PDA

View Full Version : I work with a past cast member!

disneylandgirl
01-15-2010, 11:03 AM
So, we hired a new girl at work, and apparently she worked on Pirates for about four months! She said it was the best job she ever had. She is a DL nut JUST LIKE ME!! I am so excited! We were talking earlier about how everytime we leave we cry, and how magical it is... OMG I couldn't be happier! (I live 4 hours away from DL so it's not common to meet people who have worked there) :D:D:D:D:D:D

houseofmouse
01-15-2010, 12:15 PM
I am related to two ex CM's. My sister worked in Tomorrowland and my BIL also worked at DL. They did not love it so much but they worked there in the late 80's. I once got gas and the guy working at the station used to work Haunted Mansion. :) We did Habitat for Humanity and met a guy who worked animation for Tron and Rescuers. He no longer works there.

It is fun to hear stories from ex employees.:)

Phil Johnson
01-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Heh heh... I worked with a gal back in my grocery store days who was a cast member. And when she told me she was a face character, I flipped. Snow White... working in a grocery store. :)

adriennek
01-15-2010, 11:39 PM
One of my assistant scout leaders is a former CM.

So what cracks me up is that she's never been part of any online Disney communities. She and I are friends on Facebook. She is friends with many of the people she used to work with at DL. (She met her late husband working there, even.) So some of her FB friends are mutual friends with some of my FB friends, but she has no idea who my other FB friends are. There's one CM who regularly replies to her comments and it cracks me up every time I see his name pop up. "I know him!"

I know. That's probably confusing. It's late.

I know a bunch of past and current CMs. I knew one person for a long time before finding how where this person's spouse works at DL. When I found out, my reaction startled him/her. ;)

Adrienne

orchid2
01-16-2010, 04:07 AM
I've known many people who are currently or did work for Disneyland and the wonderful stories they could tell, many special things that the CM would do for charities after hours after the parks were closed. Then one of my favorite CM was Charlie his mother and I are very close what he did was to work for Disney side of the table with all the unions on the other side, he started out sweeping the streets and end up with what he called the best job in the world.

aznewsboy
01-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Our Schwan guy is a former CM.

Malcon10t
01-17-2010, 01:48 PM
I have a niece who is a former CM and another who is a current CM, actually with Team Anaheim, not in the park.

Bytebear
01-17-2010, 09:51 PM
My partner was a CM for 11 years. His brother was a Jungle Cruise Skipper and a canoe guide!

Jeffreaky
01-17-2010, 11:22 PM
I don't know any CM's

TowerofTerror
01-17-2010, 11:31 PM
I Know a current cast member and past cast member

lola2009
01-18-2010, 06:00 PM
My DDs band teacher is an ex cm. He was Dale!! How that came up with a 10 yo old proves we are disney crazy lol

RunninDisney
01-18-2010, 07:06 PM
I like to think of myself as a future cast member!

torquedork
01-18-2010, 07:47 PM
One of my friends from high school who now teaches at the same high school that we went too which one of his former student of his is does one of the face characters Belle. Also I've ran into one of my former co-workers who's a current CM in the Entertainment Department several years ago.

disneylandgirl
01-19-2010, 07:26 AM
It's so funny for me, because everybody at work knows how ADDICTED I am to DL... and anytime I'm out of the office, they know I'm at DL. LOL. So it's just perfect that my new assistant used to work there! I could hear the thoughts in my bosses head, "Oh great, they'll be sitting over there talking about DL all day". :D

Mark Mywords
01-19-2010, 08:59 AM
My ex-boss worked as a CM at the Aunt Jemima Pancake house way back when.
Overall, he seemed very bitter about his experience there (and definitely was not a fan of Disneyland). He did, however, relate an interesting story about how he met "Uncle Walt", who asked him to demonstrate the conveyor belt system they used for dirty dishes.

lola2009
01-19-2010, 11:52 AM
I wish I worked with some disney ppl :(

danyoung
01-19-2010, 12:29 PM
When I first started working at my current job, I was using my laptop to program some equipment. One of my coworkers came up, introduced himself, and then looked at my computer's desktop and said "Hey, that's a nice picture of the Matterhorn - they must have taken that after they took out the Skyway but before they closed up the hole in the mountain." I freaked out - here I am, in Dallas, TX, and I'm working with another Disney park nut like myself! Very very cool!!!

CMHusband
01-19-2010, 06:34 PM
My wife is a CM and LOVES working there!!! I like the perks.

Jeffreaky
01-20-2010, 12:16 AM
I still don't know any CM's

bluuth
01-20-2010, 07:55 PM
I live with a former cast member! The boyfriend liked working there - he had fun. And still knows some people there.

In Boston I worked with a guy who was 'friends' with Prince Charming at WDW. He was fantastic (and very handsome)! He got autographs 'from' Prince Charming for me and my friends!

Ish68
01-20-2010, 09:42 PM
isn't cool when you knwo that someone close to you had some connection to the Walt Disney company.

I happen to be extra lucky. One of my fellow co-worker actually knew Walt Disney himself and was actually lucky enough to get a ride on his minuature train. When he first showed me the pictures i found it so amazing that someone standing next to me had actually once shared moments with Walt.

when he then spent his teenage years working at Disneyland and till this date visits the parks continously whether it be to have dinner at club 33 or just walk the park he loves.

because of him i know am the proud owner of some nice Disney memorabilia.

Now if only he would find it in his heart to give me the one of a kind hand made throw that Dave Smith himself has been wanting for the Disney archives. It would look great at my house .....LOL

janell
01-21-2010, 06:23 AM
I used to be a CM and very much enjoyed my time working at DL. I miss the perks. lol

torquedork
01-21-2010, 08:07 PM
I actually just remembered this, but one of my neighbors is a CM which she's works in one of the kiosk over by Small World and TT

njdrummer
01-24-2010, 12:09 PM
I just returned from my trip to DLR (the NAMM convention, actually) and found that many of the staff in some of the local restaurants are former CMs.
It is always great conversation. They want to here about the music biz and I want to hear about the park!

kfreak
01-24-2010, 12:31 PM
My Uncle was friends with a very famous Cast Member. I just found out last night that years ago he was friends with Roy Disney, and even had him over my grandparents house for dinner one night.