PDA

View Full Version : Are you Mouse Enough?

Castmbrdlx
07-24-2001, 10:25 AM
I was watching tv last night and I saw a commercial for Universal Studios yesterday and It was a pitch that said "are you extreme enough?" or somthing like that. Sort of like the DCA "Are you Mouse Enough" pitch last month. Is there one marketing guy out there making this stuff up? I thought It was pretty funny....:rolleyes:

Maleficent0
07-24-2001, 11:17 AM
*and* they're giving free children tickets for every paid adult. That sounds vaguely familiar?!? :p

AVP
07-24-2001, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Castmbrdlx
I was watching tv last night and I saw a commercial for Universal Studios yesterday and It was a pitch that said "are you extreme enough?" or somthing like that. Sort of like the DCA "Are you Mouse Enough" pitch last month. Is there one marketing guy out there making this stuff up? I thought It was pretty funny....:rolleyes:

I still think the DCA slogan should be "Are You Tall Enough?"

Adrienne VP

PirateoftheCaribbean
07-24-2001, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Castmbrdlx
I was watching tv last night and I saw a commercial for Universal Studios yesterday and It was a pitch that said "are you extreme enough?" or somthing like that. Sort of like the DCA "Are you Mouse Enough" pitch last month. Is there one marketing guy out there making this stuff up? I thought It was pretty funny....

That is funny:p :p :p

zapppop
07-24-2001, 01:25 PM
I'm just thinking out loud here but doesn't mousey mean cowardly ?

Agree with Adrienne's slogan.

Lani
07-24-2001, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
I'm just thinking out loud here but doesn't mousey mean cowardly ?MOUSEY, yes., "Mouse," no. There's a subtle difference in wording (and technically, just a one-letter difference) but the nuance is definitely there.

JeffG
07-24-2001, 02:53 PM
The new slogan that Universal is using is "Are you maniac enough?" It obviously does appear to be a take-off on the DCA promos.

Universal introduced the free kid admission program before DCA did, by the way.

-Jeff

Hades
07-24-2001, 03:29 PM
I still think the DCA slogan should be "Are You Tall Enough?"

Funny you should say this! At work today, my lead told me that the Soarin' Over California ride will be lowering the height limitation. I don't quite remember to what height (I think 42 inches, but not too sure). I wonder what will be next? Hmmmmm... :rolleyes:

amynicole22
07-25-2001, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by lani
MOUSEY, yes., "Mouse," no. There's a subtle difference in wording (and technically, just a one-letter difference) but the nuance is definitely there.

From dictionary.com:

mousˇy also mousˇey (mous, -z)
adj. mousˇiˇer, mousˇiˇest

1. Resembling a mouse, especially:
Having a drab, pale brown color: mousy hair.
Having small sharp features: a mousy face.
Quiet; timid; shy.

2. Infested with mice.

Great connotations for DCA, don't you think?

zapppop
07-25-2001, 02:58 PM
....thinking out loud again.........

Didn't Al Lutz say recently that DCA had a rodent problem ?

I think he said there were mice in Bountiful Valley Farm.

JeffG
07-25-2001, 05:13 PM
Disneyland has lots of (real) mice running around as well. That is pretty much unavoidable at an outdoor venue where lots of food is likely to be dropped. The fairly serious rodent problem is the reason why there are so many feral cats running around the park. They were brought in years ago to try and control the rodent population.

-Jeff

Napsto
07-25-2001, 05:23 PM
are there cats in dca as well?

DisneylandKid
07-25-2001, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Hades

Funny you should say this! At work today, my lead told me that the Soarin' Over California ride will be lowering the height limitation. I don't quite remember to what height (I think 42 inches, but not too sure). I wonder what will be next? Hmmmmm... :rolleyes:

I'm surprised they'll be doing this...will it be safe? Do those little extra straps for the "younger aviators" really work?

Also, as someone noted earlier, the Universal Studios slogan is "are you MANIAC enough," not extreme. I personally like the "MOUSE enough" saying, though I can see how people wouldn't.