PDA

View Full Version : U know what I hate?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kandy
02-16-2003, 01:45 AM
I really hate when people...

1.) step on the back of my foot really hard and act like they didn't do anything.

2.)Bump into you and keep walking.
Some people really forget their manners at the entrance to the park (maybe they fall out while they're getting their bags checked):p Seriously though..their have been some people who've just really made me mad. It's crowded, so they think its okay to be rude or something. (Venting)

Anyway, i'm bored...so what do u think?

Tigertail777
02-16-2003, 02:59 AM
Don't forget my old not so fave: people running you down with their strollers then acting like its your fault for being there! I had one guy with a double stroller hit the back of my shins hard, then almost hit my mother and cussing at us the whole time. I definately hear ya! Particularly in the congested beginning of Adventureland area (where I got hit). some people.:rolleyes:

Kandy
02-16-2003, 03:58 AM
ya I know that area in adventureland ,once i was walking through it and i got rammed really hard with that foot piece part of a wheelchair, i was almost pushed over. When i looked back, the person pushing it wasn't even paying attention. I was hurting for a while though.The crowd can also be really bad after a parade or show. I guess this is the reason i prefer going to DL when its not busy. I actually left early once..but thats rare.;)

MonorailMan
02-16-2003, 04:12 AM
I will admit, that I get sometimes cought up in the "Disneyland" moment, and accidently bump into people. But, I try to say "Sorry". :)

rexfarms
02-16-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
I will admit, that I get sometimes cought up in the "Disneyland" moment, and accidently bump into people. But, I try to say "Sorry". :)

Off Topic but MonorailMan your sig. is great. 101 during a test. I love that.:D

Ace
02-16-2003, 10:02 AM
what I hate is when they kidnap the rabbit on that one ride with the water and stuff. poor rabbit.

HBTiggerFan
02-16-2003, 10:03 AM
people who stop walking in the middle of a path
people who cut strollers off
people who cut wheelchairs off
people who stop walking in the middle of a path
people who yell at children to have fun
people who take flash pictures on dark rides
people who do not pay attention to the children they are with
people who stop in the middle of the path
people who yell at CMs
people who expect free stuff because rides are closed
people who stop in the middle of a path

Cadaverous Pallor
02-16-2003, 12:44 PM
u know what i hate?

Using "u" instead of "you", and not capitalizing letters. Is "u" really a whole lot easier to type than "you"? Seriously, I'm asking here. I also think that "I" deserves to be capitalized - you wouldn't type your proper name without a capital, would you? (Screen names are a different story.) Also, when a sentence doesn't start with a capital letter, it seems like the person was in the middle of a sentence....kind of like how CAPS SEEMS LIKS SHOUTING.

Of course, even that isn't nearly as bad as some "abbreviation" I'm seeing these days - like "prolly" instead of "probably". <shudder> Man, if there's anything I hate, it's "prolly".

Of course, things like "Koz-E Koffee Korner" also makes me want to throttle people.....so I guess I'm just a freak in a negligent world.

u should prolly just karry on and ignore me :rolleyes: :p ;)

stinkerbell
02-16-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
u know what i hate?

u should prolly just karry on and ignore me :rolleyes: :p ;) klassic 'n kool, cp :~)

mad4mky
02-16-2003, 01:09 PM
You know what I hate...

Complainers and whiners.;)

MickeyD
02-16-2003, 01:32 PM
u know what i hate?

Using "u" instead of "you", and not capitalizing letters. Is "u" really a whole lot easier to type than "you"? Seriously, I'm asking here. I also think that "I" deserves to be capitalized - you wouldn't type your proper name without a capital, would you? (Screen names are a different story.) Also, when a sentence doesn't start with a capital letter, it seems like the person was in the middle of a sentence....kind of like how CAPS SEEMS LIKS SHOUTING.

Of course, even that isn't nearly as bad as some "abbreviation" I'm seeing these days - like "prolly" instead of "probably". <shudder> Man, if there's anything I hate, it's "prolly".

Of course, things like "Koz-E Koffee Korner" also makes me want to throttle people.....so I guess I'm just a freak in a negligent world.

u should prolly just karry on and ignore me :rolleyes: :p ;)

CP, do "u" ever use instant messenger? i think that is what had created some of the abbreviations that bug u. i know that occassionally when i'm "IMing" someone, i use prolly. And i never bother capitalizing i (or other proper names) when i'm IMing. :D

YellowMan
02-16-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by mad4mky
You know what I hate...

Complainers and whiners.;) You know what I hate? People that complain about complainers.

And Cadaverous Pallor, don't even get me started on how I hate the neglect of abbreviation and basic rules of grammar. I know it is just so much more work to actually have to move your fingers over an inch or two to press a little key, but, with a little will power, I think you guys can do it.:D

Now in the parks, I'm pretty much with everybody else. I dislike when people with strollers or wheelchairs bump into me, but only when they are completely rude to me shouting things like, "Excuse you!!" Well pardon me for letting my now bleeding ankles get in the way of your stroller of mass destruction. Honestly, if the person just said "Sorry" or "Excuse me" (even in the insincere manner of simply saying sorry and excuse me over and over as they go through a crowd), at least then they wouldn't be being rude to the person that they ran into.

Pirate Girl
02-16-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Tigertail777
Don't forget my old not so fave: people running you down with their strollers then acting like its your fault for being there! I had one guy with a double stroller hit the back of my shins hard, then almost hit my mother and cussing at us the whole time. I definately hear ya! Particularly in the congested beginning of Adventureland area (where I got hit). some people.:rolleyes:

Do I ever know how that is. Especially right before or after the fireworks in the summer. Yikes. When prams become battering rams. Or, when moms shove little kids in front of you in lines for just about everything (this is especially annoying to me, becuase I'll let the kids go first anyway).:rolleyes:

Pirate Girl
02-16-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

But saying you're sorry makes the differance between being rude and being caught in a crowd! ;)

HBTiggerFan
02-16-2003, 03:02 PM
u know what i hate?

