well, I have gotten wet on this ride, but not soaked like everybody is announcing. Honestly, it really can go either way, and I've found that coming out completely dry and coming out completely soaked aren't the majorities on that ride. Sure you'll get wet, but it's most likely not going to be as terrible as people are making it out to be.

Now, since you're coming in 3 weeks I would definitely say to get a poncho of some kind. Even Southern California gets cold in winter, and getting wet (no matter how little) is greatly intensified come nightfall or a small breeze.

experiment626
02-16-2003, 02:02 PM
We had the best time on GRR last november. We went on it right before the park closed, it was so neat in the dark. We were all set with our pouncho's and didn't (hardley) get wet at all.

Pirate Girl
02-16-2003, 02:15 PM
:confused: I didn't get all that wet on the ride! I only got wet when I was standing in the observation area. But it was fairly late at night, so that might have something to do with it.

MammaSilva
02-16-2003, 02:21 PM
a couple of totally unscientific observations.........I've been on the ride with a full raft of large folk, we got drenched, one thing that seems to be standard at least for us is that whoever is going into the tunnel 'backwards' is sure to get wettest...., if the spin on the spinning falls is working, chances are the person who started out with their back to the falls is sure to be the one to get the wave over the side into your underwear splash....

I've also been on the ride when only lighter weight younger riders and we didn't seem to catch as many of the over the edge waves, the spinning falls still make a big difference on that drop and luck of the geiser can make a difference.....

But I have NEVER been on the ride and come off it totally dry....

Pirate Girl
02-16-2003, 02:31 PM
That makes sence, when I went on GRR it was late and my mom, brother and I were the only ones on the raft.

blusilva
02-16-2003, 02:53 PM
Add me to the soaked-to-the-skin, squish-when-you-walk, never-dry-out group. I only went once, and I won't be going again.

It's fun if you like feeling like you stood in your shower with all your clothes on.

mousey_girl
02-16-2003, 02:59 PM
During our last visit, the boys were on the ride and I was waiting in the observation area. I was standing as clse as I could without getting wet. A teenager boy decided to stand in the lower level of the platform, I guess he didn't notice that no one else was standing there and that there is a large drain in the cement. My boys (meaning hubby and 6yr old) came down the falls, this poor kid got soaked from head to toe! He would have been drier if he had actually ridden on the ride.

I love the ride, but I am not all that fond of walking around with wet pants and squishy undies. Everytime I have ridden it I am usually the heaviest person on the raft and end up the wettest.

HBTiggerFan
02-16-2003, 03:08 PM
There are free for an hour lockers near the GRR fastpass. I think they are $1 an hour for every hour after. I suggest that you put all valuable things (cameras, jackets, backpacks, change of clothes) and anything you don't want to get wet in one of these lockers.

tiggerandtink
02-16-2003, 04:02 PM
According to the 4 page DLR supplement in todays Seattle Times you are "guarenteed to get wet" on GRR. There you go, straight from the Mouse's mouth.

tod
02-16-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
There are free for an hour lockers near the GRR fastpass. I think they are $1 an hour for every hour after. I suggest that you put ... anything you don't want to get wet in one of these lockers.

I probably wouldn't fit in there...

--T
who would probably like it on a hot Summer day

experiment626
02-16-2003, 06:23 PM
Oh deffiently use the lockers if you have anything that you don't want wet (ie your jacket or change of clothes) or that shouldn't get wet (ie cameras, you park passes etc)

tod
02-16-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by experiment626
Oh deffiently use the lockers if you have anything that you don't want wet (ie your jacket or change of clothes) or that shouldn't get wet (ie cameras, you park passes etc)

I'm 6-2 and weigh over 200 pounds. Will I fit in the locker?

I don't want to get wet, you see...

--T

DisneyFan25863
02-16-2003, 06:44 PM
Well, if you can do that thing where you can bend your body into a box.....You might be able to fit with your head sticking out ;)

experiment626
02-16-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by tod
I'm 6-2 and weigh over 200 pounds. Will I fit in the locker?

I don't want to get wet, you see...

I would suggest just avoiding the ride all together then :p

Lashbear
02-16-2003, 07:00 PM
If wearing shoes and socks... Baggies over the shoes or, (as we did)...Bring a pair of DRY socks spare.. you will be thankful, believe me !:D

rexfarms
02-16-2003, 08:16 PM
Whats really fun is trying to avoid getting your $40 Fedora wet on the dripping pipes.:p