PDA

View Full Version : Sub[marine Voyage]

mightduck
02-14-2003, 02:48 PM
does anyone know what the are doing with the sub? I seen it running the last time i went to disneyland, so is it going to come back soon?

HBTiggerFan
02-14-2003, 03:15 PM
The submarine voyage (http://www.yesterland.com/submarine.html) has not been running since 1994 and to the best of my knowledge there are no plans to bring it back.

Laffite
02-14-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
The submarine voyage (http://www.yesterland.com/submarine.html) has not been running since 1994 and to the best of my knowledge there are no plans to bring it back.

Actually, HBTF, they are going to bring the sub back up on the same day they're going to unfroze Walt.

rexfarms
02-14-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Laffite
Actually, HBTF, they are going to bring the sub back up on the same day they're going to unfroze Walt.

Funny.;)

DisneyFan25863
02-14-2003, 05:53 PM
We could always raid the Morge, take some body, bring it back from the dead, and say it's Walt Disney :D

mousketeer
02-14-2003, 06:34 PM

Submarine Voyage closed in 1998. The Skyway closed in 1994.

HBTiggerFan
02-14-2003, 10:25 PM
OK, I feel stupid :( Thanks for the correction.

rexfarms
02-15-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
We could always raid the Morge, take some body, bring it back from the dead, and say it's Walt Disney :D

Funny.;)

rexfarms
02-15-2003, 12:05 PM
Oh and by the way, you can sometimes easily see the subs sometimes on the monorail on the way back from DTD Station on your right.

BJW
02-15-2003, 03:23 PM
However, wasn't there plans to build a water-based attraction in the lagoon. During the DCA construction at the preview center wasn't the timeline for the ride supposed to be around 2005? On Mouseinfo Marci said that original e-ticket rides were slated for opening for 06 and 08 for Disneyland and DCA respectively. Could the e-ticket ride for Disneyland be the new sub ride? Does anyone else have anymore info on this?

AliKzam
02-15-2003, 11:55 PM
It's said Paul Pressler wanted to put little remote control boats in the lagoon. Yeah, okay. Go and sell your striped scarves, now.
The imagineers wanted to put an "Atlantis"-themed ride inthe lagoon. Think a cross between Alien Encounter and, well, the subs. The movie tanked and, according to Jim Hill, the proposed ride wouldn't pass through as many people per hour as TDA wanted them to.
That's interesting you saw the subs running, though. Something will go there, someday. But I bet it won't be in this decade. Wouldn't it be nifty if we got something there this decade?

RStar
02-18-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by mousketeer
Submarine Voyage closed in 1998. The Skyway closed in 1994.

And my kids and I were there for the closing of each that day:eek:

Got pics, too.

OK, I'm a geek..............:rolleyes:

rexfarms
02-18-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by RStar
And my kids and I were there for the closing of each that day:eek:

Got pics, too.

OK, I'm a geek..............:rolleyes:

I would love to see some pics if you want to share them.:)

Pony Sugrue
02-19-2003, 01:32 PM
I remember a time when TOMORROWLAND traffic looked bustling. One could see SKY BUCKETS, SUBMARINES, THE WEDWAY PEOPLE MOVER, AND THE MONORAIL all moving around there. Now it's just that lone monorail pulling up to that cheesy LOGAN'S RUN-looking station. Sigh.

In regards to the SUBMARINE closure, I was reading in David Koenig's "Mousetales" sequel that a big part of closing the SUBMARINE VOYAGE was that the lagoon was leaking badly everyday.... and it was so expensive to pump all those gallons of water back into it.

If this was one of the major factors in retiring this ride, then why is the lagoon still filled? Wouldn't leaking/water table problems still be eminent whether the ride was in operation or not... and thus, still costing Disney some major coin?

Pirate Bill
02-19-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Pony Sugrue
Now it's just that lone monorail pulling up to that cheesy LOGAN'S RUN-looking station. LOL! :D

I had heard from a CM some time ago that there was a full de-commissioning ceremony and everything that would normally be related to an actual submarine. Is this true? If so, those pics would be really cool to see!

Techie7
02-19-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Pony Sugrue
I remember a time when TOMORROWLAND traffic looked bustling. One could see SKY BUCKETS, SUBMARINES, THE WEDWAY PEOPLE MOVER, AND THE MONORAIL all moving around there. Now it's just that lone monorail pulling up to that cheesy LOGAN'S RUN-looking station. Sigh.
Don't forget though that we now have the monorail tractors zooming overhead on a daily basis. I for one love to watch it zoom by in all its glory.