Using "u" instead of "you", and not capitalizing letters. Is "u" really a whole lot easier to type than "you"?

I was going to post this but I didn't. Thank you for doing so! That is one of the things that irk me most about PMing and chat rooms.

I also hate "ur", and changing "s" to "z" ie..sayz.

uberfrau
02-16-2003, 04:50 PM
Ok, I can lurk no longer on this matter ;)

I hate when you're walking through a crowd and you bump into someone, say excuse me, or I'm sorry, and they still get angry!

Listen, Lady, I said I'm sorry. I actually meant it. It's not like I knocked you to the ground. I bumped into you. Sit down, have a coke, and pretend you still have some Disney magic left.

Oh yes, and with regards to the grammar issues taken here, I hate when people use quotation marks incorrectly. Examples:

(on a sign at a local restaurant) - Food without "Peer" -

- Notary Public here "Now"!! -

Ok, I've vented. Thank you.

:D

Kandy
02-16-2003, 05:40 PM
Not to be a complainer, but its not very nice when someone is sitting on the sidewalk waiting for a parade and somebody coming through steps right on your hand and keeps walking as if they didn' t notice.:(

I must point out though, I don't get mad at every person that bumps into me or kicks the back of my shoe, I'm not saying that. Theres a huge difference when you get kicked in the back of the shoe , as to where someone actually steps on the back of your shoe and it comes off your foot, or when someone bumps into you hard enough to make you stumble.

Cadaverous Pallor
02-16-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by MickeyD
CP, do "u" ever use instant messenger? i think that is what had created some of the abbreviations that bug u. i know that occassionally when i'm "IMing" someone, i use prolly. And i never bother capitalizing i (or other proper names) when i'm IMing. :D Actually, I do use IM, and I admit, my rules change for IMing. My statements there aren't really sentences, so I don't capitalize the first word or use periods, most of the time. If I have a single thought, I sometimes do use caps and periods, though. But all the other rules of basic grammar and spelling always stick for me, even when IMing, and I always capitalize proper nouns.

The stuff I mentioned in my first post is a whole lot more permissible when IMing, but message boards are a different matter. You have time to compose a post and edit it before clicking submit. But I totally dig what you're saying MickeyD, and wouldn't huff and puff at all that while IMing. ;)

If I used text messaging, I'm sure I would use "u" and other such abbreviations, but that only makes sense for the medium.

Aw, come on M4M, we've all got to blow of some steam sometimes. :)

Germboy
02-16-2003, 10:19 PM
IMHO, u r a "l'il" crayzee bowt all deez, aight? Y nawt kikit? Ur tude "prolly" sez "vol.'s" bowt ur age.....LOL

Just kidding. I couldn't resist.

My favorite DL annoyance: people walking through traffic like slow-moving cattle, oblivious to reality. You wonder if you should roll down the river and make horse noises to scare them into getting their poor children out of harm's way. (Or prevent them from walking into your car and denting the hood.)

Germboy
02-16-2003, 10:21 PM
HA HA-- er...roll down the WINDOW...who's oblivious?

Lashbear
02-16-2003, 10:27 PM
I hate the fact that we're raising a generation of children who thing that "Thru" is a proper spelling of the word Through.

...I watched a video of "Classic Jewish Recipes" and the [aussie] host of the tape kept saying things like "You should prolly simmer it for 30 minutes, prolly"

"Prolly" is bad enough, but do you HAVE to repeat it at the end of the sentence ?:rolleyes:

MetalliKitty
02-16-2003, 10:41 PM
I hated it when some woman in the exit queue for Indiana Jones Adventure whacked me in the eye and almost made me lose a contact lens. But - she apologized profusely and somehow, amazingly, grace and wonders behold! it fell out onto my open palm and was re-installable into my eye.
(Yes I told that tale before, longer, I forgot which thread it was.:rolleyes: )

I am really glad I have not YET had to deal with some of the stuff posted on here, about rude stroller/wheelchair pushers, line cutters, etc. Although as of last Christmas we have been AP holders so it is just a matter of time probably.

Because I am the type of person who just might get a little bit vocally caustic (though not vulgar or insulting at a place like DL/DCA) or at least say "No, excuse YOU!"...or maybe just stick out my tongue at them, heck.
It is not that I am unbearably obnoxious (well maybe just a little ;) ) but I believe a lot of rudeness is unconsciously committed and if you make someone aware of their actions, maybe they will think about it from that point??!

well anyways there's my 4 cents worth.

mkyears
02-16-2003, 10:48 PM
I don't hate anything at disneyland I have fun and don't have to complain about stupid little things that I don't like.

Kandy
02-16-2003, 11:12 PM
Well good for you. :sleep:

justagrrl
02-17-2003, 06:55 AM
I don't often wait for parades or shows...but my little man is a big Buzz Lightyear fan so we've seen that one 3 of 4 times I guess. This happened twice - there is a spot in front of us maybe 2 or 3 feet wide by 4-6" deep...and some mom tries to put her kids in the little spot right in front of us. Excuse me but No! We were here first and have been waiting and that is NOT a spot. It's a little breathing room so we aren't physically touching the people in front of us. One lady apologized over and over about. The other lady acted like I was the rudest person on the face of the earth!

And let's not forget the people that, as you are pushing a stroller, try to pass you and cut you off by sort of hopping over the end of the stroller.

And the abbeviation that really bugs me: NE1